Get guests you can trust— every time

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Get guests you can trust— every time

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a good day.

I wanted to let you know that we have updated the booking process to make sure you don’t have to host repeat guests if you don’t want to. Now, anytime you give a guest 3 stars or less, that guest will not be able to instantly book any of your spaces, even if you have Instant Book turned on.

Find out more in our Help Center.

What do you think about these changes? We’d love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

263 Replies 263
Luigi27
Level 8
Malaysia

I don't understand why it is not possible to implement the simple ''block'' feature as all websites have. Much easier and more safety effective for hosts. Puzzled here... 

I agree totally with Luigi, it is more direct and simpler to allow host to block undesired guests from IB again. 

Steve2743
Level 10
Calgary, Canada

Love it!

Steve

Totally love this. Thanks.
Sue277
Level 1
Benenden, United Kingdom

This is good news for those of us on Instant Book.  I've been trying to get information on how to block unwanted guests to no avail.  I've only been hosting a few months and just from looking at Community conversations a lot of people were struggling with this situation.  We get penalised if we cancel - it has to be the guest who cancels so clearly this facility was needed.

Sue - The Summer House, Kent, UK

Kasturi1
Level 4
Kolkata, India

That's great! When will this be implemented?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kasturi1,

Lovely to meet you. It is great to hear you like this new feature. 

It is already implemented. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Victoria256
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Yes, that is good news regards not being able to Instant Book. The 3 star system.

However may I enquire how Airbnb will treat hosts who do not accept a Booking?

I am still annoyed that I was rated down and sent an unpleasant email, from Airbnb, when I had to Unaccept a Request as I in Tenerife on that day!

(Mix up with airline & my blocked dates... but unacceptable email)

So , please,  cover  how will Airbnb rate a Host if they Unaccept a potential Traveller? 

Thank You

Maggie10
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

More info about guests would be a good start! Some guests write a thumb nail about themselves on their site, others say nothing, not even where they are from.....a basic introduction from guests would be helpful...

I 100% agree with Maggie!   I don't want to use instabooking due to wanting to know a bit about who I'm hosting.  If the site required a few sentences about the guest it would save so much communication time.  I don't want people that live in my town booking my home....they can throw The party in their own backyard!  I need to know who is traveling so I can make my home kid safe.  I love my vases and want them displayed....but not around a 3 year old.  

Mendo0
Level 3
Mendocino, CA

Why not just add a pull down or check box option during Guest Reviews:

~ Guest Eligible for Instant Book in Future

~Guest NOT Eligible for Instant Book in The Future

(This Information will not be shared with guest but will effect future bookings between Guest and Host)

Diana332
Level 2
Driffield, United Kingdom

That's great we had a couple of Spanish lads working in Grimsby approx 60 miles away who gave us a 3 because of the distance which was nothing to do with us, clearly if they came back we would not have allowed booking it takes 20 bookings to get back to 5 star. Changes are what are needed. 

@Diana332

Location does not count for things like Superhost.

David

Hey @Diana332 To clarify, location is indeed part of how us superhosts are 'graded.' 

Hi @Karen313, please check the supeehost criteria: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/833/what-s-the-superhost-section-of-my-dashboard?locale=en

It says in the text "primary ratings". In the French version it's clearer, it says, translated, ratings in category global. 

The othercategories do Not count. 

I run an Excel sheet with the stars,calculated the average of the categories for about 18 months to compare with the percentage shown in the dashboard of superhost progress. As I have the inverse situation, people rating categories 5 stars but global 4, I would profit from airbnb taking all categories into consideration. It's not the case, only global counts.