Managing reservations made simpler

Airbnb
Official Account

Managing reservations made simpler

Reservation Details Article Image.jpg

You’ve told us that managing reservations from home or on the go could be easier and more consistent. As we did with changes to your reservations list, we’ve listened to your feedback, studied hosts’ concerns raised with the community-support team, and run research studies to understand how we could improve your experience. Here’s a sneak peek of upcoming changes built on your input.

Consistent information wherever you go

Soon, whether you’re managing reservations on the Airbnb app or website, you’ll have the same set of reservation details available. What’s more, anywhere you see a reservation—in your calendar, the message thread, your dashboard, or your reservations list—you’ll be able to take action right from that screen, which means it will be faster and more efficient for you to handle each reservation.

reservation-en.gif

More details about reservations and guests

We’re giving you more specific information about the status of each reservation. And you’ll also get more details about the guest associated with each reservation without having to click into their profile. You’ll know how long they’ve been on Airbnb, what languages they speak, and if they’re a host like you, so you can make confident booking decisions and interact with your guests efficiently and quickly, all from one screen.

More payment details

You’ve told us that you wanted your expected payout dates to be even more visible. Numerous hosts called our  community support team about this, so we made sure payout dates were easier to find. We’ve added a link to your transaction history and expected payout dates alongside every reservation.

Answers to your frequently asked questions, right where you need them

By studying the types of questions that come up most often for inquiries and reservations, we’ve been able to anticipate what answers might be most helpful to you based on the reservation you’re currently managing. We’ve added links to reservation-specific FAQs at the bottom of every reservation so you can get the information you need, when you need it.

More consistent tools and views

Previously, if you had Instant Book turned on for a listing, you could only hold dates when you pre-approved a guest on the website. Now you can do so in the app too. And the private notes feature, which was previously available only in the calendar, is now available anywhere you see a reservation.

All these improvements are coming your way in the next few months, and we hope they help make quick work of managing your reservations. Thanks to all the hosts who gave us feedback and joined focus groups. Let us know what you think of these changes and others you’d like to see.

2,467 Replies 2,467
Muriel217
Level 2
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

You should put back, like in the other version, when I put my finger in the arrival date it would pop an option to save in google agenda all the info of the reservation.

Romeo-and-Danica0
Level 2
Carbondale, CO

There used to be a way with the old app to click on the date of the reservation and the Airbnb app would prompt you to export the reservation to Android calendar. Is that functionality still working?

no, I can't find this feature anymore. so frustrating!

Janine194
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Co host should have access to exactly the same information and screen views as the primary host does, if the primary host chooses to set up the co-host that way. It should be an option given to the primary host. 

It would be great if the ability to add the reservation to your personal calendar could be added back (i.e. clicking the date and being able to export to your calendar). It truly is a time saver versus having to manually input all of the details switching back and forth from app to calendar. Thank you in advance! (if that functionality has moved or something someone please please let me know...would love you forever!)

Richard1109
Level 2
Taguig, Philippines

How can we export to calendar?

Rodney55
Level 2
New Ulm, MN

It would be good if we could see the dollar amount the guests actually pay.  The cost comes up frequently, but we don't know what the total cost.  A guest may question my posted room rate of $75.00 when they end up paying 10 - 20% more for various taxes and fees.  I know what my state sales tax cost is, I don't know the Airbnb fee or if you collect local taxes.

Chuck58
Level 2
Jacksonville Beach, FL

Seems to be a cleaner format. Keep it simple and  minimalistic. 

Karen802
Level 2
Chicago, IL

cannot find the chat link or the calendar link

formatLooking for that too. Please bring it back in the new format. It's very useful for us hosts. 

Yes to Co Host spit and Co host cleaning fee! That's huge! 

Allison207
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Please put back the guests profile picture before they book...

YES.  Please put back photo of guest.  I have been a victim of abuse and need to see who will be staying at my place.  Abuse is nothing to do with airbnb

Natalia113
Level 2
Warsaw, Poland

Please kindly put back the profile picture of my guests, I have the right to know  who is going to rent my apartment and must guess, it is not a hotel.  The same as my profile is visible for them, I need mutual transparency. 

Mary1364
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I agree that splitting the co-host is missing now and I also don't understand why it isn't translating some foreign language texts anymore... it's making things harder not easier....