New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Marjo0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

**We now have a new introduction discussion, to view click here. We look forward to hearing from you. This topic is closed to new replies. Thank you **

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center. This thread is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb forum members, as well as welcoming and saying hi to newcomers in return, in order to make everyone feel like they belong.

I'm Marjo, and I lead the Community Center staff team who will manage this online forum on a daily basis. You will see me posting here sometimes, along with our other English community staff member @Lizzie, who has just joined as well and will be introducing herself in this thread too - Lizzie will be managing the English community full-time once we launch the forum.

Here's a few additional facts about me:

1. My favourite city is San Francisco. I spent hours and hours of time there on Google street view for years, until I actually got to visit the city in person recently. Such a friendly and colourful place!
  2. I have 2 cats which probably makes me a bit of a (crazy) cat lady.
  3. I'm originally from Helsinki, Finland.

How about you, any fun facts you want to share? 🙂

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you so feel free to reply to this thread and say hello!

-------------------------

New to the Community Center? Check Getting Started for guidelines and info.

1,250 Replies 1,250

@Richard152

everyone

I so appreciate your input. Its OK if you laugh at me. Its part of my charm.. people are alwys thinking I'm funny and sometimes I'm actually trying to be funny 🙂

Some things I agree with, others not.

I changed the bathroom shower curtain. You are right,its much brighter. No pics yet. Will do

I lightened my photos.

I removed the cutsie doggie pillow from the blue room  and need to update the pics. The pillow looked like a little girl had dragged it through the dirt anyway. But i disagree about the blue flower motive. A poll would be welcome 🙂

Photos of people having fun sound great. I'll have to work on  it because i don't want to use pictures of other people without permission. I coud have a zilllion pics of my son and duaghter laughing but it will have do be during holiday 🙂

Disagree

In my cabin's neighborhood there are some airbnb listings with so-so batrooms. The other folks all show shots of their loos and mine is better than 90% ; it could be a reason to chose my cabin. Maybe Americans are more picky about bathrooms than Brits?  I did reduce the numbe of pics however.

Question: What do you do when more people show up than actually paid?

Keep packing in in Bath!!!!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/20440492?preview_for_ml

Sue341
Level 2
Dover, ID

Hi my name is Sue. I am new to the forum. I am originally from Jackson, Michigan and now live in beautiful Dover, Idaho. I have a small Yorky mix puppy who gives me a lot of joy and is very friendly. I love to travel but always feel the love when I get back to my home. We enjoy wonderful clean air and beautiful views surround us wherever we go here. All we have to do is look up and see the beauty that is surrounding us all. Whenever we go somewhere else we come home and are grateful that we live among so much beauty. We are a friendly town and love to  meet new people. You will find that thee are a lot of artistic people who live here and a friendly atmosphere. I look forward to meeting new people who come to visit me in my home. I am an avid reader and try my hand at being artistic also, I love meeting new people and getting to know them. I can also give people their space to do what it is they want to do, I am open to suggestions from those who come to stay with me as to their own likes and dislikes, whether they want their space or want to get to know me and our town. I am easy to get along with. I look forward to many years of hosting guests in my home. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sue341,

Nice to meet you!

It's great to see that you've been exploring the Community Center and even created your own post. Did you know that we also have a thread called 'Meet the pets!' where your pets can be introduced? I think all the other members would love to see your puppy! 

I hope to hear from you soon 🙂 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Andrew530
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hello Airbnb community!

I'm Andrew and I have been a host since 2015, however I'm only active here recently due to a Host Guarantee case (looking for info relating to my case).

Anyway side track away from the negative element, I'm currently residing at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Great country with abundance of eatery varieties one can consume, plus the multi-racial cultures to explore too.

I'll defenitely be spending more time here to contribute in areas I can, perhaps also to update everyone if/when my case with airbnb solves (fingers crossed). Been reading many stories of how (unhelpful) airbnb is with damages claiming, but being a first timer myself I hope it all ends well.

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

What's life like there?

I will return to Asia in March, after 4 years in China. I'm in the UK now, settling some things in my Airbnb house.

Are there any jazz places there? I'm an English teacher and jazz singer. 

I guess they all speak pretty good English there, right?

I'm considering Malaysia, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand

Best wishes,

Richard

Hi Richard,

To be honest, I love it here. However in every situation it could be better, guess only time and education will propel it that way.

I'm not really into jazz, though I don't mind exploring it based on the fact that I do enjoy classical musics. I'm pretty sure there are some really nice place that offers what you like here. 

Yea in terms of language English is well used here, though there are room for improvements. Do drop by here for a few weeks, I believe you will enjoy yourself 🙂

A

@Andrew530

I am curious. With regard to your case, did you use instant book?

JEFF and karen

Hi,

Well I have the instant book option for my place, but the guest didn't book through that. 

What's the difference it will make regarding the outcome of the case?

Cheers

@Anonymous

I have no idea as to the effect on  the case. I am hopingf that AIR Bnb supports instant book liabilities at a higher level of service.

The fact that the case you're having trouble with was not instant book makes me feel better about instant book. At least it isn't an red flag against it. It doesn't help you one bit I'm afraid.

Karen and JEFF

Phyllis38
Level 2
Tallarook, Australia

Hi Everyone

I have been an airbnb host for over 2 years now, with a Self-contained house in country Victoria, Australia - an hour North of Melbourne.

I joined airbnb on the recommendation of a friend who was hosting a private room, and have enjoyed meeting and hosting a wide vsriety of people from Australia and overseas.

I enjoy reading the positive tips and lighter moments of hosting and look forward to contributing to various discussion threads from time to time.

Regards

Phyllis 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Phyllis38,

Nice to meet you!

It's great to hear that you've joined the Airbnb family on the recommendation of a friend. There are various boards that are worth having a look at!

I would love to see you around in the Community Center! 

-----

Raf3
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

Hi,

I'm a frequent guest looking to start hosting soon in SF. I'm also a CPA so if anyone has US tax questions feel free to reach out.

Happy hosting!

Eilish--Elizabeth-0
Level 2
Belfast, United Kingdom

Hi Marjo, I’m new also, I’m Elizabeth and I am renting out a room in Belfast. I just added another room to my listing but although it’s clear that it’s a 2nd bedroom from the photos and as it says two bedrooms the site is listing it as two beds in a room. I don’t have 2 beds in any of my rooms. 

Eilish--Elizabeth-0
Level 2
Belfast, United Kingdom

Hi I’m Elizabeth and recently started hosting in Belfast Northern Ireland. I have an old Edwardian House and rent out the two rooms on the top floor. My house is across from a park with two lakes and walking distance to the mountain 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Eilish--Elizabeth-0,

Nice to meet you! 

You have a beautiful home! I've been to Belfast once with a friend, and we really enjoyed it.

I just want to let you know that we have various boards which are worth checking out. Here is the link to an overview of our CC boards

-----