[Update] Hear answers to top-voted questions about our recent announcements

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Update] Hear answers to top-voted questions about our recent announcements

Q&A.jpg

Hello everyone,

On February 27th, we held our second global host Q&A, where CEO and Head of Community Brian Chesky answered questions about the next Airbnb, inspired by you.

Our global host Q&A events are part of Brian’s 2017 pledge to elevate the voice of the host community. We’ll hold these events throughout the year, rotating the livestream start time to accommodate different time zones.

This latest global host Q&A event was dedicated specifically to your questions about our recent announcements and what’s next for hosts on Airbnb. Brian answered a selection of questions that received the most votes from the host community.

Watch the replay to hear the questions and Brian’s answers (registration required). The livestream was held in English. To turn on translated subtitles, click the “CC” (Closed Captioning) button underneath the video screen when viewing.

Thanks so much to everyone who participated in the Q&A. Creating an open dialogue with you, our host community, is part of our company mission and helps us to keep doing better. We appreciate your hard work, dedication, and feedback.

Lizzie

**[This text was updated on Feb 27th–the live event has now finished]

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

91 Replies 91
Leslie0
Level 6
Santa Monica, CA

For those of us who missed it live, where can we hear the replay? The links that you posted don't seem to work.

Christine_John0
Level 1
Millport, United Kingdom

Well, it’s not doing what you say it does. Bye

Fiona0
Level 5
Bournemouth, United Kingdom

Is there a written summary of this somewhere?  I'd like to know the answers to the questions but I'm not prepared to sit through 54 minutes of video.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Fiona0,

Thanks for asking about this.

I am afraid there isn't a written summary for the Q&A. I know this isn't really what you asked for, but we have just added subtitles on it the replay, which might help a little. Perhaps you could watch it in segments, if you don't have time to what the full session at once. You are able to move the time bar, so you can potentially return where you left off. 

I hope this helps.

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Fiona0,

I just wanted to come back to your question here, to let you know that we have just put together a summary of all the questions answered and included specific links to the part of the video where this is answered. Hopefully this will make it more managable for you to find out the information you want to know about. Take a look here🙂

Please do let me know your thoughts on the overview and if this would be useful for the next one.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Just to let you know you can now watch the Q&A replay with subtitles. 

Go to the video (either on my original topic above, on page 1) or here in the Q&A board. To view the subtitles (once registered), click on play button and then click on the 'CC' button on the bottom righthand corner. 

Please not on a mobile/tablet device, the 'CC' icon may appear slightly differently.

Subtitles.png

I hope you enjoy. Do let me know if you have any difficulties finding this. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Roberta276
Level 1
Washington, DC

Unable to join the conversation 

Chico2
Level 2
Portland, OR

Really, seriously, you get my log in information then the video doesn't work.  I'm ashamed to be working with a company like this.

@LizzieCould Airbnb please just prepare and post a transcript of this? 1 hour of my time is very valuable, I guarantee I could read the transcript of a 1 hour chat in under 15 minutes.  I know videos are super popular in the tech-bro set, but c'mon, we have stuff to do!  Respect our time, please, Airbnb.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @John-and-Heather0,

Great to hear from you, I hope you are both well.

I am afraid there isn't a transcript available for the Q&A this time. You may have noticed that a fellow host has asked about this above, so I certainly feed this feedback back to the team. 

I know the time of a host is very valuable and we want to make these Q&A sessions as useful as possible. Perhaps another option might be to have more of a breakdown of what questions were covered and then the times/or bookmarks on the video where these are answered, would be helpful to you for future events instead?

Thanks again for your reply. 

Lizzie 

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @John-and-Heather0,

I hope you are well.

I know you asked about having a transcript of the latest Host Q&A with Brian. We have just put together a summary of all the questions answered and included specific links to the part of the video where this is answered. Hopefully this will make it more managable for you to find out the information you want to know about. Take a look here.  

It would be great to hear you thought on whether you find this method and overview useful. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Suzanne176
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Can't see video either

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Suzanne176@Chico2@Roberta276@Leslie0@Christine_John0,

Lovely to meet you all. I am really sorry to hear you are having difficulties with watching the video. It could be a few different reasons, but perhaps it is the browser you are using. 

Here is the direct link to watch the video, rather than the embedded version you see here in my opening topic and also in the Q&A board. You will be asked to register, you just need to add you name and email address and you should then be able to watch it there and then. 

Please do let me know how you get on and if this still isn't working for you I will look into it further.

Fingers crossed and thank you for your patience.

Lizzie

--------------------

Great to read!

Chris-And-Sally0
Level 3
Mount Martha, Australia

Airbnb The only reason Airbnb want to communicate by Direct Message is so they can keep your issue out of the public arena. The DM they do send sounds all warm and fuzzy and helpful ............”We’re so sorry you have had this experience, we will do our best to support you, we’re here for you”....blah blah blah. It’s just to shut you up as you will never ever get to speak with anybody. All you get is the run around, emails requesting info you have already supplied three times, and in our case, Airbnb want us to measure each and every scratch on our 18 month old floor boards before considering our claim, despite us providing two official independent quotes by qualified professionals as was originally requested! Airbnb make it so difficult and never ever seem satisfied- the more they ask, the more they come up with something new (and put time limits on when you can supply this info - in our case 24 hours) so they can say you didn’t respond in time and close your case all to get out of having them pay for repairs If you think you’ll have better luck phoning them don’t waste your time. Airbnb have a neat little truck where they put you on hold for 1 1/2 hours then disconnect you call. Our case Manager is pathetic and maybe I’m a bit naive, I can’t believe the management of Airbnb have these incompetent Case Managers” making a hostss life hell when they simply want property repaired which was damaged by the “guests”. $1,000,000 Host Cover - what an absolute joke!