New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Marjo0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

**We now have a new introduction discussion, to view click here. We look forward to hearing from you. This topic is closed to new replies. Thank you **

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center. This thread is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb forum members, as well as welcoming and saying hi to newcomers in return, in order to make everyone feel like they belong.

I'm Marjo, and I lead the Community Center staff team who will manage this online forum on a daily basis. You will see me posting here sometimes, along with our other English community staff member @Lizzie, who has just joined as well and will be introducing herself in this thread too - Lizzie will be managing the English community full-time once we launch the forum.

Here's a few additional facts about me:

1. My favourite city is San Francisco. I spent hours and hours of time there on Google street view for years, until I actually got to visit the city in person recently. Such a friendly and colourful place!
  2. I have 2 cats which probably makes me a bit of a (crazy) cat lady.
  3. I'm originally from Helsinki, Finland.

How about you, any fun facts you want to share? 🙂

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you so feel free to reply to this thread and say hello!

-------------------------

New to the Community Center? Check Getting Started for guidelines and info.

1,250 Replies 1,250
Min-Kwan0
Level 1
Melbourne, FL

Hi i’m Min from Melbourne and with airbnb around one year. Recently I need leave Melbourne frequently. I wish to get someone to be co-hosts to help me handle daily tasks.

Hi Min,

I have just the right person for you.

My daughter Rachel has recently emigrated to Melbourne.

She's an Australian citizen, so no worries there.

She's working part time and looking for other opporunities.

She's very familiar with my Airbnb house.

Can you give me your contact number, and I'll ask her to call you.

My details below.

Regards,

Richard

[Email address hidden for safety reasons]

[Phone number hidden for safety reasons]

Fieldgate House

Really thanks to you recommendation. I have sent my contact phone number through email to you. Thanks 

Min

Mert4
Level 2
Dayton, VA

Hi, My name is Mert and I have been an airbnb host for just over a year.   There are several loves in my life in addition to my husband and include my two adult sons and daughter in law, my chocolate lab Latte, beautiful tiny villages off the beaten path especially if on a coast, good dark fresh coffee with cream, peasant/street food, natural beauty and good red wine!   Any place that combines all of those would be  heaven.  

I am delighted to have this forum for sharing and receiving information that can make the AirBnB experience even better for me and my guests!   

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Mert4,

Nice to meet you!

We have various boards that are worth visiting. My favourite coffee would be a latte with a hint of caramel! My partner and I like visiting local food markets from time to time to try out different kinds of food. It'd be great to hear from you in the Community Center, and perhaps you can even share some of your experiences with us :-).

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Josie28
Level 2
Chirk, United Kingdom

I've had two guests staying here so far, and I only went live on 20th November. I'm autistic (that is - not chatty!) but my guests seem to want to get on with their own lives, so not a problem. Chirk is an old coal mining village, with a medeival castle and a World Heritage site nearby - The Froncysylte Aquaduct, finished in 1805 by Thomas Telford. It takes the lovely Llangollen Canal over the Dee River Valley. So far, my guests have come here to work. I'm close to the Gobowen Orthapaedic Hospital, where people from all over the UK are treated for spinal injuries.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Josie28,

Welcome to the Community Center.

It's great to have you here with us! I just want to let you know that we have various boards where hosts can share their experiences. Here's an overview of the boards that are worth having a look at. 

It'd be great to see you around!

-----

Hey everyone, 

Am Winnie from Kenya -Nakuru County. 

I am very passionate about nature, l like exploring new things, very diverse in nature. 

I am a people's person, having worked in multicultural organization I have learnt to appreciate the diverse culture. I respect persons of all kind. I am a very social person, extroverted personality and this has made me be a very efficient Human Resource professional. 

I get along very well with everyone .

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Winnie20,

Welcome to the Community Center!

We have a variety of boards that you can participate in. It's very interesting to hear all the stories from hosts :-). 

My aunt and uncle moved Kenya a couple of months ago because of their work.

I hope to visit them very soon!

-----

Hello Quincy ,

Thank you for your warm reception. 

I am really happy to be part of the community. 

You are welcome to visit Kenya, it's a beautiful country. 

We love visitors, and we are very friendly. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for the lovely offer @Winnie20

I'll be sure to make a visit 🙂 

-----

Hey, 

Alex here. I'm new to the forum but looking foward to talking to new people 🙂

Cheers,

Alex

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Hwyl-Bento0,

You've come to the right place as there are a lot of interesting stories shared by fellow hosts :-). 

It's worth having a look at the discussion rooms!

-----

Marta372
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Hello! My husband and I are new to the air b and b community! Three fun facts:

1) We both love eating cookies late night

2) We both love Jazz, which is great because my husband is a Jazz musician

3) The love of our lives #2 is our toddler son who didn't sleep through the night until he was 2. So tired! lol

Looking forward to our discussions as we are excited to learn as much as we can as we navigate being new hosts.

Happy Holidays,

Marta & Ryan

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Marta372

Thank you so much for introducing yourself 🙂

Here are 3 fun facts about me!

1. You can wake me up in the night for a good fish n' chips!

2. As I do not play any instruments, I do enjoy playing sports such as tennis and football. 

3. I enjoy watching Netflix series in the evening (just finished Frontier).

I also want to let you know that we have various boards in the Community Center that you might find interesting. 

I hope you get some nights sleep! 

-----