New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Marjo0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

**We now have a new introduction discussion, to view click here. We look forward to hearing from you. This topic is closed to new replies. Thank you **

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center. This thread is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb forum members, as well as welcoming and saying hi to newcomers in return, in order to make everyone feel like they belong.

I'm Marjo, and I lead the Community Center staff team who will manage this online forum on a daily basis. You will see me posting here sometimes, along with our other English community staff member @Lizzie, who has just joined as well and will be introducing herself in this thread too - Lizzie will be managing the English community full-time once we launch the forum.

Here's a few additional facts about me:

1. My favourite city is San Francisco. I spent hours and hours of time there on Google street view for years, until I actually got to visit the city in person recently. Such a friendly and colourful place!
  2. I have 2 cats which probably makes me a bit of a (crazy) cat lady.
  3. I'm originally from Helsinki, Finland.

How about you, any fun facts you want to share? 🙂

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you so feel free to reply to this thread and say hello!

-------------------------

New to the Community Center? Check Getting Started for guidelines and info.

1,250 Replies 1,250
Winnie28
Level 1
Kemble, Canada

Hi Everyone, my name is Winnie ** and it is a pleasure to virtually meet everyone.

My husband and I have a beautiful property in southern Ontario, Canada that we use as AIRBNB.  We called this property A Piece of Heaven because that is what it is.  We started hosting in 2017 and so far we have been blessed with two wonderful guests. We are about 3 hours from Toronto in the countryside.

Looking forward to hosting more guests.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Winnie28,

Nice to meet you :-). 

That's a lovely name for your home! I'm glad to hear that everything is well. I recommend that you have a look at our discussion rooms for tips from other hosts. If you click here, you'll be redirected to an overview of all our discussion rooms. 

Good luck! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Ashley264
Level 3
Halifax, Canada

Hi everyone! I'm Ashley. I've been an Airbnb host for over two years. love meeting and hosting guests from all over the world. My favourite thing is sharing and promoting the outdoor activities and growing food and craft beer scene in Nova Scotia, Canada. I have my own property and am also a co-host. This started as a hobby, however, I get so excited about new guests that I've realized this passion could become a full-time income if I invest my energy in it. I'm looking forward to expanding to more units and finding new ways to share with visitors the best of this amazing province.

Demi4
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Hi All!

My name is Demi- currently living in Los Angeles! I just started Airbnb back up from a few years ago and a lot has changed! Excited to see all the new features. Anyway, just saying hi!

Moud1
Level 2
Tetouan, Morocco

Hey guys, 

My name is Moud, & me & my family we being hosting in Airbnb since 2015, we live in the beautiful city of Tetouan in Morroco (i wonder if i'm the only one from Morroco in the forum tho 🙂 ).We love Airbnb guests, and we really enjoye hosting.

Moud1
Level 2
Tetouan, Morocco

Hey guys, 

My name is Moud, & me & my family we being hosting in Airbnb since 2015, we live in the beautiful city of Tetouan in Morroco (i wonder if i'm the only one from Morroco in the forum tho 🙂 ).We love Airbnb guests, and we really enjoye hosting.

Cheers!

MadeAri0
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

hi , good morning 

My name is Arie , from BALI ,Indonesia , Iam new to Airbnb

Tomaz5
Level 3
Škofja Loka, Slovenia

Hey!

My name is Tomaz. I am hosting since december last year and so far it has been great! I am hoping to get a super host badge in the april assesments.

I just found out about this comunity forum, I didn't know it existed before haha.

Anyways I am looking forward to chat with all fellow hosts on this site! I am always interested for some airbnb/apartments swapings and if you need a place to stay in Ljubljana let me know :)!

Harriet36
Level 2
Christ Church, Barbados

Hello. I am Harriet. I am also new and would like any times you can give on improving my status. My site is Browne's Apartments in Barbados. Any advice at all will be appreciated. Also how do I view who has visited my business profile.

Thank you.

Sheila187
Level 3
Mt Pleasant, MI

Hello Everyone, 
My husband and I just signed onto AirBnB because we have a tiny house (200 sq ft) on ten wooded acres that has been empty since my daughter and her husband moved on to parenthood and a bigger house. We want to share our beautiful space with others and are looking forward to our guests. We have a nonprofit that provides education to children in Africa.  I am a storytelling consultant....i.e. help business people tell their story. I love my work as I can make a difference in a person's business. 

Some highlights of the last few years that tell a bit about us.

1. Pilgrimage to Scotland to visit ancient sites and churches and ended with with a visit to the Isle of Iona.
  2. Cruise from Paris to Normandy that was remarkable and taught us much of the history of France.
  3. We added three alpacas to our 20 acres and delight in their goofy, gentle ways.

I look forward to knowing others in the AirBnB community.

Hi, I am a new Airbnb host.  I live in Laguna Niguel, CA and have rental condo in the San Miguel District of Lima Peru.  I love traveling with AIrbnb on family trips.  I hope to get ideas on how to improve upon my rental.  Cheers!

Zack35
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

Hi everyone!

My name is Zack.  I live in Phoenix, AZ.

I just started down the path of my hosting adventure, and I have two guests booked for early in April. Looking forward to learning from all of you veteran "Hosters" on tips and "best practices" for hosting.

Cheers,

Zack

Thomas661
Level 2
Mercer Island, WA

I'm Tom from Mercer Island, WA.  I have rented a pet friendly, self-contained apartment in two different houses for a couple of years.  People seem to love it, and there are no hotels on MI.  Roomba has become my best friend ;).

Paul885
Level 2
Bellbowrie, Australia

Hi Folks, I'm Paul.   I recently starting hosting my house in Coolum Beach Queensland (on the Sunshine Coast!!!), and had a booking within the first 6 hours of listing.  Enjoying the experience so far and am keen to soak up as much knowledge from other hosts who have been there before!   Look forward to reading the posts and keeping in touch.

Cheers

Paul

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Paul885Welcome to the community............your place is beautiful. The photos are great. Are some of those stock photos? or are they all yours?? BUT - what's with the price???? Seriously, you are so far under your competition and I wouldn't believe it for 8 people $73. And you will get the towel thieves when you are dirt cheap...........I have a neighbor with a place much like yours and they are so cheap and she has had multiple groups taking everything not nailed down - all the supplies, all the towels, etc. Need i say more. I think cheap and respect somehow are not very connected in the minds of some guests. 

Plus, at this cheap price you will book up BUT, the folks charging more will also, just not as quickly BUT for much more $$$. just a thought!

You said you wanted knowledge and info from others - here's what i think - start at $73 - I'd start at 90 and then add  $8- 10 per person  per night after 2 people. Don't give it all away. You can set this up easily and it is very fair. This way you will make a fair income and it will not be so critical to be fully booked. When its dirt cheap you will need to book continually and the wear and tear does cost. Just my thoughts on it.

I wish you all the best in hosting. I too love it. Happy Hosting, Clara