Managing reservations made simpler

Airbnb
Official Account

Managing reservations made simpler

Reservation Details Article Image.jpg

You’ve told us that managing reservations from home or on the go could be easier and more consistent. As we did with changes to your reservations list, we’ve listened to your feedback, studied hosts’ concerns raised with the community-support team, and run research studies to understand how we could improve your experience. Here’s a sneak peek of upcoming changes built on your input.

Consistent information wherever you go

Soon, whether you’re managing reservations on the Airbnb app or website, you’ll have the same set of reservation details available. What’s more, anywhere you see a reservation—in your calendar, the message thread, your dashboard, or your reservations list—you’ll be able to take action right from that screen, which means it will be faster and more efficient for you to handle each reservation.

reservation-en.gif

More details about reservations and guests

We’re giving you more specific information about the status of each reservation. And you’ll also get more details about the guest associated with each reservation without having to click into their profile. You’ll know how long they’ve been on Airbnb, what languages they speak, and if they’re a host like you, so you can make confident booking decisions and interact with your guests efficiently and quickly, all from one screen.

More payment details

You’ve told us that you wanted your expected payout dates to be even more visible. Numerous hosts called our  community support team about this, so we made sure payout dates were easier to find. We’ve added a link to your transaction history and expected payout dates alongside every reservation.

Answers to your frequently asked questions, right where you need them

By studying the types of questions that come up most often for inquiries and reservations, we’ve been able to anticipate what answers might be most helpful to you based on the reservation you’re currently managing. We’ve added links to reservation-specific FAQs at the bottom of every reservation so you can get the information you need, when you need it.

More consistent tools and views

Previously, if you had Instant Book turned on for a listing, you could only hold dates when you pre-approved a guest on the website. Now you can do so in the app too. And the private notes feature, which was previously available only in the calendar, is now available anywhere you see a reservation.

All these improvements are coming your way in the next few months, and we hope they help make quick work of managing your reservations. Thanks to all the hosts who gave us feedback and joined focus groups. Let us know what you think of these changes and others you’d like to see.

2,467 Replies 2,467
Mark434
Level 1
Calgary, CA

I would also love to see a change to the payouts page that lists how the nightly rate shown is calculated. For example, we have various discounts for: non-refundable bookings, and length of stay (week/month). When the details of a booking come through... it shows the average price/night. It would be awesome to see when the other discounts are applied. It would save several calls, and hours for us, and the Airbnb team on the phone trying to figure out if/when a discount has been applied.

I would love to see:   

Payout:  $82/night x 11 nights = $902

Weekly Discount, and non-refundable discounts applied.

That's all that would be needed for us to figure out how we got from the price we set (or smart pricing) to the price displayed!

To be even more helpful, even more detail would be amazing. That might look like this:

Payout $82/night = $902

Jan 1-7 $88/night, Jan 8-11 $71.50/night

Weekly Discount, and non-refundable discounts applied

A few lines of text would save Airbnb a fair amount of money (I would guess). It could cut down on confused calls from hosts wondering how their nightly rate got from what was set in the calendar to what is displayed in the payout (there would of course be some cost to pay the computer people to change how the payout is displayed). 

Please put the sale amount down below under "payout". I do screenshots and send them to the cleaning company and I have to crop the # of guests, # of nights and the guests name off of the top of the screenshot to prevent the cleaning company from seeing the price of the stay. Thanks

Luiza149
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I really dislike the fact that now  I can only see the pictures of my guests,  reviews and profile only AFTER I accept the booking. The guests can see my profile, photos, reviews, and I cannot see anything.  Who decided to make it only one way?That’s not good! 

I have a guest who booked for 8 nights. Then he booked an extra night at the beginning so they arrived one day earlier.

Understandably Airbnb dealt with the 2 bookings separately for payment purposes, however, they requested my feedback after the first (extra) day  while the guests are still there for another week.

It would have made more sense if they only requested feedback once they had left.

Thanks!

Christy186
Level 1
Denver, CO

why is there no longer an icon to send check in instructions? I called airbnb and they can't explain how I'm now supposed to send the instructions to my guests. this is not making things easier.

Joycelyn7
Level 2
Tyrone, GA

Where are my saved messages now? I like to send my guest the saved message. I don't see it and can't find it.

Elias126
Level 1
Nairobi, Kenya

We are not getting how you make charges on our property. We indicated that we charge $24 per room and yet you are applying the same rate for 16 guests. Surely 16 people cannot fit in one room. Please check on this. 

With all your changes you have not been able to send me a credible guest since about 3 months.About 4 to5 times you have proposed me guests to be without any further action.Not later than yesterday same thing repeated again although all the requests of the guest were positive. This is very discouraging in fact.I

Allison228
Level 2
Brentwood, TN

Where is my check in guide? I can’t find it to send to guest.

Tamara268
Level 1
Baltimore, MD

Hi would like you to change the feature of having to create a site for each room. It would be nice if guest and host could just view what room and how many people are coming when you have an option for various themed rooms. Creating different sites makes more work for both of us. Most hotel sites provide this option to select a room and indicate how many guest as provided as an option for each room.

Kristi5
Level 9
Washington, United States

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Bring back the mini calendar in the reservation page!!!!!!

Please and Thank you.

Helen2021
Level 1
Makati, Philippines

Hi!  I am Helen, an Airbnb co-host.  I may need help in understanding why there is always a prompt in my mobile Airbnb website...."ERROR:  You have no permission to access this resource."  Can you please explain what this means.  I had been using Airbnb since 2017 and I did not encounter such till now.  Thank you for your attention.  My email address is helen_mangubat@yahoo.com

Marie-Grace0
Level 1
Santa Cruz, CA

Thank you for your efforts to streamline our screen work.

It would sure help us if the automatic aibnb ad that advertises kick-back for getting other people to join did not appear everytime I open my message board--it takes up half my screen and I get tired of always having to click it off the screen every time.

Also it would help tremendously, as a host, to not have the traveling messages automatically come up first. I have to click out of that into hosting messages each time. Verrrrrry time consuming and irritating. 

If there is a way to re-set each of those things I mentioned so I don't have to go through them dozens of times every day, please tell me.

Thank you!

Sheikh0
Level 1
Manama, Bahrain

Hi, I am not sure if this is the right place. But I am raising the issue of confusing details in the current booking of my apartment. The AirBnB app in my iphone shows the booking is for one adult from 26th-28th Dec and charges of Rs.11,000. But in the AirBnB website in my computer, the dates are shown as 29-31 Dec for 5 guests and the charges of Rs. 13000 around.

Will I be paid Rs.11000 or Rs.13,000?

Anna8212
Level 1
Berwick, Australia

Really appreciate the efforts for improvement. Yet, the older versions were far more easier to use except guests information aspect. 

Would highly recommend to slow down upgrading so as hosts could have more time to get it familiarized.