Managing reservations made simpler

Airbnb
Official Account

Managing reservations made simpler

Reservation Details Article Image.jpg

You’ve told us that managing reservations from home or on the go could be easier and more consistent. As we did with changes to your reservations list, we’ve listened to your feedback, studied hosts’ concerns raised with the community-support team, and run research studies to understand how we could improve your experience. Here’s a sneak peek of upcoming changes built on your input.

Consistent information wherever you go

Soon, whether you’re managing reservations on the Airbnb app or website, you’ll have the same set of reservation details available. What’s more, anywhere you see a reservation—in your calendar, the message thread, your dashboard, or your reservations list—you’ll be able to take action right from that screen, which means it will be faster and more efficient for you to handle each reservation.

reservation-en.gif

More details about reservations and guests

We’re giving you more specific information about the status of each reservation. And you’ll also get more details about the guest associated with each reservation without having to click into their profile. You’ll know how long they’ve been on Airbnb, what languages they speak, and if they’re a host like you, so you can make confident booking decisions and interact with your guests efficiently and quickly, all from one screen.

More payment details

You’ve told us that you wanted your expected payout dates to be even more visible. Numerous hosts called our  community support team about this, so we made sure payout dates were easier to find. We’ve added a link to your transaction history and expected payout dates alongside every reservation.

Answers to your frequently asked questions, right where you need them

By studying the types of questions that come up most often for inquiries and reservations, we’ve been able to anticipate what answers might be most helpful to you based on the reservation you’re currently managing. We’ve added links to reservation-specific FAQs at the bottom of every reservation so you can get the information you need, when you need it.

More consistent tools and views

Previously, if you had Instant Book turned on for a listing, you could only hold dates when you pre-approved a guest on the website. Now you can do so in the app too. And the private notes feature, which was previously available only in the calendar, is now available anywhere you see a reservation.

All these improvements are coming your way in the next few months, and we hope they help make quick work of managing your reservations. Thanks to all the hosts who gave us feedback and joined focus groups. Let us know what you think of these changes and others you’d like to see.

2,467 Replies 2,467
Penelope0
Level 5
Englewood, FL

I would like a catagory added- Waterfront. This is a key feature of my property . I would like prospective guests to be able to search by this feature.

Airbnb continually asks me to reduce my prce to less than other properties in my area- I think based on number of bedrooms. My property was Much more expensive to buy and maintain than the simple properties.

Michael1206
Level 2
Newmarket, NH

I would recommend adding an “Extra Bedroom” fee option. The extra guest fee is fine, but I sometimes have two guests that share one bedroom and others that prefer using both guest rooms. The extra room is more work on the host and should be made to be charged accordingly.

I have the fee for an additonal bedroom to be utilized listed with my registration information but the guest is never charged for it.  It happens every time and I do have additional work to do to get ready for the next guest.  I do not know how to remedy that problem.

Glad for these improvements!  Happy Thanksgiving!

What about selecting specific days to block? Like Wednesdays throughout the year? It’s time consuming to select days your unavailable without adding check boxes to the days of the week on top of selecting single dates. 

Sudheer1
Level 1
Vadodara, India

It should be easier to get to page where one can write e-mail msg to the support team. A click button in the main menu itself is recommended for this purpose.

Split back fantastic idea!

Neely0
Level 2
Greenville, SC

I would love automatic payment to my cleaner. I’ve heard that once occurred on AirBNB. 

Kurt-and-Kim0
Level 3
Chicago, IL

How about just showing us a breakdown of the amount a guest is paiding for each night??? As soon as a reservation is booked there's no way to see each night's booking cost...information hiding. This is a great start at the design:

Date / Amount / Extra Guest Fee

How about also ALWAYS showing the Day of the Week (Monday, Tuesday, etc.) whenever you show the date? This would be helpful...

Not too concerned at all about the Payout date - this is 24 hours after check in. What am I missing here?

Bob-And-Karen0
Level 1
Portland, OR

You all are commenting about using co hosts and splitting and such. Yet co-hosting appears to be a service that is not available in my city Portland, Oregon.

I had assumed co-hosting didn’t work out as a concept for AirBnb. Am I wrong?

Because I’d like to use co-hosts and can’t seem to find this service available through the AirBnb platform.

Advice?

Michael2475
Level 2
Evergreen, CO

Please remember to consider including the taxes collected  and status of resolution center requests in the real time display of a guests reservation confirmation  information. As a host needing to search for this info in other areas of the platform makes no sense. 

thanx again Michael 

Wende2
Level 10
Church Creek, MD

Hi all.......I just started with Airbnb in Aug., something I think is needed is a private message area for host's, I wish I could have left a message about a couple of guys that stayed an were horrible.  The guy who booked the apt was a member for 2 yrs with no reviews, which yes I thougth was odd, but being new I wanted the booking, of course he didn't leave me a review so in turn I didn't get to warn the next host he would book with.  Think of all the property damage that could be saved if we could tell others what happened an DO NOT have them stay.

Greg54
Level 2
Oklahoma City, OK

Bring back the co host split, please...

What is the co-host fee?

Hi Everyone 

Happy Thanksgiving. Love the new reservation ideas and improvements! 

My wishes were that when a guest uses the split payment option I am no longer able to add a pet fee or extra cleaning fee in the moment they book and let me know they are bringing a pet or need an extra cleaning. I have to remember to add these fees once they have paid the full amount and with 32 places that is very difficult to remember to do so a lot of times pet fees get forgotten and we have a lot of them our units are in a pet-friendly lodge. 

I also wish the day of the week was listed with the reservation dates in the communication space that seems to have been removed. 

And another huge wish is that you could search the inbox by name of a guest. 

Cheers!