Your listing titles are returning to search results

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Your listing titles are returning to search results

Stephanie_0-1655741472113.png

As you know, we recently made the biggest change to Airbnb in a decade. Since the launch, you’ve provided a lot of feedback about the changes, including many requests to bring back your ability to craft your own listing title. 

We understand why Hosts are so passionate about your listing title: It’s one of the first things guests read in search results and an opportunity to call out what makes your space unique.

So, starting June 30, 2022, your listing titles are returning to guest search results. 

Before then, check out our new guidelines for listing titles—and update your title too. Doing so can help your listing stand out in search, set expectations for guests, and create interest in booking your space.

Let’s all share our listing titles and help each other find ways to make them shine.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

101 Replies 101
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Stephanie I suspect it is more than an issue with listing titles that has caused us to have no bookings for our 3 bed apartment post the update. Sadly Airbnb has noblest our business as we have been forced to list this apartment with Cottages.com who are offering  sign up bonuses as well. We'll jointly list the other two apartments and see if Airbnb get their act together anytime soon.

for 'noblest' please read 'now lost'

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Mike-And-Jane0 Well, it certainly isn't what I wanted to hear but understand your frustrations and decision. I do hope we can continue to improve this release for our Host community, especially our "noblest" such as yourself. *jk

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Currently 100's of Central London properties are being shown as being in the South Downs National park in the National Park category. Obviously completely wrong and misleading to guests. You still have other major problems which need to be fixed.

I'm actually in a National Park and check every few days to see if Airbnb have made any changes. My property still doesn't show as being in a National Park.

However those houses in central London are still showing as being in the South Downs National Park.

This week, half our county is in Exmoor NP, and half in New Forest NP.

Except neither of these things is true! 90 miles to Exmoor, 60 miles to New Forest.

Meanwhile, rural properties miles away are popping up in the middle of our big town centre car park. This week. 

And we can still go skiing in Somerset, just a few miles away.

Still showing this.

My friends who live in Bermondsey will be delighted. They always wanted a weekend retreat!!!!?!

Crazy

This is not true for my listing.  Additionally I am still 'lost' and I've recently discovered that my 'stats' are totally inaccurate. Example...Shows I had 6 bookings in December.  This is false.  I did not have any 'December bookings' as I was closed for surgery.  Then, if is means I got bookings for another month in December, according to my reservation records, that is not true either.  My view graph has been altered  from what I saw before the roll out. And it also shows that my views (which no longer are shown but I have a screen shot) were over 200/day and are now 20 or fewer.  My pricing has been continually altered and different from my constant, stated rate.  From MY rate of $105/night to $122, then $144, then $143 and now....$102.  My listing no longer appears on the first page of my area as it was for over 5 years.  In fact, in a 'browse' type search (many of my guests say that's how they found me) I am not there at all.  After 3-4 pages it takes you to properties 1-4 hours from the target area. However, there are the SAME properties showing for the last six weeks on the first two pages.  CS told me all about 'criteria...Quality ( of which I qualify with over 200 five star reviews, pro photos, descriptive quality, property popularity, superhost, etc) 2. ratings  (ditto)  Price (ditto for my area am on the lower end) and find that there are listings on these first two pages that 1. Are NOT 'cabins in the mountains' as I am. 2. some have NO reviews at all, others have ratings below mine.  And they are on these pages day after day after day. Same ones.  So nothing has been fixed.  And I have had no bookings since the 'program' despite always having at LEAST 1 per week, and being booked out 3-4 months in advance. No inquiries either.  The only bookings showing after the roll out are repeat due to Airbnb 'accidently' cancelling ALL my bookings due to them placing me in NYC instead of the mountains of Tennessee. I had to contact all my previously booked guests, manage their anger and ask for them to rebook. Some took several days to do so, hence 'bookings' showing for after the roll out.   It's a mess, and I am going to have to quit, and if I do, I will cancel all my remaining bookings (gotten prior to the roll out) AND I will tell all my clients why and not to rebook their vacation through Airbnb.  CS was rude, read from a script, would not escalate even my pricing issues, and basically told me "tough crap" it's your fault because you are not following the 'guidelines' we recommended.  This is criminal to do this to many many long time hosts with stellar contributions to the Airbnb brand.  Criminal. 

@Deb75 

So maybe my NY property is listed in Tennessee?  I can see the confusion, easy mistake to make.  New York and Tennessee are both states in America. 

Oh, I had not thought of that!  Good point!  However, if yours is 'accidently' relocated to Tennessee, then you wouldn't have your listing delisted or your bookings cancelled, although might be a bit confusing for your guests, lol! ...Seems NYC has this strange regulation against STR's that will result in not too happy things for the host!  

@Deb75 

lol! My listing is active on my new property manager's account FWIW, but business is dead since the 2022 Summer Release. The reason HAS to be that it's listed in Tennessee or any state but New York. Perhaps I'm neighbors with that giant Potato?

My place is about 2 1/2 hours drive from NYC, in the Catskill Mountains. AirBnb notes my area has a "40% increase in popularity since last year."  Aw shucks. Good to know!

😉. Boy I bet you are so glad to get that valid and incredible information! Too bad it's not turned into bookings right? Then I get these ridiculous emails about check out the wonderful things in Altamont Tennessee! I sure don't see my wonderful thing in that email! Unbelievable. It is just so disappointing to lose a business because of something like this. Devastating for some, just plain make and others like me pissed off. No excuse for it. Just wish I knew the real reason.

@Deb75 

I believe that Chesky told us the real reason. Just listen to this pretentious a$$:

"We think if we can move away from the search box, we can help you to travel," Chesky said. 

(source: https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/airbnb-overhauls-how-you-discover-stays-its-biggest-...)

See? He's "moved away from the search box" and "HELPED" travelers! 

What a helper! Who needed that crappy old search box anyway?  Begone, Search Box!  I know for a fact he's quite the helper; he's helped destroy our ability to get bookings. He's helped make listings invisible.  He's helped guests find places to stay on  VRBO. He's helped remove our properties from search results, and promote weird arbitrary weeks in 2023!  Oh yes, he may have helped some Hosts into bankruptcy. 

Who needed that old search box. Aside from Host partners and travelers. 

Boy I couldn't have said it better! Too bad this megliomaniac can't be stopped. Typical elitist, he thinks he knows what's best for you because he's smarter than you are. He knows what the travelers want because The travelers don't know what they want. This is so sad. I just got the most beautiful gifts from my last guests who were here. So it's not only the hosts that are being hurt, they're not going to be able to find what they want either. But then they probably don't know what they want according to Chesky..ass....