[Update] Hear answers to top-voted questions about our recent announcements

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Update] Hear answers to top-voted questions about our recent announcements

Q&A.jpg

Hello everyone,

On February 27th, we held our second global host Q&A, where CEO and Head of Community Brian Chesky answered questions about the next Airbnb, inspired by you.

Our global host Q&A events are part of Brian’s 2017 pledge to elevate the voice of the host community. We’ll hold these events throughout the year, rotating the livestream start time to accommodate different time zones.

This latest global host Q&A event was dedicated specifically to your questions about our recent announcements and what’s next for hosts on Airbnb. Brian answered a selection of questions that received the most votes from the host community.

Watch the replay to hear the questions and Brian’s answers (registration required). The livestream was held in English. To turn on translated subtitles, click the “CC” (Closed Captioning) button underneath the video screen when viewing.

Thanks so much to everyone who participated in the Q&A. Creating an open dialogue with you, our host community, is part of our company mission and helps us to keep doing better. We appreciate your hard work, dedication, and feedback.

Lizzie

**[This text was updated on Feb 27th–the live event has now finished]

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

91 Replies 91
Karen802
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Is it the 26th or the 27th?

Information says 27th, so Tuesday US ET.

Hosting since Thanksgiving Day 2012 and over 1,000 stays. May you ever be the benevolent ruler of your own domain--YOUR life. Allow no other to rule over it.

What I'm seeing says 27th, so Tuesday US ET.

Hosting since Thanksgiving Day 2012 and over 1,000 stays. May you ever be the benevolent ruler of your own domain--YOUR life. Allow no other to rule over it.

27th

Ramez0
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

It does not work

Lori171
Level 2
Kailua Kona, HI

It must be that this live stream starts tomorrow, Tuesday the 27th as is advertised in print. What is confusing is that we are getting emails telling us that it's about to start, making it sound like it's going to begin in a matter of minutes. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Can't hear anything

Gina180
Level 3
New York, NY

Airnbnb wasted a good fifteen minutes of my time today too by sending the confusing emails.  Makes ya wonder. 

I believe the lasting legacy of the Airbnb will be It’s amazing ability to bring together people from all nationalities and cultures in very authentic ways.  What political actions is Airbnb undertaking to assure that shortsighted governments initiatives are not interfering with this important process?

Amy148
Level 2
New York, NY

Hello cannot register 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Doug--Mackenzie--Chloe0@Gina180@Jenny310@Lori171@Ramez0@Karen802@Scott333@Karen442@Joao75@Dan329@Karolina2@Sarah1103@Sandra11,

Thank you for your comments here, I am sorry for the confusion around this. 

I can confirm that the live Q&A with Brian is due to take place on February 27th at 10am PST (San Francisco time). So the good news is you haven't missed it. 🙂

The time period to submit and up-vote questions for the Q&A has now closed, however we have had lots of great questions so I am sure it will be a great session. 

As mentioned in my top post here, you will be able to watch the live event from our Q&A board. If you take a look at this page before the start of the event, you will see that there is a square blue box (which will show the livestream). 

Hopefully this has helped to make things a bit clearer. If you have any other question about this, please do let me know and I will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Megan202
Level 2
Auckland, NZ

Timing, Hello !  I am in New Zealand and have no idea what UTC is.  I have only just received this message on 27th about 3.30pm

I would like to have the opportunity to do a review on a host after the 2 weeks.  I have been travelling and couldn't get a connection to give a review to a very unpleasant host.

Megan ****

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Megan202,

Great to meet you and welcome to the Community Center.

Aw all these different timezone does make it a little tricky.

In terms of the Q&A start time this is Feb 27th 10am PST (San Francisco time), which is Feb 28th, 7am (Auckland, New Zealand time).

In the future, you might want to take a look at website, I personally use it quite often when I want to find out different timezones. 🙂

I know this is a little early for you, but I still hope you will be able to join us. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Lizzie 

--------------------

Isabella85
Level 2
Athens, Greece

Hello , I received an email today signed by Brian Chesky, to joint the live stream on 27Feb, I have a question/suggestion  to make but I don’t know where to ask it. 

Thanks, 

Isabella

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Isabella85,

Lovely to meet you. 

It is great to hear you would like join the Q&A with Brian later today. 

I am afraid the time for submitting questions for this event closed on Sunday Feb 25th. However, as I mention in my post above, we have had a good number submitted and voted for by the community, so I am sure you will be interested to hear what Brian responds to. 

I hope you enjoy the Q&A and I look forward to hearing your thought. 🙂

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------