Officially introducing the members of Airbnb’s Host Advisory Board

Airbnb
Official Account

Officially introducing the members of Airbnb’s Host Advisory Board

*Posted live: December 16th

belo.png

Today, we’re excited to share a video officially introducing the members of Airbnb’s Host Advisory Board.

As we recently announced, Airbnb is launching a formal program to give hosts a seat at the table. The Host Advisory Board is a group of selected hosts that will not only keep the community informed, but share your feedback directly with Airbnb leadership.  The board will also help inform how  the Airbnb Host Endowment is invested in the community, and influence policies, programs, and new products.

These 17 selected hosts were chosen for their passion, their contributions to the hosting community, and their desire to create a better future for all hosts—among other criteria. Together, they’ve hosted more than 15,000 guests with a combined total of 86 years of hosting experience and an average star rating of 4.9!

*To add or change subtitles to the video, hover over the video and click on the little 'Settings' wheel in the bottom right corner. Then click 'Subtitle/CC' and select your language. 

Watch the video above to meet the community members serving on the board and learn about their individual passions and experience. To find out more about how the board will work together to advocate for the community, check out the latest Host Update article featuring our Head of Hosting, Catherine Powell.

Do keep your eyes peeled here in the Community Center as we will be introducing the board members in the new year. There will be regular opportunities for our new board members to respond to your questions and address important topics.

166 Replies 166

That’s nice we are finally represented. After COVID 19 reimbursement that AirBnB favored ONLY GUESTS. It was a hard pill to swallow for most hosts plus when we have difficult or abusive guests, we, “hosts” feel totally alone without any protection.

AirBnB shouldn’t protect guests who rate us for something that is not about the property we offer, like the town, holes on the streets, no finding taxis, away from

beach, etc. even if we clarify in the add...

There  is a huge glitch in the platform with percentage of Response Rate, right now, AirBnB said to be patience and wait, but still is not working! !! I suppose to be 100% but some places now shows 100% and another 81%. It suppose to be 100%!!! 
please help!

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Thank you. 👏🏼💐

Yvonne658
Level 2
Corpus Christi, TX

Our city is shutting down all  single-family short term residential rentals and not allowing any in our city of Corpus Christi, Texas. Residents are afraid of "wild parties" and are trying to implement a long list of rules and regulations for the multi unites (condos, duplexes, townhouses, etc...) and trying to limit the multi units as well. Corpus Christi, Tx. is a beach community that sits on the Gulf Coast. Family's that visit from other states like staying in homes and not having to rent a hotel. When Covid hit our city was inundated with "out of towners" and lifted our economy...however that doesn't seem to mean much to our council members who are moving forward with this recommendation from what I believe to be a certain group of residents. Anyway just a short rant. Just would like to see our city as more progressive.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Yvonne658,

Thank you for bringing that to our attention!

Community policies will definitely be on the agenda for the Host Advisory Board meetings. Members will work together on influencing local regulations to help hosts succeed, and any work or priorities focusing on local policies will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

Let's hope 2021 brings new host-friendly rules to your area.

Best,

Liv

If you own your own home it its entirety its called a fee simple.  You can do as you like.

Michael288
Level 2
Austin, TX

It's great to see greater host representation at Airbnb. As a long-time Superhost I continue to struggle with the decline in customer support that hosts have experienced since the Covid-19 pandemic.

Once one of Airbnb's strongest assets, its support has deteriorated leaving hosts stranded and waiting for weeks, or even months, to hear from support even when the matter is urgent.

Please focus on improving host support in 2021. It's critical.

Completely agree.

Happy to have some representation and,,

yes,,,

happy if a chance of restoring that awesome customer support opens up) 

Jeremy-And-Rachel0
Level 2
Penzance, United Kingdom

I really hope this is a way that any host can get their voice heard at corporate level.  I am great full to Airbnb for stopping me going bankrupt at a result of the banking crisis caused by..... (the corporate world).   I wish the founders all the best but I am worried that we, the hosts, that generate the income for the corporate man (it is invariably a man) milking it at the top, will ultimately suffer.  

Helen552
Level 1
Botsford Portage, Canada

I sure hope that we may be able to communicate with advisory board   cause it was impossible to communicate with AIRBNB this summer.  I think that not answering phone inquiries from hosts and clients trying to book is UNACCEPTABLE...not a very good way to do business

Helen552
Level 1
Botsford Portage, Canada

sorry my post is there but their system did not work the first time ...when I hit reply the screen froze...I had to click out and when i came back to this page I did not see my post so typed it again.   That is another big problem I have...their site does not always function properly in my part of the world

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Helen552, sorry to hear you've had issues with the Community Centre. I've just removed the duplicate post for you so not to worry - do let me know if you have further problems though and I can try and help you get to the bottom of them 😊

Angela980
Level 2
Salem, OR

How do you help me get paid on all the damage claims I have in with Airbnb? They are sitting on my dashboard and no one at Airbnb will pay me for the damages out of my damage deposits that the guests pay. I have sent a copious amount of documentation on the damage, the receipts, and the dates of purchase and I have been paid nothing on 4 claims and I have had to pay for all the repairs myself!!! Where is the help and what is the security deposit for if I cannot collect on the damage the guests do to my property. I hate Airbnb for not care for me or my properties and letting guests destroy my business. Can you help me get paid on my claims? Please I need help. Angela

**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

** Please help me! Angela 

**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Angela980 

I'm sorry to see you are experiencing this issue. Upon reading your post I sent the relevant information to the appropriate department and I will update you via DM as soon as I have any news on your case.

Thank you. 

Brian462
Level 2
Wetherby, United Kingdom

Good to hear about the new Board. Interesting that out of 17 Board members there are three from California - that’s about 15%. Seems a bit high for a global enterprise?