Managing reservations made simpler

Airbnb
Official Account

Managing reservations made simpler

Reservation Details Article Image.jpg

You’ve told us that managing reservations from home or on the go could be easier and more consistent. As we did with changes to your reservations list, we’ve listened to your feedback, studied hosts’ concerns raised with the community-support team, and run research studies to understand how we could improve your experience. Here’s a sneak peek of upcoming changes built on your input.

Consistent information wherever you go

Soon, whether you’re managing reservations on the Airbnb app or website, you’ll have the same set of reservation details available. What’s more, anywhere you see a reservation—in your calendar, the message thread, your dashboard, or your reservations list—you’ll be able to take action right from that screen, which means it will be faster and more efficient for you to handle each reservation.

reservation-en.gif

More details about reservations and guests

We’re giving you more specific information about the status of each reservation. And you’ll also get more details about the guest associated with each reservation without having to click into their profile. You’ll know how long they’ve been on Airbnb, what languages they speak, and if they’re a host like you, so you can make confident booking decisions and interact with your guests efficiently and quickly, all from one screen.

More payment details

You’ve told us that you wanted your expected payout dates to be even more visible. Numerous hosts called our  community support team about this, so we made sure payout dates were easier to find. We’ve added a link to your transaction history and expected payout dates alongside every reservation.

Answers to your frequently asked questions, right where you need them

By studying the types of questions that come up most often for inquiries and reservations, we’ve been able to anticipate what answers might be most helpful to you based on the reservation you’re currently managing. We’ve added links to reservation-specific FAQs at the bottom of every reservation so you can get the information you need, when you need it.

More consistent tools and views

Previously, if you had Instant Book turned on for a listing, you could only hold dates when you pre-approved a guest on the website. Now you can do so in the app too. And the private notes feature, which was previously available only in the calendar, is now available anywhere you see a reservation.

All these improvements are coming your way in the next few months, and we hope they help make quick work of managing your reservations. Thanks to all the hosts who gave us feedback and joined focus groups. Let us know what you think of these changes and others you’d like to see.

2,467 Replies 2,467
Linda1250
Level 2
Sonora, CA

I frequently communicate with a guest who has requested a reservation prior to accepting their request. When people are traveling in rural or mountain areas, they don’t always have access to WiFi so the process can sometimes take more than the 24-hour window to complete the booking. At times, I have had to reject a reservation just to avoid having my Superhost status penalized even before the guest’s email exchange is complete. Then my calendar is blocked and the guest can’t rebook the dates. Very frustrating for everyone involved! 

These are great changes!

Clare141
Level 2
Benenden, United Kingdom

What would be really useful would be to have the bank payments connected with the name of the guest. A code is difficult to identify with the guest, whereas a name is instantly recognisable. My change over is fast so this would be a very helpful tool.

Lindsey15
Level 1
Austin, TX

You have a place to add the cleaning fee, so why not add these?

Things that I would like to see Airbnb add are:

1.  A place to add x% state hotel occupancy tax and x%city (or county) hotel occupancy tax. (In Texas, you collect and pay the state tax, but not the city one. In N.Y. You collect neither.)

2. A place to add pet visitor fee.  (Example: $20/dog/night)

3. A place to add early checkin or late checkout charge. (Example: $10/hour)

I put the tax in the property description so the guests know how much I have to pay the county...." price includes X% county tax." [Airbnb now pays my state]

EXACTLY!

I hate to have to collect these in person!

The 10% TAT I don’t add but I DO pay. The 4% GET is on every single thing in Hawaii, again... not added on. But I PAY it! Not everyone on The Big island is reg with the County of Hawaii! No one makes anyone pay it ( yet). New rules passed. Not enforced yet!

also a linen fee is now available? 

Id also like to see a HOT tub fee. I have 110 volt electric only on my hot tub. If they want it 104 it must stay on about 24/7. Making the meter fly! It’s about $15 a day! Not everyone needs the hot tub that hot OR on daily. It takes a few hours to get it that hot. But I’d like to charge only those who use the hot tub a fee. Not everyone. 

Pets. Same thing. I provide food. Bowls. Bed. Blanket. Then have to deep clean entire room if I have a special request pet. Hawaii with its quarantine doesn’t have many pet stays.. but sometimes I have people moving here that need accommodations one night. 

Again I’d like to add the fee in the ABB app.  Not collect it separately. 

I would like to have an additional pet fee section also.  It would make it much easier for guests to check that fee when they book, rather than having to contact them and tell them that there is a fee for pets after they book.

Debra231
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Changing all the time is just more confusing!  Change for the sake of change is not constructive.

just keep things as they are because everyone has got used to it. There is nothing wrong with the way things are. Totally unnessary for changing format which is good at the moment. ( maybe it just provides employment for your designers).  

Patricia631
Level 2
Houston, TX

I have just started co-hosting and agree with the payment spoiling requests . Direct pay for cleaners would be wonderful too 

Thank you!

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@ Rory, Susan  Can't seem to @ message them. 

WHEN YOU WRITE A REVIEW FOR A BAD GUEST - THAT REVIEW WILL SHOW ON THEIR PROFILE PAGE - just because they don't write a review for the house they trashed does NOT effect your review. Keep writing those warning reviews for other HOSTS, Please.

What happens is:

hosts and guests are asked to write a review  approx. 3 hrs. after ck out time

Each can write during a window of 14 days - IF both write  both reviews are published immediately  -

IF only one person/ hosts or guest writes - there is a 14 waiting period - Then it is published -

After 14 days whatever review was written is published - either one - or both - it DOES NOT EFFECT A REVIEW IF ONE PARTY DID NOT WRITE A REVIEW.

PLEASE give thumbs down (found in the upper right corner when writing) low stars for BAD GUESTS, please. It will help other hosts to know about bad guests. 

Thanks and happy hosting, Clara

Thanks for that.  Previously I thought if the guest didn't write a review then mine would not be published.

I’d like to be able to write fir other ABB hosts ONLY. I don’t want the guests to see my comments. 

They may may not be “ transfers” they may just be EXTRA “ needy” or forget to turn off everything when they leave. Little things the next host may want a heads up on. They may have a lot of different over night guests. Etc. that I merely want to apprise the next hosts of. Not broadcast on the internet. 

Would like to see more transparency over charges to guest.  I understand Airbnb currently charges guests (quite a lot) extra for non existant "services" without revealing these charges to hosts.  Guests therefore expect extra services and may be disappointed.  The host will of course be blamed for this disappointment through no fault of their own.

As a host I also need to send guests lots of preprinted information such as directions to the accommodation etc, but Airbnb no longer enable attachments to messages, preventing me from doing so.  This makes life unneccesarily difficult for both guests and hosts.

Airbnb's website login page recently developed a fault preventing some users from logging in.  Airbnb therefore needs to publicise a direct email address separate from their website to enable emergency contact. 

Put your "standard" preprinted information in a WORD or ither text document in your filing system and copy/paste into AirBnb message.  Or copy/paste into AirBnb's section for Standard Emails.  I have several long (2 WORD pages) instruction messages and this method works well as a work around.  

The co-host payment was so convenient. So sorry you took that away, please put it back. Also, I think co-hosts should share in the $100 credit. I would be happy to split mine 50/50.