Your listing titles are returning to search results

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Your listing titles are returning to search results

Stephanie_0-1655741472113.png

As you know, we recently made the biggest change to Airbnb in a decade. Since the launch, you’ve provided a lot of feedback about the changes, including many requests to bring back your ability to craft your own listing title. 

We understand why Hosts are so passionate about your listing title: It’s one of the first things guests read in search results and an opportunity to call out what makes your space unique.

So, starting June 30, 2022, your listing titles are returning to guest search results. 

Before then, check out our new guidelines for listing titles—and update your title too. Doing so can help your listing stand out in search, set expectations for guests, and create interest in booking your space.

Let’s all share our listing titles and help each other find ways to make them shine.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

101 Replies 101

Obviously not the only host who has be lost business! A Superhost for 4 years and fully booked several months out I currently have 5! booking for the next two months. Barbara in Tucson AZ

Well, you are going to lose me as well. And sadly, I doubt Airbnb cares or they would have fixed this a long time ago.  No one can find our listings anymore, so the titles being reverted is not relevant.   And if I am forced to quit (very close since NO bookings since roll out) as a superhost for five plus years, over 200 five star reviews, always booked...it won't be pretty.  Sure hope nothing ELSE is done to my listing, since Airbnb has messed with everything I have so far...pricing, location (put me in NYC instead of the mountains of Tennessee), hiding my listing, altering my data graphs and info, cancelling my bookings 'accidently', and on and on. If anything else happens.....

@Mike-And-Jane0 airs loss. all the best H

Think I might join you with cottages.com, disastrous recent bookings!

It was the biggest blunder of Airbnb and sanity has prevailed to reinstate control over our STR listings.

Rhys59
Level 2
Lymington, United Kingdom

So so pleased with this positive change. Allowing us hosts to give a small personal touch to capture the attention of guests. X

Sarcasm? 

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

I wish the folks at Airbnb responsible for rolling out the disastrous summer upgrades would just come on here and say ‘we messed up, we really got it wrong, but we’re listening and we’re really, really sorry’ instead of spinning it and trying to make it sound like we should be grateful for getting our listing titles back and associated table scraps. 

Remember the rule of Too Big To Fail - None Ever Goes To Jail and None Getting Fired Ever.

Those "Cool Kids" always have their way ...until next quarterly earnings release LOL

Peggy-And-Mike0
Level 10
Georgia, United States

Good to read, I'm happy they are coming back. Perhaps that will help. Our bookings have dropped off since the update. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Stephanie 

Is it 32 characters including, or excluding spaces? I took it to mean including, but the first example given would then be over this limit...

I have the same question, I can't find out if its with or without spaces?

@Solveig0 It has to be including spaces. It would make no sense otherwise.

@Mike-And-Jane0 

Well, that's what I assumed also, but then the first example given in the guidelines exceeds 32 words if you include spaces. Hence my confusion. 

This really should be specified as it's not going to be obvious to everyone. When I check character count on Word, for example, it gives you the count both with and without spaces.

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Huma0 

I have tested it by writing the title again on one of my listing.

At least with me, It is 50 characters including spaces.