I hope those of you who were able to catch Brian’s preview of our Global Host Campaign enjoyed the films we premiered. I am proud of this campaign for many reasons, but mostly because it’s about you, and the magic that you create each and every day. 

For those of you who missed it, Brian gave our Host community an exclusive look at the first three films of our Made Possible by Hosts campaign. These films remind me of what makes travel on Airbnb so unique: Hosts like you who always go the extra mile to create such memorable experiences for your guests. He also talked about how broad the reach of this campaign would be, which is one of many ways we’re investing to help drive more demand to your listings as travel returns. 

To help you prepare for when things open back up, Brian also shared some of the top travel trends and insights we’re seeing for 2021. Our recent survey shows a shift from mass travel to meaningful travel - 41% of people surveyed said they miss the type of travel that allows for time and reconnection with their closest family and friends. There’s also a greater desire to stay closer to home - 56% of people said they want to travel nearby and prefer a domestic or local destination. 

These trends can help us be prepared. We’re sharing them with you so you can get ready for the evolving needs of your guests. And we’re using them throughout the company to inform the tools and guidance we’ll be offering you throughout the year. You can read more insights from our U.S. consumer survey here. There will be more surveys conducted in other countries coming, and I look forward to sharing our findings from that research soon. 

We did hear from some of you who were unable to connect to Thursday’s live event and we want to apologize for the experience that you had. We hope you’ll watch the replay. And stay tuned for even more films in the weeks ahead, featuring a range of Hosts, listings and travelers from our community around the world, including accommodation and Experience Hosts, too.  

Working with Hosts to make these films has been such a joy. We couldn't make one with everyone, but I'm certain every single Host has an inspiring story to share. So tell me: what would a spot about your hospitality reveal? And what song would you pick for the soundtrack?

25 Replies

Betreff: Showing Eager Travelers What’s Made Possible by Hosts

Administrator in
Malibu, CA
Administrator

hi @Till-and-Jutta0 thank you for sharing that story. I love the idea of your guests hosting you to breakfast!

Viele gruesse, Catherine

Re: Showing Eager Travelers What’s Made Possible by Hosts

in
Charlotte, NC
Level 2

This makes me want to create my own video! Will it ever be possible for hosts to post videos?

in
Titusville, FL
Level 4

Hello @Catherine-Powell and all Airbnb hosts,

After watching Brian's video and heard about the new campaign for hosts, I decided to post this video, shot and cut by one of our guests, Arthur. This was before the pandemic was declared. There was also a SpaceX launch. Arthur was on a journey from Miami to Washington D.C. to share food with the very needy. We were both interviewed. Background music is my own writing. My wife and I always dedicated to create a special connection with our guests, whether music (enjoy playing piano for guests, sharing a meal, exploring or just exchanging some experiences lived around the world. https://assets.adobe.com/public/d0b9dbc3-7f74-4043-7ab1-55ec7c8d1efd

in
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level 9

Enjoyed the videos and look forward to the campaign rolling out. We all are in desperate need to come out of lockdowns.We haven't had a guest on airbnb since March 2020.

The videos inspired me and perhaps others and would love to have your comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TcygUzv3DU&feature=youtu.be

Hosting for 9 years Superhost for most of that time and have grown each year.

in
Espoo, Finland
Level 5

A good campaign for the US market. Concerning Intercultural Communication it is not very well representing the global importance of Airbnb hosting world wide.

Yes it plays with emotions but only those in the western world. I would have hoped to see more variety.

Also missing the importance of the hosts and not only showing guests.

Airbnb you can do better than this.

in
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Level 1

Thanks for all the efforts you give with this campaign. There is still something missing: I am a host for many years, just having a guestroom in the house where we live. So we deliver a real dutch experience, but your video's are (it seems) all about guests that rent a house. In Amsterdam that is forbidden, because of there are just not enough houses for people to live. Airbnb started as an experience as: just stay with local people. That is what we do, just because they stay with us. It seems that you are leaving that specific character that Airbnb started with....

We didn't have more than 4 nights since the lockdown in march 2020....

with a warm heart, Kees and Karin

in
NY, NY
Level 10

@KeesandKarin0  The idea is to attract more vacation-home hosts.  They were popular during the pandemic.  By looking for more hosts like that, Airbnb isn't saying they no longer want home-share hosts.  It's just a specific campaign to identify more hosts with houses that people can get away and relax in while also maintaining distance from others.  Once vaccination is widespread, travelers will want to go back to staying with hosts in their homes again.

in
Toronto, Canada
Level 1

Thank you Airbnb for this Global campaign and Brian for your message of HOPE. As a super-host in Cuba I just want to remind you that the situation of the islands is different, people can't travel close or near-bye without taking a boat or a plane to come to Cuba for example. Despite the travel restrictions and political situation we have received some travellers and the stories here must be heard. I have really funny videos about how Cubans improvised to welcome our guests and the experiences that they had here  in quarantine inside home for 5 days and how we cook lunchs, dinners and breakfasts to deliver to them during that period of time since restaurants were closed. My name is @Yeneir I'm living in Havana-Cuba, you can find us at @vera.rentals on instagram or in our link on airbnb.  It would be amazing if we can share our experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic year with the world! Please @Catherine-Powell Let me know how we can send you our videos and pictures for you to share! Thank you for the opportunity to be part of the Airbnb community. Yeneir 

in
South MacLean, Australia
Level 3

What a fantastic campaign, I love it 

Make me even more proud to be a host of so many amazing and different properties.

This takes me back to my early days of hosting over 6 years ago and thousands of guests later that have passed through my doors and so many return and have become friends

My passion is pet friendly and this one makes me cry every time as have a great holiday experience with your pets is so important as to me they are family

Made Possible By Hosts is just perfect

Happy hosting everyone lets get back to the roots of why we host

in
Santa Cruz, CA
Level 1

I would love to be part of the campaign "Made possible by Hosts! My guests send multiple amazing photos of their time spent at my Brazilian beach house, that  I could create a beautfull video. Can You please tell me what we need to be part of the campaign? Would Airbnb create the video if I sens the photos? Or, can I create a video and share it with Airbnb? 

Would be great if we, super host at Airbnb, could also be part of this! Please let me know if its possible and How to participate? @Catherine-Powell 

in
Sayulita, Mexico
Level 10

@Catherine-Powell  You're " proud" of this campaign? Videos that show guests having no respect for host's properties? 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Nothing-says-quot-We-love-our-hosts-quot-like-videos-of-...

Comment