We’re testing a fresh new look for your listing

Airbnb
Official Account

We’re testing a fresh new look for your listing

You may have noticed some listings look a little different lately, either within the main listing page or when they show up in search results. That’s because we’re testing a few changes that we hope will make it easier for guests to learn about your space.

What’s being tested?

We’re looking at new ways to display important information to potential guests. Here are some of the changes we’re testing:

• Key details—like title and rating—will be displayed above your photos on the listing page
  • New links will quickly take guests to reviews, photos, and your listing overview
  • Your listing type, title, and price will show up more clearly in the search results page

Why is this test happening?

These changes are intended to help guests find the information they need more easily and to bring more design consistency across the platform. But before we roll them out to all users, we first want to understand how guests are responding—and tests like this are an important part of that feedback process.

Is my listing included in the test?

Most likely, yes, even if you haven’t noticed any changes. Your listing will only feature the updated look for some users (so one guest viewing it might encounter the new design, while another gets the old one).

Will my listing information change?

No. All listing information will stay the same—we’re simply testing a new way of displaying it, one that will give more prominence to the details that matter most.

How long will the test run for?

We’ll be monitoring the impact of these new designs anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to get results.

We know changes to the platform can sometimes be a little jarring, and we’re trying to be better about explaining the “why” behind them. Thank you for your ongoing support, and please let us know if you have any questions or feedback in the comments below.

54 Replies 54

Airbnb programmers do not know how to sort lists in reverse chronologic order. This is evident also in the list of minimum days stay date range list that should also be sequenced in  descending date range order.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Airbnb  The most important things for guests to read are our house rules, check-in details and "other things to note" where things like pets in the home (to warn allergy sufferers) "potential for noise", etc are written. As well as the cancellation policy. Yet these are the exact things that Airbnb buries where many guests never see them. These are the things that need to be more prominent.

Please eliminate the home highlights/ compliments, which are really useless, or exchange the positioning with the the House Rules.

I do like the new way they are displaying "Contact Host", though.

It is now not possible, unless I just missed it, to see how much/ if any cleaning fee there is, untill you attempt to book.??

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

when I look at someone's listing and click on the host's profile photo I don't see all his listings like I did before. I have to click again on his profile picture to see it.

More I use this new design - more I hate it 😞 

Please make it AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE!  Fewer clicks, fewer popups, less scrolling, and less unnecessary crap.

thank you

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Airbnb @Stephanie What has immediately struck me is the very squared - box like appearance of the photos and that the captions now require extra effort on part of the guests looking ---- which is unlikely. So smashing them all together in a collage might be nice for some visually - all the import and  obvious effort many of us put into placing some of our house requirements/rules in the captions is now lost - hidden. NOT COOL in my opinion.  

Seems we as hosts almost all agree..........WHY stick our house rules and things they need to know after everything else??? YES, we get you ...you want them the guests to IB/ book as quickly as possible.......before they look for the next property...but sticking what REALLY counts at the tail end, unfair. No wonder folks don't know its NO SMOKING.............or NO PETS.......NO KIDS.....come on Airbnb you can rearrange this. Things they need to know should be right after description and photos - so they know if they are suited to this listing. And guess what - some folks are NOT suited to some of our listings - and WE the hosts should not have to be the ones to discover this AFTER the fact, the arrival, the disappointed hosts or guests experience.....YOU airbnb can help all the hosts out with this placement. We know guests don't read much. But if you've placed the most important info (sorry, its not the price, imo) at the tail of everything. they've looked at pics and want to stay here - so they are NOT going to be reading stuff that might change their minds.......OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH never mind that they are smokers are bringing 3 kids - or there's cat's in the listing for those with allergies. This truly doesn't make sense to me as a host. 

When I travel........I have to work to find out the house rules of the place I'm staying - cause that stuff is important to me. It should not be an effort. So in all the change up - think about the logic please. 

thanks for even looking, considering and possible changing this for YOUR AIRBNB HOSTS!

Clara

@Clara116  It's actually just as much for the guests' benefit as the hosts. What guest wants to find they have booked something that is unsuitable for their needs, arrive to find that it's not what they were expecting, or even get turned away at the door or evicted because they arrived with 2 dogs to a no pets listing or brought 6 people when they booked for 2? 

Things that work well for hosts also work well for guests- it's a symbiotic relationship. It's absurd that Airbnb doesn't realize this.

this i great

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

What I've been noticing lately is folks complaining about items I addressed years ago in my house description and house rules. 

There is a section for "weaknesses" where I note, for example, that wifi can be spotty. 

Apparently, nobody ever gets to read that, any more, because I have had a number of people complain about it, as well as my no alcohol policy - clearly spelled out in the house rules. 

Featuring wifi so prominently as the first amenity, in the top 4,  sets me up for failure. Hosts should have the ability to select which items they want to highlight about their space. 

You've selected "Hangers" to feature in the top 4 amenities ?     Why ??

The amenities also clearly state that a microwave is available, yet people complain about no toaster.   

If you don't bring these items to people's attention ahead of time, like making sure they read the house rules, folks arrive with mismatched expectations, which reflects badly on hosts, and directly results in poorer ratings and a poorer overall experience. 

Also, while the "Contact Host" button is now prominent, I've had folks send me a bunch of inquiries that never result in actual reservations, after I notice they are inquiring for one guest, and explain my per-guest-after-first-guest fee. So apparently, they aren't reading that part either.

It's great that you want to focus on the guest-centric items, but fit-for-purpose should not be ignored. 

@Michelle53 I couldn't agree more. While I want to promote all the greatness that my spaces offers, I also need to be assured that guests know what to expect. The "Other Things to Note" is a great place to put all of that (ie. Potential for noise; Security devices on property; Pets on property, Limited amenities, etc.) These are all the things I want to know when I am booking as a guest. Why does Airbnb continue to hide them at the bottom behind a 'read more' link?? Airbnb really needs to find a better way to manage expectations!

@Airbnb    If you wouldn't mind please reviewing my comments above, it would be much appreciated !

@Michelle53WiFi spotty can be easily fixed with a change of router with more coverage or add a range extender. I would suggest you to do that because nowadays almost nobody can live without internet connection.

@Mike1034   Thanks for the suggestions, I have two range extenders, and have already upgraded my router to provide both primary and guest connections. I'm at the limit of my home configuration and my residential service. I provide a connected computer for internet. The majority of my guests are out 90% of the time, so, for me to go to vast expense to provide business-level wifi for the 10% of time they are here, or sleeping,  would not be cost effective in my situation.   My core market is not the business traveller. 

Connections can vary widely with different phones, tablets and laptops, as well as the different cell providers. Some people have no issues.  Some people get spotty service.  Even if I dramatically upgraded everything, I still could not guarantee everyone would experience zero issues. 

I prefer not to feature wifi so prominently as an amenity, although I do have it. 

@Michelle53WiFi connections are normally only related to router and the receiving devices. It is not related to your internet plan. The internet speed has more impacting factors such as internet service provider, modem, router, number of devices used simultaneously, and download content etc.

I have not got complaints from guests about WiFi although I have a medium speed internet plan which is at 45MB/sec of download. You may want to get a tech guy to identify the real issue and bottleneck of your internet setup. Is it a real connection issue or a speed issue?

I already know I have to reconfigure everything - including relocating my cable and router (not feasible at this moment). But even if I did that, it still wouldn't address my core issue . Which is the ability to self-determine which amenities show up in the top 4.    I don't believe "hangers" have a reason to be in the top 4 when I could put "microwave" in there, as another example. That might lead to a better question from prospective guests - is there any food preparation other than microwave ?   Which is the right question to be asking, in my case.  My last complaining guest somehow expected access to a full kitchen, although my photos and amenities indicate no such thing. 

That's an @Airbnb issue. 

Dawn547
Level 2
Cambridge, MA

I agree with some of the other's comments with regard to the house rules being more prominent.  Particularly for newer AirBNBers (which we get a lot of), understanding these up front will provide for a better experience for all, but most importantly, the guests so that they know exactly what to expect.  Along those lines, adding functionality to include a pet fee and electronic acceptance of rental agreements will further the positive experience of guests as it reduces surprises on the back end of the reservation.

Dawn547