Volunteer during this month: May 2018

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Volunteer during this month: May 2018

Tokyo WFG.jpg

Hello everyone,

This month we’ll be celebrating Week for Good, a time each year when Airbnb hosts and employees come together to give back to our local communities.

Last year, we collectively contributed more than 8,500 hours of service through 170 projects in 30 cities across 16 countries. Will you join us this year?

Our goal is to encourage hosts across the world to join forces and contribute some extra time to their local communities. You can collaborate with other Airbnb hosts on a group project or simply get out and volunteer on your own.

If you don’t know where to start, here are some ways to get involved:

• Reach out to contacts at organizations where you have already volunteered to see if they accept groups and can help you coordinate an event.

• Ask friends, family members, or colleagues who volunteer if the organization they support takes groups and if they can help you make a connection.

• Organizations such as food banks, soup kitchens, shelters, community gardens, or a parks department often take volunteer groups on a one-time basis. Check their websites for a contact or online calendar where you can can pre-register a group visit.

• Search online for “group volunteer opportunities” with your city name and see what organizations pop up. In the United States, volunteermatch.org offers a great database of organizations seeking volunteers.

We would love to hear from you if you decide to volunteer. Please share stories and photos below, or via social media with the hashtag #AirbnbforGood!

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

36 Replies 36
Lynne57
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

Shame AirBnb didn’t think to tell us about this earlier, received an email this evening telling me about it, with just one day left to volunteer! I could have given my time the last two days easily, but tomorrow? I’m busy. Surely it would make sense to tell people before the event 

Manasui0
Level 10
Bali, Indonesia

I wish i coild do some thing, but the time has ended.. the notification was a bit late.. jeffrey, Bali

Jeffrey Bong
Weisbrod0
Level 2
New York, United States

Hello is anything going on in Brooklyn NY 

Ginette-B0
Level 2
Northbridge, MA

My husband and I are volunteering (serving food and clean-up) this coming Wednesday from 5-7pm at a free community dinner called Peace of Bread. It serves over 100 people in need of a meal (or some who just need to have a meal with other people, rather than alone) each Wednesday night, and different churches and organizations in our town take turns buying the food, preparing the meal, serving, and cleaning up. Sorry it's not within the May 13-19 dates, but we both volunteered in other areas this week--on the Missions Team at our church, and leading a women's Bible study. If you're estimating hours donated, this past week it was about 8 hours.

Deborah82
Level 10
Toodyay, Australia

I volunteer two days per week and two extra days per month in my local museum. We also run a sanctuary for unhomeable cats for 9 Lives Cat Rescue of Perth in WA.

We’ve also listed our AirBnB for voluntary shelter during times of need, like fires, flooding et cetera.

I think we do enough.

Loving the Airbnb community and it’s diversity❣️
Christina426
Level 2
Manila, Philippines

I would like to be a part of any future events of this nature in Manila Philippines. Do let us know how to be a part of the local team events. Thanks

Sel0
Level 2
Sandersville, GA

Got the email the evening of the 18th. Surprised, because usually Airbnb is timely. Just FYI, not a complaint. 

Katherine70
Level 2
Wilmington, NC

Me, too-confused! Got this May 18....and tomorrow the week of volunteering is over? Seems a bit poorly planned- I'd have been happy to organize a group to volunteer. We need to be involved in our communities!

Kim552
Level 1
Denver, CO

Hello everyone I just saw this post today. And I absolutely love to volunteer and give back

I’m associated with a few different foundations and on the board of one. The one that I am most active with is Aurora Warms the Night which is located in Aurora Colorado

Every Sunday we pick up and deliver donations such as furniture household items etc. for those that are transitioning from not having a home to having their first time in a long time.

Volunteering at a boys and girls club in Kansas City as a part of WorldVenturesVolunteering at a boys and girls club in Kansas City as a part of WorldVentures

Organizing one of our storage unitsOrganizing one of our storage units

It’s a Great way to give back! If anyone would like to pitch in my direct email is [Email address hidden as per the community guidelines] and just put volunteer in the subject line.  And I’m also happy to help out other foundations whenever I can!

Thanks and have a blessed day! 

Kim **

Is it also in India ( Mumbai or Goa )?

Ken220
Level 2
Rotorua, New Zealand

Did I miss this? I have just received it and it is 5.30pm on the 19th in NZ.

Please keep us more informed as we would have done something to participate.

Kind regards

Ken

Donna184
Level 5
Cobourg, Canada

May 19 receiving the notification about volunteering week in our community. I would have planned an additional event, had received the notification sooner. I volunteer year round as a driver for our local Highland Shores Children's Aide as a long distance driver.  I will do a donation today to our community by a

donation to our local charity. 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Well I just woke up to this message, and it is the 19th....

We are having a volunteer Track Day today, but nothing to do with AirBnB.

David
Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute everyone,   

If it is possible, are there Airbnb volunteer hosts in Morocco, Rabat? and, next time, how one could join the volonteer groups? 

Thanks,  

Miloud

John and Kathleen with EAST founder and director Kim Hannah. We donate all our airbnb income, outside taxes and expenses, to Exotic Avian Sanctuary of Tennessee. Our guests love the idea and that their stay with us supports this wonderful parrot rescue non-profit organization.John and Kathleen with EAST founder and director Kim Hannah. We donate all our airbnb income, outside taxes and expenses, to Exotic Avian Sanctuary of Tennessee. Our guests love the idea and that their stay with us supports this wonderful parrot rescue non-profit organization.Brochures I designed and printed pro bono for EAST. It's another way we give back throughout the year.Brochures I designed and printed pro bono for EAST. It's another way we give back throughout the year.Fundraising campaign graphics I designed pro bono for EAST. Design, and airbnb income is donated to this wonderful parrot rescue sanctuary.Fundraising campaign graphics I designed pro bono for EAST. Design, and airbnb income is donated to this wonderful parrot rescue sanctuary.