Volunteer during this month: May 2018

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Volunteer during this month: May 2018

Tokyo WFG.jpg

Hello everyone,

This month we’ll be celebrating Week for Good, a time each year when Airbnb hosts and employees come together to give back to our local communities.

Last year, we collectively contributed more than 8,500 hours of service through 170 projects in 30 cities across 16 countries. Will you join us this year?

Our goal is to encourage hosts across the world to join forces and contribute some extra time to their local communities. You can collaborate with other Airbnb hosts on a group project or simply get out and volunteer on your own.

If you don’t know where to start, here are some ways to get involved:

• Reach out to contacts at organizations where you have already volunteered to see if they accept groups and can help you coordinate an event.

• Ask friends, family members, or colleagues who volunteer if the organization they support takes groups and if they can help you make a connection.

• Organizations such as food banks, soup kitchens, shelters, community gardens, or a parks department often take volunteer groups on a one-time basis. Check their websites for a contact or online calendar where you can can pre-register a group visit.

• Search online for “group volunteer opportunities” with your city name and see what organizations pop up. In the United States, volunteermatch.org offers a great database of organizations seeking volunteers.

We would love to hear from you if you decide to volunteer. Please share stories and photos below, or via social media with the hashtag #AirbnbforGood!

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

36 Replies 36
Yossi8
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

The airbnb email was sent on 18th May with a section about volunteering from 13th to 19th Amy! That can't work! 

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing how you volunteer in your local communities, it’s amazing to hear about how you dedicate your spare time to helping others 🙂

We apologise for the confusion about dates, the ‘Week for Good’ was last week but we’re celebrating it this whole month! We’re interested in hearing about any volunteering you get up to, whether or not you did it last week.

Thanks,
Kirstie

Alex1010
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Lizzie.

What is idea behind community if you do answer question?

What a useless idea! Are you getting paid or you do it for free???

Could you please answer otherwise it looks like you have no intel or education to do so.

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Alex1010,

@Lizzie's actually away on holiday at the moment which is why I'm helping to look after the Community Center and replying on her behalf. Do let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Kirstie

Aj0
Level 3
New South Wales, Australia

Sounds good and I volunteer monthly providing providing one-off, basic telephone and web chat counseling, support and information to LGBTI callers, their friends, family and the wider community. The program uses a peer support model.

Robbie43
Level 2
Nairobi, Kenya

Hi, 

Am New, kindly guidance is welcome. Thank you and be Blessed.

Donna184
Level 5
Cobourg, Canada

I volunteer every month for Highland Shores Children's Aide as a volunteer driver. Checking in a great way to support community. Donna Kelly Cobourg Charm,Cobourg ON Canada