New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Marjo0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

**We now have a new introduction discussion, to view click here. We look forward to hearing from you. This topic is closed to new replies. Thank you **

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center. This thread is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb forum members, as well as welcoming and saying hi to newcomers in return, in order to make everyone feel like they belong.

I'm Marjo, and I lead the Community Center staff team who will manage this online forum on a daily basis. You will see me posting here sometimes, along with our other English community staff member @Lizzie, who has just joined as well and will be introducing herself in this thread too - Lizzie will be managing the English community full-time once we launch the forum.

Here's a few additional facts about me:

1. My favourite city is San Francisco. I spent hours and hours of time there on Google street view for years, until I actually got to visit the city in person recently. Such a friendly and colourful place!
  2. I have 2 cats which probably makes me a bit of a (crazy) cat lady.
  3. I'm originally from Helsinki, Finland.

How about you, any fun facts you want to share? 🙂

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you so feel free to reply to this thread and say hello!

-------------------------

New to the Community Center? Check Getting Started for guidelines and info.

1,250 Replies 1,250
Kathy382
Level 2
Nanaimo, CA

what is the Level designation beside everyone's name ?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Kathy382,

Welcome to the Community Center! 

It's so nice to hear you're enjoying hosting guest! The member levels are forum "ranks" that highlight your status based on contributions on the Community Center. This is based on overall activity levels on the forum and quality of content (e.g. how helpful or useful the content is based on Thumbs Up, Most Helpful replies etc.,) which help move you upwards on the ranking levels and towards a more experienced member status. You can recognize from someone's level whether they are new to this forum, or if they are a more experienced forum member.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Fritz17
Level 2
Salt Lake City, UT

hi there airbnb warrior kin

My name is Fritz

I live in salt lake city

I'm just breaking even on airbnb booking instead of what id get for rent in the space

I do enjoy hosting, it's interesting to meet and accomodate and say bye bye to people.

I'm about 9 reviews in and hoping to up all my stats. Overall it's fun to have a nice space to let. Decorating is evolving, people are cute, no dogs ever again, toys in a toybox for kids, leave single serving snacks in the fridge and always improving the place. sofar so good. guess i shoulda started airbnbeing a lot earlier.

thanks for the forum. Starting to settle into a doin it all smarter

-f

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute everyone,  

I am Miloud from Morocco, Rabat. I am a new host at Airbnb. Hosting guests, from the same or different cultures is  interesting. I do i wich that they like my accomodation.  

Also, i like so much the meeting at community center which make me know and meet people and friends from over the world.  

Thanks, 

Miloud

Gina235
Level 2
Los Gatos, CA

My husband and I live above Silicon Valley in the Santa Cruz Mountains. We are new to hosting and are currently hosting our first official

Air B & B guests who are here for 13 nights from China! Currently using our guest house for air b & b but considering also renting out our extra bedrooms once we are true empty nesters, 3 kids gone one to go! 

Helen591
Level 2
Neuhäusgen, Luxembourg

Hi!

I'm Helen, originally from the UK but now long term resident in Luxembourg.  Working together with our wonderful caretaker Claudine, we offer our holiday chalet in the French Alps to Airbnb guests - when we're not using it ourselves that is!  Situated in the mountains we have 2 seasons a year - winter ski season  & summer hiking season.  As a family we love both!  It is extra work but the income covers the running costs of the chalet and enables us to do a small amount of improvements every year.  I love communicating with all the guests but am sorry that I get to meet so few of them in person.  Most of our guests are French but we do have some from further afield - Russia, Chile, US, Spain, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany and more.   We're always working on how to improve the chalet so love getting feedback from our guests.  Our biggest challenges are the linen and the cleaning.  We know many of our guests are very price sensitive and would prefer to bring their own linen and clean after themselves rather than have higher costs to pay and as things stand, Airbnb does not really offer great choice for these guests. 

We love travelling ourselves and often use Airbnb.  Next on our list is Lisbon!

Looking forward to reading everyone's great hosting tips!

Dawn228
Level 2
Piedmont, CA

Hi Superhosts.

My name is Dawn and I host guests in my lovely home in Oakland/Piedmont CA.

I too have an adorable cat, Magnificat, aka Mags.

Look forward to hearing your tips.

Jeshni0
Level 1
Burnaby, Canada

Hi Everyone,

My name isJesh and I just wanted to introduce myself and my cleaning company. We service all of the lower Mainland and would love to help any members of the Airbnb community in Vancouver bc in need of cleaning services of their rentals. One time cleans, regular cleans. We can do it all. We have our own supplies and reliable transportation. We have over 5 years of cleaning experience and take pride in our work!! We have references and photos to showcase what we have done. Try us out and you won’t be disappointed... just WOWED!!

contact us at jschores@yahoo.com or 236-333-9100.

Joanna241
Level 1
Shrub Oak, NY

Hello,

I'm from Westchester, NY.  I live in Yorktown.  My two girls went to Woodbury University in Burbank, CA and decided they want to stay there.  Of coarse, It's bitter sweet for my family, however, our son is still in college and commuting so we are not ready to downsize nor move.  This is why I'm doing AirBNB.  I need all the help I can get with paying for three colleges, home, etc. etc.

We stayed in an AirBNB in LA, CA and loved the whole concept of it.  My children use it when they travel as well.  During the school calendar year I have an International student that I hoste so I am only doing AirBNB during the summer for now but I am considering turning my study into a bedroom and having it available throughout the year if AirBNB really picks up for me?  Northern Westchester is a prime area close to everything!!! There are no Hotels in my area either and we have a beautiful backyard, patio and inground pool which is in our favor.

So far, I have really enjoyed the guests we have had and we really like getting to know new people. Our home at one point was full of life and now it can be a little gloomy so we really welcome guests. Any pointers on how we can connect with travels from all over the world so I can access more guests would be greatly appreciated.

Have a wonderful weekend all!

Joanna

Jackie269
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi

My Name is Jacqueline - I have been hosting for over a year now - hard work but very worth it...I was going to sell my flat when I married a year ago but have found airbnb it instead of selling it has so far been a very worthwhle thing to do

Michal33
Level 2
Jerusalem, Israel

shalom 

i am new here

i am host from 2018

in jerusalem

i am artist

and will have good will to be here

michal talamir

Tammie9
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. My name isTammie and I moved from a wonderful community to the far suburbs but couldn’t bring myself to give up my apartment. So here I am.  

Hello I am The New Person! New to Airbnb and the Community! I am looking forward to this opportunity to Host! 

I am Retired! But seem to still stay busy! I was in the Finance industry for 33 years!

My hometown is The Historic City and very popular Tourist Attraction,  Savannah, GA! USA! This is also the city where I host!

I have 3 Adult Children! I have 4 grandbabies! I love to Cook! And I do a lot of Research! Mostly via Google surfing! I love the Lord!

Planning to start writing a book soon! While I also try to stay healthy!

Very much looking forward to this new venture of Hosting in the fair city of Savannah, GA!

Feel free to visit anytime!

Carol

Linda1072
Level 1
Mansfield, CT

HI 

I am a new member of air bnb.  I am hosting for the first time next week. Excited to learn more from those who are comfortable now with the process. My home for hosting is in Lubec, Maine. 

Linda Sanchini

Sheila228
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi, I'm Sheila.

I live in a gorgeous but underrated part of Scotland and rent out my loft room. I've been hosting for 1 month and 1 week and it's been a crazy experience. I'm really enjoying it but am full of doubts about whether I should be doing this or that differently! I spend a huge amount of time looking things up and reading posts on forums but hopefully that will get less as I become more experienced. I've met some truly lovely people in the past few weeks and hope to meet more.

I also enjoy travelling, and my son and I are about to stay in our 3rd Airbnb establishment. The first one in Vienna was not a great experience (standing out in the street at 11.30pm with my son as the host wasn't there, even though she knew what time we were due, then being asked for cash when her friend finally arrived), but the second one in Brno was great. It's off to sunny (hopefully) Gateshead next week.

Hope to speak to some of you and share experiences soon.

Cheers 🙂