Officially introducing the members of Airbnb’s Host Advisory Board

Airbnb
Official Account

Officially introducing the members of Airbnb’s Host Advisory Board

*Posted live: December 16th

belo.png

Today, we’re excited to share a video officially introducing the members of Airbnb’s Host Advisory Board.

As we recently announced, Airbnb is launching a formal program to give hosts a seat at the table. The Host Advisory Board is a group of selected hosts that will not only keep the community informed, but share your feedback directly with Airbnb leadership.  The board will also help inform how  the Airbnb Host Endowment is invested in the community, and influence policies, programs, and new products.

These 17 selected hosts were chosen for their passion, their contributions to the hosting community, and their desire to create a better future for all hosts—among other criteria. Together, they’ve hosted more than 15,000 guests with a combined total of 86 years of hosting experience and an average star rating of 4.9!

*To add or change subtitles to the video, hover over the video and click on the little 'Settings' wheel in the bottom right corner. Then click 'Subtitle/CC' and select your language. 

Watch the video above to meet the community members serving on the board and learn about their individual passions and experience. To find out more about how the board will work together to advocate for the community, check out the latest Host Update article featuring our Head of Hosting, Catherine Powell.

Do keep your eyes peeled here in the Community Center as we will be introducing the board members in the new year. There will be regular opportunities for our new board members to respond to your questions and address important topics.

166 Replies 166
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Airbnb  This is nice!  I look forward to hearing from the hosts after they've had their first meeting in January.  I'm interested in learning best practices about reaching out to other hosts in a community.  It's difficult to use the "Contact Host" function because of the necessity of putting in dates and sending a booking inquiry.  If that's the only way, I'm willing to do it, but if any hosts on the Advisory Board have come up with better ways of approaching other hosts, I'd love to hear from them.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ann72 🙂

Great to see your lovely comment about the board members. 

In terms of speaking with the Advisory Board members, we will be doing a proper introduction to the here in the Community Center in January, which will mean you won't have to contact them via their Airbnb profile (as you say that can get complicated with the booking nature of that feature). You will also be able to spot them in the Community Center as you will see 'Host Advisory Board Member' under their CC username on their posts and also in their CC profile. So via the Community Center will be a great way to interact with the board. 

I'll keep you posted in January about this and how you can share you ideas with them. 

Thank you,

Lizzie 

(P.S - so lovely to see you in the meetup earlier). 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks @Lizzie - it was great to see you too this morning!

I look forward to hearing from the hosts on the advisory board and to interacting with them to get new ideas for working with other hosts on the ground in my local community.  This looks like it will be fun!

Many thanks Lizzie,

@Catherine-Powell 

@Lizzie 

Hi, good afternoon I am Alexandra super host in Trieste, Italy, and a certified Expert Community. It is a pleasure to have the possibility to have a direct contact with the members of Airbnb’s Host Advisory Board.

Every day we are facing matters raising "behind the curtains" as we - experts on the front line hearing voices at customer service - can see the double aspect about questions from hosts but also guests. I'll be very happy to join and follow meetings to share informations and expectations by the host's side but also the guests' side.

This year has been like a "war" due to the Pandemia where cancelations happened every day, as well as postponements and refunds.

There are many things to share, to pay attention, having a keen eye to the expectations of our guests. Making our best, we can override the Pandemia, opening our home, and welcoming the rest of the world, in a great brilliant future.

Be always the best,

I am proud to be part of this Community!

Enjoy Holidays !

Alexandra 

When will you be sharing how we communicate with the new Host Board?

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Mark37, thanks for your question. The Board members will be participating in the Community Center regularly, and we'll also be sharing some more info on how you can put ideas to them soon 😊 

Hi Lizzie

Please could you give me some help regarding starting an Airbnb in Esher (London).

Sorry I am new to this and would like some advice before I spend alot of money doing my property up for Airbnb

My email address is **

Would very much appreciate it if you could get in touch

Regards 

Ruth Davies

**[E-mail address hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Ruth959, welcome to the Community Center, and great to hear you're thinking about becoming a host. 

Just a heads up that I have removed your email address - we don't allow the sharing of personal details here on the CC for your own safety, but you can always contact people here by using their @ tag. 

We have lots of info for new and potential hosts here in the Community - a good place to start is our Tips & Tutorials board, where you can find lots of great advice from fellow hosts. 

You can also start a topic of your own, and ask other hosts for their top advice.

It's also a great idea to have a general read of the Community to look out for the tips that hosts share here every day. I hope this helps, and please do reach out to us if you have questions about how things work here 😊

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ruth959  I hope you’re well.

Tried to drop you a direct message to see if I can give you hand with any advice, but the function doesn’t look like it’s enabled on your profile.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Paul1255 @Ruth959 I've just enabled DM access for you Ruth 😊

This isn't automatically enabled for guest profiles that are new to the Community, as we have found that it tends to encourage a lot of spam, but happy to add it for you in this instance so that you can connect. 

Thanks Katie

Much appreciated, all new to me and not the best with technology.

Hopefully I will learn lol

regards

Ruth

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Just sent you a direct message to your inbox @Ruth959  🙂 

Hi Paul

Thanks for getting in touch. 

In process of setting up AIRBNB  in an apartment I have below my main house.  Renting is definitely more profitable but it comes with problems also and would like a change.

I live in Esher and was trying to get some positive feedback that all is good in AIRBNB and also do you think we could be busy, there is not many airbnb in this area and when I look at their calendars they are not booked up much, I do realise the virus has a lot to do with this.

Regards

Ruth

Keshav7
Host Advisory Board Member
New Delhi, India

So happy to see Pooja from India in the list! Truly a global advisory board! All the best & thankyou for thinking of us hosts always 🙂

Passionate about life!