Managing reservations made simpler

Airbnb
Official Account

Managing reservations made simpler

Reservation Details Article Image.jpg

You’ve told us that managing reservations from home or on the go could be easier and more consistent. As we did with changes to your reservations list, we’ve listened to your feedback, studied hosts’ concerns raised with the community-support team, and run research studies to understand how we could improve your experience. Here’s a sneak peek of upcoming changes built on your input.

Consistent information wherever you go

Soon, whether you’re managing reservations on the Airbnb app or website, you’ll have the same set of reservation details available. What’s more, anywhere you see a reservation—in your calendar, the message thread, your dashboard, or your reservations list—you’ll be able to take action right from that screen, which means it will be faster and more efficient for you to handle each reservation.

reservation-en.gif

More details about reservations and guests

We’re giving you more specific information about the status of each reservation. And you’ll also get more details about the guest associated with each reservation without having to click into their profile. You’ll know how long they’ve been on Airbnb, what languages they speak, and if they’re a host like you, so you can make confident booking decisions and interact with your guests efficiently and quickly, all from one screen.

More payment details

You’ve told us that you wanted your expected payout dates to be even more visible. Numerous hosts called our  community support team about this, so we made sure payout dates were easier to find. We’ve added a link to your transaction history and expected payout dates alongside every reservation.

Answers to your frequently asked questions, right where you need them

By studying the types of questions that come up most often for inquiries and reservations, we’ve been able to anticipate what answers might be most helpful to you based on the reservation you’re currently managing. We’ve added links to reservation-specific FAQs at the bottom of every reservation so you can get the information you need, when you need it.

More consistent tools and views

Previously, if you had Instant Book turned on for a listing, you could only hold dates when you pre-approved a guest on the website. Now you can do so in the app too. And the private notes feature, which was previously available only in the calendar, is now available anywhere you see a reservation.

All these improvements are coming your way in the next few months, and we hope they help make quick work of managing your reservations. Thanks to all the hosts who gave us feedback and joined focus groups. Let us know what you think of these changes and others you’d like to see.

2,467 Replies 2,467
Debra261
Level 4
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you list the rooms as three separate listings, then you can have them individually priced.

Yvonne-And-Bart0
Level 2
Santa Rosa, CA

Thank you for all the improvements you are making to facilitate our booking process. The only commentor request  I have is the space available to write a message response on the App. As we type we can only see one line at a time and when we review the message only one line at a time can be seen. I find it hard to properly respond to a message without making mistakes. Any way possible to increase the visibility to more lines to see at once? thank you. .

Lauree1
Level 1
Duluth, MN

I wish you would include the name(s) of additional guests. I have a difficult time remembering the name of the spouse/partner when it comes to review time, so it would really help me if I had a reference.

Karen1714
Level 1
Oliver, Canada

Why do some of my guests get auto approval with no ID etc and other don;t. I thought I had asked for ID ??

Karen1714
Level 1
Oliver, Canada

We have a 'suite ' that we rent out. No kitchen facilities. There should be a different section for suites vs rooms. 

Joy352
Level 1
Banksia Beach, Australia

I wish to have availability for the nights I have a confirmed reservation as I have two other rooms available for these nights. Thank you Joy

Maggy---Chip0
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

All of the photos for guest are blurry now. Its hard to see the face and we need to know who we are letting into the secured building.  

Alison553
Level 2
Drogheda, Ireland

Hi, I am new to Airbnb, can someone tell me how I can manage to take two bookings in one day please? My guests check out at 11am and my new guests arrive at 3pm on the same day but the calender doesn't seem to recognise this. How do I get around that? 

Debra261
Level 4
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi Alison Have you checked your settings? I'm wondering if you've inadvertantly set up your listing so that it thinks that you need 1 day notice/preparation time before someone checks in.

Hi Debra, I finally got it! Thank you so much. Still learning. 

For the first time ever I have a guest who is not responding tom my messages and requests on when they will be arriving - they have not opened the detailed directions to find our place, again for the first time ever...  If this is progress can we go back please - I cannot hang around all day waiting for people who may not even turn up

Bring back the calendar!!!  Blood pressure is supposed to drop when you see a reservation - not rise!

Carla776
Level 1
Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis

How do I get my other rooms to remain available when I have 1 guest in a space that could accommodate more persons? Help

Penny221
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Very good change. Can you change the colours on the calendar so it is easier to see?

Last night I received a message for a confirmed reservation. What happened to being able to choose to accept or decline??