Where would you go if you could live anywhere?

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Where would you go if you could live anywhere?

Liv_0-1624025993962.png

Hey everyone,

Have you ever dreamed about living nomadically? I certainly have 🙃

Airbnb is launching "Live Anywhere", a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for 12 participants and up to three companions each to live exclusively in listings on Airbnb for approximately one year. 

Airbnb will cover the cost of accommodations and provide an allowance for transportation for the duration of the program. Participants will also share their experiences, which could help shape the future of travel and living on Airbnb.

If that sounds interesting, you can follow this link to apply. Live Anywhere on Airbnb applications are now open until June 30, 2021.

Where would you go if you were selected for Live Anywhere? And what would you do there?

Thanks,

Liv

24 Replies 24
Hello6
Level 10
Canary Islands, Spain

We signed up as a family (total of 3 +1 extra for friend / extended family member to join us for various parts) We would start with the tour of relatives around the world as covid has kept the majority of us apart.  Next would be the Disneyland lands and city's.  After would be the exotic, distant and wherever the cheapest one-way ticket route for 3 brings us as the €5000 stipend for travel expenses would not last long. Somewhere in between or before would be to sort out online schooling or a mixture of local classrooms and online work for our daughter.  What an amazing chance it would be to have.  🙂Personally for me - snow monkeys - are a must to see in person.  Also, we would look to visit some of the amazing guests who came to stay with us here in Gran Canaria.  For sure we would visit our first guest who came from China and who invited us to visit them in their home 🏠.   

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Hello6 oh wow, that sounds like an amazing plan! It made me wish I could join you 😂

Fingers crossed you'll hear some good news soon 🤞

Where do some of your relatives live?

Hello6
Level 10
Canary Islands, Spain

🙂 if we just focused on Aunt's and Uncles then Canada, US, Ireland, England, Spain, Morocco, and then if we branched off to cousins then that would be quite a world trip :). If we got lucky their might be a wedding or two and we could catch up with a big group of them 😉 .  It would be cool to meet you in person too Liv.  Maybe you could show us around your hometown?  Always best to have a local guide to see a place and gain ideas for others too.  Fingers crossed.  It would be an amazing adventure.  

Amy158
Level 2
Costa Mesa, CA

I'll be signing up and be travelling solo, and would hope to have a friend or my parents join part of the stays when possible. I'd like to go to the Florida Keys to scuba dive and volunteer for coral reef restoration and the sea turtle hospital. I'd also like to visit Costa Rica, the Philippines, Australia or New Zealand, and some of the South American countries. The possibilities are endless. Since I work remotely now, it shouldn't be to hard to work from some amazing places around the world.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Looking fwd you meeting you one day here in Auckland, New Zealand @Amy158 

Meanwhile enjoy this topic we from time to time add to...

Festival of Hospitality - Using Nature to Nurture and de-stress your mind

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Festival-Using-Nature-to-Nurture-and-de-stress-your-mind...

@James998 @Yvette154 @Liv @Laura2592 @Hello6 @Amy158  I look forward to your contributions to the next Festival of Hospitality...

@Liv @Nick @Francesca @Sergi @Noriko @Anna @Lizzie @Quincy  when is the nest Festival of Hospitality planned for???

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Amy158, Florida Keys is such a nice place! I was there back in 2011, and was supposed to go for a trip on one of those glass bottom boats. Sadly, the waters were too choppy, so the trip couldn't go ahead. 

Would love to visit again sometime in the future 😃

Also, Aruba is a lovely place to do some scuba diving! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Aruba sounds fantastic! I was in the Keys, Key Largo, a few weeks ago and it was pretty windy and choppy then - so I know what you mean. You'll have to go again sometime, hopefully you will get better weather.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That's lovely, @Amy158! New Zealand is definitely on my list as well.

If you do end up volunteering, I'd love to hear more about it. It sounds like a very cool thing to do. 

Good luck 🤞

Yvette154
Level 2
Superior, CO

I'm excited about this opportunity and working on my application! I would mostly chase-the-sun, looking for locations with an average temperature of 75 degrees! I'd  look for "Carpe Diem experiences" in each location! For example, In October, I'd go to the Kona Ironman to support Dan Jaworski, a participant who's been diagnosed with early Alzheimer's and executing his bucket list! I already have all of January booked at an Airbnb in Costa Rica, because I want to learn Spanish.  It would be fun to discover new people, hiking trails, and local treasures in every place I went.  I'd make a point of having a new adventure each week and writing about it!

Yvette Francino
Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Yvette154,

Thanks for sharing your plans, very inspiring 😊  

Immersing yourself in another place and culture is for sure the best way to learn a new language! 

Hopefully you'll be one of the chosen ones, but either way, it sounds like you're well on your way to living those adventures. If you do write about it, please share it with us. I'd love to read it 🌻

Thank you @Liv ! What about you? Where would you go if you could live anywhere? Are you applying for the program yourself?

I've been learning so much about Airbnb in preparation for my application. I have a first draft of an eBook that's all about the wonderful benefits for retired solo snowbirds like myself!  What flexibility to travel anywhere and hosting is an awesome way to make some easy money on the side!  I'm quite enamored with it all!  

How did you become an Online Community Manager?  Would it be appropriate for me to post a version of my eBook here for review?

Yvette Francino
James998
Level 2
Gloucester, MA

Great adventure. Where did you find the application????

Hello6
Level 10
Canary Islands, Spain

http://www.airbnb.com/liveanywhere  is the link.  Liv (topic host) has a quick link in her initial message as well.  Good luck.  

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Liv I am not signing up because we have too many properties to manage and not enough reliable people to help. But if I could live anywhere for 10 months, I might do Cornwall or the west coast of Ireland.