Updates to the Community Center

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Updates to the Community Center

Hello everyone,

We have been working on some updates to the Community Center so I am pleased to inform that it is now completed. Although the majority of this update is to the inner workings of the CC and therefore is not visible to us, you will still notice quite a few changes! I am looking forward on hearing your feedback:

• Advanced search: we added some additional filters to search, so now you’ll be able to better find what you’re looking for. You will also have the ability to search your Direct Messages.
  • Notifications: we added notifications to the top navigation, so you can stay up to date with the latest community activity related to you.
  • Conversations: it is now easier to follow the conversation and see who has replied. We also included more options in the text editor, including bold, italic and underline to both topics and replies.
  • Direct Messages: if you’re writing a long message or something that takes some time to write it, you will receive a confirmation messaging asking if you would like to continue so you don’t lose your draft.
  • Featured content box: we moved the position and re-designed the Featured Content box on the CC Homepage (now in the middle of the page), so you can easily see important conversations in the feed.
  • Members online: to add more liveliness to the CC, we have added a live number, so you can see how many users are online on the CC. Additionally, if you see a green dot next to someone’s profile it means they’re online.
  • Host Voice and Clubs Improvements: we have made also a few enhancements to Host Voice and Homesharing Clubs, like the photo gallery, so you can easily post and browse photos.

My personal favourites are the notifications alert and the direct message timeout pop-up, what is yours? We are looking forward on hearing your feedback.

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

23 Replies 23
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

It looks great !

But i noticed an important feature is not working: accessing the members airbnb-profile from the members community-profile (the button is still there, but not working). Locating a members listing(s) is often essential to answer a members question.

Kind regards, Emiel

Valerie192
Level 10
Inglewood, CA

Hi Lizzie - I also noticed I no longer see what city/Country members are from. This is also very helpful to reference in conversation in terms of culture, experience, etc. For example I will definitely pay more attention to members I see posting from Los Angeles, etc. Can you please advise?

Emiel1
Level 10

@Valerie192Yes, this was a nice feature and now it is missing. Allthough you can have a look at the members profile (yours saying:  Inglewood, CA), but that is rather inconvenient. Best, Emiel

Definitely inconvenient, agreed! I am often skimming these forums and location not only can provide additional nuance and really neat insight, but helps me hone in on topics most relevant to me.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Valerie192 and @Emiel1

Thanks for your feedback here. I'm glad you like the look of it Emiel. 

Our team is still tweaking a few things with the update as it was quite a big one and I have reported back the things you have mentioned as they are really important. I will keep you updated on this. 🙂

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Emiel1 and @Valerie192,

Happy New Year.

Thanks again for highlighting the lack of location displaying on a post. I just wanted to highlight that you should now see this is back displaying on every post here in the CC and I have checked and it is also showing on tablet and mobile too. 🙂

I hope this is music to your ears and it makes things easier for you when navigating the CC. 

Thanks for your help.

Lizzie

--------------------

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Will you ask the developers to put the dates back on the posts within the threads, @Lizzie? Once you open a thread, there is no way to tell whether a new post is the last one or whether it is a reply to something further up. Answers written two years ago are not always relevant, given the constant changes, and it is important to know whether they are old or new. The innocent "highjacking" of a thread by a new user desperate for an answer is lost in an undated mess.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Every other forum I belong to has spell checking enabled, I forget that this one does not which results in a lot of editing.

Is there a time line to fix the new bugs?

David

With the new format there is no editing aloud.

Scott95
Level 2
Wormerveer, Netherlands

Very funny!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lawrene0 and @David126,

Thanks for asking about this. I completely agree with you Lawrene about the dates, it is very difficult to navigate posts without this. Just to gather a little more information, what exactly are you missing, is it just a more specific time/date for recent posts or all posts in general? Perhaps you could share a screenshot if possible and I can update the team as I have already reported this back.

To answer your question David, we are hoping everything sorted by the end of the week, so fingers crossed. 🙂 I'm hoping at some point we will get a spell checker, we now have bold, italics and underline! 

It would be great to hear more about your thought in general thought.

Thanks to you both.

Lizzie

--------------------

Here is a screenshot, @Lizzie. I picked a post at random. Dates still show up in the main list ("Created 06-16-2015 | Latest activity 2 hours ago", for instance) but when I open a thread, all dates are gone, so there is no way to tell which post was from two hours ago and which were from two years ago. Where the poster is located has also disappeared, but that is sometimes misleading even when it is there, so I don't miss it. 

CC.PNG

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Thank you 

Emiel1
Level 10

@Lawrene0Your screenshot is clear about the issue ! But... I see all posting including the date and time (via desktop, browser: Firefox). I even looked up same posting as the one in your screenhost, and it has date and time on it. Maybe the problem occurs only on mobile devices ? Best regards, Emiel

Screenshot:

cc1.jpg