[Update] Hear answers to top-voted questions about our recent announcements

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Update] Hear answers to top-voted questions about our recent announcements

Q&A.jpg

Hello everyone,

On February 27th, we held our second global host Q&A, where CEO and Head of Community Brian Chesky answered questions about the next Airbnb, inspired by you.

Our global host Q&A events are part of Brian’s 2017 pledge to elevate the voice of the host community. We’ll hold these events throughout the year, rotating the livestream start time to accommodate different time zones.

This latest global host Q&A event was dedicated specifically to your questions about our recent announcements and what’s next for hosts on Airbnb. Brian answered a selection of questions that received the most votes from the host community.

Watch the replay to hear the questions and Brian’s answers (registration required). The livestream was held in English. To turn on translated subtitles, click the “CC” (Closed Captioning) button underneath the video screen when viewing.

Thanks so much to everyone who participated in the Q&A. Creating an open dialogue with you, our host community, is part of our company mission and helps us to keep doing better. We appreciate your hard work, dedication, and feedback.

Lizzie

**[This text was updated on Feb 27th–the live event has now finished]

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

91 Replies 91
Sylvain107
Level 2
Dorval, Canada

Just like others, can't join In, can't see conversation 

https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/189121453

This profile should be taken off Airbnb. She made an inquiry and asked for discounts on my apartment. I didn’t agree to the discount. Then she kept on bargaining. Someone else booked those dates while she was bargaining with me. She’s upset I didn’t accept her offer so she threatened to make trouble in my community with my landlord. As you well known, Airbnb has a lot of resistance in New York. She knows by making trouble with my landlord and my neighbor, she could create a lot of trouble for me (she also lives and hosts in New York. She's in between two leases, she temporarily needs a place to stay). I could be evicted from my apartment if that happens. Airbnb should do something because you can't have every guest blackmail the hosts when they don't get the discounts they want. I called Airbnb for help, but the representative said because the guest didn’t make a reservation, they couldn’t help me. This guest knows where I live and knows how I look like because I put all that information on Airbnb. I trusted that Airbnb would protect me when things like this happen. Airbnb should do something about it instead of just saying we can't help you.