Viewing reviews of potential guests

Brenda150
Level 2
Redmond, WA

Viewing reviews of potential guests

Hi all,

Has anyone noticed that as hosts we used to be able to look at the reviews our potential guests had received or left for previous Airbnb stays, and click through on the host pictures to see where these hosts were located and read about their listings. To me this was a great way to learn about great Airbnb listings for future travel, but alas, now when I try to click on the photo of a host from a guest’s review, it does nothing. 😕

I will say checking reviews of potential guests has been helpful; one year we had some very “challenging” guests staying for two months, and so I read what other hosts had said when reviewing them. What emerged was a more complete picture of how these guests behaved with other hosts, and I was grateful for their honesty.

Cheers to all you hosts out there!

Brenda

*[Post made into new topic – title updated]

3 Replies 3
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Brenda150,

Lovely to meet you.

I came across your question in the Host Q&A discussion thread, it is fantastic to see you wanted to submit a question for this. I am afraid the question submission period for this event, closed on June 19th. However, so that your question, doesn't get lost in that other thread, I have moved it to the Hosting board here where we can continue the conversation on this.

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Angela1050
Level 1
Swansea, United Kingdom

I would like to look at reviews on a current guest. How do I do this?

Hello @Angela1050,

On a laptop just go to the message from the potential guest and click on their profile photo.

That will bring you to their profile page where you can see any reviews that hosts have left for them.

If there are no reviews there then it could be that they just haven't stayed any where yet. It could also be that previous hosts haven't left reviews for them.

You can also see any reviews on the Android app by going to a message from the guest and tapping the "Details" link. You can then click on the profile photo to see the reviews. I presume that the iOS app has an equivalent procedure.

Steve.