Thanks to the generosity of Hosts, Airbnb.org surpassed its commitment to temporarily house 20,000 Afghan refugees

Susan208
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Denver, CO

Thanks to the generosity of Hosts, Airbnb.org surpassed its commitment to temporarily house 20,000 Afghan refugees

Susan208_1-1645602868808.png

Together, we did it! I’m absolutely thrilled to share the news that, with the support of Hosts around the globe, Airbnb.org has helped provide transitional housing for 20,000 Afghan refugees—just 6 months after committing to doing so.

Thanks to all the Hosts who offered their spaces for free or at a discounted rate, Airbnb.org was also able to house almost 1,300 more displaced people from Afghanistan. That’s a lot of families with safe, welcoming places to stay as they transition into the next chapter of their lives.

My family and I were able to host a family of 8 in our Denver home this winter—and I felt proud and honored to join so many kind-hearted Hosts in supporting this important effort. This includes those of you who gave money or supported the cause in other ways.

I realize not everyone can donate their space, but each of us can choose to express warmth and goodwill toward others. That’s what great hospitality is about!

It’s not too late to pitch in. You can read about what’s next in this newsroom post, and you can head over to Airbnb.org to get involved.

Susan Bailey is an Airbnb.org Host who has shared her home with refugees. She is also a member of the 2021 Airbnb Host Advisory Board.

16 Replies 16
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Dmytro35

The best way to get help via the Airbnb platform in light of this crisis is to go via Airbnb.org. If you or your family is in need of emergency housing support, please head to this page to get more help.

I hope you and your loved ones are staying safe!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you Emilie! Now even words help!