[Update] Hear answers to top-voted questions about our recent announcements

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Update] Hear answers to top-voted questions about our recent announcements

Q&A.jpg

Hello everyone,

On February 27th, we held our second global host Q&A, where CEO and Head of Community Brian Chesky answered questions about the next Airbnb, inspired by you.

Our global host Q&A events are part of Brian’s 2017 pledge to elevate the voice of the host community. We’ll hold these events throughout the year, rotating the livestream start time to accommodate different time zones.

This latest global host Q&A event was dedicated specifically to your questions about our recent announcements and what’s next for hosts on Airbnb. Brian answered a selection of questions that received the most votes from the host community.

Watch the replay to hear the questions and Brian’s answers (registration required). The livestream was held in English. To turn on translated subtitles, click the “CC” (Closed Captioning) button underneath the video screen when viewing.

Thanks so much to everyone who participated in the Q&A. Creating an open dialogue with you, our host community, is part of our company mission and helps us to keep doing better. We appreciate your hard work, dedication, and feedback.

Lizzie

**[This text was updated on Feb 27th–the live event has now finished]

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

91 Replies 91
Sue266
Level 2
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom

Are we too late to ask questions?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sue266,

Welcome to the Community Center. 

I am not sure if you have seen my response above, but to confirm I am afraid the time for submitting questions for this event closed on Sunday Feb 25th. There has been a great number of questions ask edand up-voted by the community so I really hope you will find these informative. 🙂

The live Q&A with Brian is due to start on Feb 27th at 10am PST (San Francisco time), which is Feb 27th at 6pm (UK time). 

I hope you are able to join us and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Vera156
Level 2
Cambridge, United Kingdom

I can't seem to log in . 

Maxine0
Level 10
Brighton, United Kingdom

@LizzieI have been trying to join the liv Q&A for over 30 minutes now. I have registered twice and each time end up on a page telling me the chat starts at 10 am PST - but when click on join conversation it shows video as 'offline' what's happening ...........?

Maxine0
Level 10
Brighton, United Kingdom

Just read the other comments @Lizzie - nowhere in the emails recieved did it state 27th Feb 10am was USA / San Fran timeline !!!!!!!! how fully inclusive of Brian. So took time out today to listen in and pose questions only to now discover questions closed yesterday !! and I assume we now have no access to the Q&A - what on earth is going on with the communications team. Annoyed. Video link is also off line .... sigh ....

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Maxine0,

Nice to hear from you, I hope you are good.

I am so sorry for your confusion with the start time of the live Q&A, I can understand this must be very frustrating.

The different timezones is something that we have put a lot of thought into, as we would like as many of our community to be able to watch the Q&A live, this is obviously quite tricky, but by the sounds of it this just didn't come across in the email you received. You will see that on the Q&A board and in my original post here in this thread, that the timezone is included.

Thank you for sharing this with me here, it is really helpful feedback and I will be sure to pass this back to the team.

The good news is that you haven't missed the event today. To confirm, it will be taking place, Feb 27th at 10am PST (San Francisco time), which is Feb 27th at 6pm (UK time). 

I really hope that you will have time to tune in to watch it later, I would really like to hear your thoughts. 

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Maxine0
Level 10
Brighton, United Kingdom

Thanks @Lizzie - well at least I didn't miss it entirely. I'll try to tune in at 6pm for 45 mins. I missed the time zone bit as just saw the big panel feb 27, 10am PST and put it in diary. Hey ho.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw thanks for the update @Maxine0. I am pleased to hear everything is OK and I am really pleased you can attend most of the Q&A later. 🙂

On a side note, I hope the weather down in Brighton isn't too bad, we keep of getting flurries of snow here, I'm not sure if it will settle though. Stay warm. 

Look forward to speaking with you later.

Lizzie

--------------------

Vuong3
Level 1
Hội An, Vietnam

Hi guys, I coulnd watch or join into the conversation. Could you kindly to help me please? thanks, 

Marjorie22
Level 2
Raleigh, NC

Has it started? Can’t see anything.

Just saw it begins 1 pm EST

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Not long to go now @Marjorie22. I feel like we should start a countdown! 🙂

--------------------

I am still waiting.  No streaming yet.

Anni20
Level 2
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa

How do I  achieve superhost status?

Anni20
Level 2
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa

Hi. No streaming?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Not long to go now @Anni20 and @Marjorie22, under two hours to go! 🙂

--------------------