Calendar Updates

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Calendar Updates

Calendar

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a good start to the week.

I know the calendar is very important to you and as such it a regular topic here in the Community Center. With this in mind, I wanted to let you know about some improvements which have been made to the calendar as the result of host feedback. 

Now you can view your listing’s availability for 12 months at once instead of month-by-month. You can also block dates in the future when you know you can’t host. These updates and more—thanks to your input.

To find out more, take a look at this blog article.

It would be fantastic to hear your thoughts on this, please do share them here.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

45 Replies 45

Airbnb sometimes forgets that we the hosts are the ones making their money for them and they bring in high handed remedies. This situation has happened to me so I have had one guest this year as they bookd a year ago before I decided I would take a rest this year, But rather than refuse and fall into your situation and I did not have the heart to say no to them I was open for the one hosting.

You should not be penialised because your situation has changed and perhaps there should be a clause saying we may have to cancel if some unforseen thing happens aas many contracts have. Perhaps Airbnb could ask near by hosts if something happens can they offer their accommodation as a back up. 

They are always comparing us to the Hotel branch mainly because Airbnb is scaring the pants off the hotel branch but what happens if a hotel cannot take the booked guests?

Bryan

Super Host

Julia383
Level 1
Asheville, NC

I am fairly new at airbnb (March) and it was due to user error (I think) but I just had to cancel a reservation on dates I thought I had blocked last week on the calendar.  I find the calendar difficult to navigate, clunky, and slow.  The iphone app is super slow and too small to really see to work.  I also use an HP laptop and the site is slow.  I would like to be able to look at a month or multiple months with alternate months a different highlight or color.  To have it look like a real calendar with boxes to hold the info and dates more prominent.  I want to be able to click on the day and set the date available or not with a checkmark or an X or even perhaps Green and Red blocks that you can see the price through.  I would also like to be able to highlight and change as many continuous dates as I want without opening any other windows or pop ups. A click and drag.  Also, to be able to change the view to mulitple listings with the dates booked info in the same block.  Perhaps selecting the listings to include with a check box at the top left.  A menu selection by date in the box of the day in the calendar could have selections about the listing including the minimum stays, pricing etc.   without it cluttering up the 1/3 of the screen. 

I read about the update.  I got caught on that issue with the rolling calendar with labor day.  I got no warning email that I recall which I could have missed due to the sheer number of stuff from airbnb I get. 

Jerry71
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

The calendar in my iphone often does not work at all. I beleive I have the latest upgrade. Any suggestions? Thanks

Esna0
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Yes Lizzie the whole year calender option is a very good idea. I think it will work very well .

Thanks

Esna

Joey-And-David0
Level 5
Bath, United Kingdom

We have a minimum 2 day booking policy except for Tuesdays - at present I have to add a separate requirement for every single Tuesday throughout the year!! I would love it if when I click on a Tuesday in the calendar there was a minimum night option in that box that pops up on the right (start/end date box etc). It would save me a huge amount of hassle and time! I also would like to be able to edit the calendar when I view the whole year.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Nice idea @Joey-And-David0. Would you be able to start a new topic perhaps in the Hosting board so we can have more of a discussion around this, alternatively, we have a board called Host Voice where you can suggest an idea and the ideas with the most thumbs up from the community are shown to the Airbnb Product Team. 

Thank you. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thank you Lizzie - will do 🙂

Lisa-and-Doug0
Level 1
Jensen Beach, FL

I would like to open my calendar and see what my rates are for that day. It appears the only way I can do that is to go into details. 

thats wy i like the OLD callender also MUCH better !!!

Herman2
Level 2
Hacienda Heights, CA

I have several packages for my 4 bedroom guest house.  It will be nice if AirBnB can hire IT people smart enough to block the dates of other packages if one has confirmed booking.  For my experience as system designer and actual developer of big systems, I would consider this a 2 on the scale of 1 to 10 for complexity.

It will really help us avoid double booking and also allow us to do the instant booking.  Even if I am not doing the instant booking and I am in car on a long drive or I am in a party, I can ask my wife to approve the booking request and not worry about getting in to my laptop right away.

Steve--Rachel-and-Lily0
Level 1
Cambridge, United Kingdom

What I would find usful is to to be able to block off a date where no check in was available but the space was still available for guest checking in before and leaving on or after that date.

The way it seems to work at present if anybody searchers on a date range that includes a day I've blocked, I won't appear in the search 

steve

Cristina227
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Calendar

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Love the monthly or yearly calendar, have send many requests to Airbnb for this over the last year. One thing I would love to see is the ability to select a different COLOR for different booking blocks. In my particular case, a specific color I would use to signify, it is a booking via VRBO, or direct, etc. Just a thought.

HoaandVan0
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Hi everybody, new update make me confused as I can't see the calendar and all messages in inbox also. How could I turnback to the old one? Thanks, Hoa&Van

Chelsea50
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Hi Lizzie, 

This might be great for long-term hosts, but the new calendar AWFUL on a day to day basis!!!  So, I only host when it suits me (no more than 3 months in advance), and I often change my nightly price because my city has many festivals/students/tourism cycles. SO I need a calendar I can update quickly and on-the-spot.

I just tried to unblock some dates and set a new lower price for them in autumn. Before I could easily do this on the right side of my calendar. I could even manage the minimum stay! But now I have to write down all my dates (which are many, and change regularly), then go back into a separate window (which I still haven't managed to find) to update them there? Are you kidding me? I'm so frustrated that I gave up immediately and found this forum so I could convey my absolutely DISLIKE for this new platform. 

This new calendar will cause HUGE errors on my end because it's not user-friendly anymore. I know Airbnb wants hosts to try out the "smart pricing" feature but to be honest, it's not what I want as a host. I want full control of my property and my prices, and this new system does not reflect that level of autonomy. Moreover, I imagine new hosts will find the calendar to be confusing and finicky. This will be a massive nightmare for me, a host who changes her calendar frequently and without reference to an Airbnb smart pricing algorithm. 

The older format was excellent for managing short-term lets quickly and efficiently without errors, because all changes could be made in the same windows. Being forced to duplicate information will only cause errors. 

BRING BACK THE PREVIOUS CALENDAR!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!