Recommending local activities to guests? Try our new Share Recommendations tool.

Airbnb
Official Account

Recommending local activities to guests? Try our new Share Recommendations tool.

Screenshot 2021-12-10 at 06.27.12.png

Airbnb just launched Share Recommendations, a new tool that helps Hosts quickly recommend local activities and Airbnb Experiences to guests. 

Sharing local recommendations can be a valuable use of your time as Hosts—according to internal Airbnb data from July 2021, Hosts who recommend personalized activities to their guests show an increase in 5-star reviews. This tool helps streamline that process. 

If you want to send recommendations to a guest, all you have to do is: 

1. Select the plus-sign icon in your messaging thread
  2. Select “Share recommendations”
  3. Select your guidebook and/or a mix of nearby Experiences

You can learn more about this new tool in the Resource Center. Have you tried it out? What Experiences and activities do you recommend to your guests?

3 Replies 3
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Airbnb 

Thank you for this, but when I follow the instructions above, only one of my guidebooks show and not the one I want to send to the guest. I want to send them my main local area guide but it only allows me to send a smaller, more niche guide I am still working on.

I like this feature! Can we get this ability added to the Quick Replies and Scheduled Messages? I know you can add the guidebooks shortcode, but that includes just the (rather ugly looking) URL. It'd be great if we could get it to display like it does when you do the "Share Recommendations".

Michael5243
Level 2
Nottingham, United Kingdom

This is a fantastic tool, especially the ability to share Airbnb Experiences.  When guests stay at my listing they book LOTS of experiences (e.g. Private Chefs who visit my listing and cook a bespoke 3 course meal, Beauty Pamper Parties, Afternoon Tea etc).  I encouraged all my suppliers to register with Airbnb as an Airbnb Experience so that I could easily share their details and make it easier for guests to not only book their accommodation via Airbnb, but also book the additional experiences.  Sadly ALL my supplier experiences were declined, despite these being the type of experiences my Airbnb guests book and enjoy on a weekly basis.  The experiences my guests are booking are not deemed experiences by Airbnb, therefore my guests are having to book their preferred activities outside the Airbnb platform.  Such a shame.  Surely the Airbnb guest is the best judge in terms of what experiences they want to enjoy?  The Airbnb Experience Division should listen to the wants and needs of their customers a little more.  Not everyone wants to undertake an activity experience, sometimes the experience guests want is relaxation, and having people cater for them, be it a Private Chef or a Beauty Therapist.  Health Spas and Restaurants are highly popular in the hospitality sector for this exact reason.   

@Airbnb