Your listing titles are returning to search results

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Your listing titles are returning to search results

Stephanie_0-1655741472113.png

As you know, we recently made the biggest change to Airbnb in a decade. Since the launch, youโ€™ve provided a lot of feedback about the changes, including many requests to bring back your ability to craft your own listing title. 

We understand why Hosts are so passionate about your listing title: Itโ€™s one of the first things guests read in search results and an opportunity to call out what makes your space unique.

So, starting June 30, 2022, your listing titles are returning to guest search results. 

Before then, check out our new guidelines for listing titlesโ€”and update your title too. Doing so can help your listing stand out in search, set expectations for guests, and create interest in booking your space.

Letโ€™s all share our listing titles and help each other find ways to make them shine.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

101 Replies 101
Louise1097
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

They are only turning up in certain parts of the website. Then only as sub-titles, and only in greyed-out text, so many over-45s cannot read it!.

Jamie206
Level 10
Pooler, GA

They decided to keep the original generic naming convention, for some reason. Probably the coding is too difficult to get straight. Then subtext of original naming, stupid... just as the summer bot release of other so called updates. 

The property name should be as it was previously, front and center as the title for the individual properties. If airbnb wants a generic title then it should be relegated to the subtext, not this nonsense we currently have. Airbnb currently in complete failure mode. Should probably start firing the staff again, as they aren't needed anymore, being that there's no customers.

Manuel4519
Level 1
Phoenix, AZ

These update is not been the best I just tired to run comps on my listing and went to filters and my listing didn't come up.. its sad that our business partner is not as user friendly to navigate  thru the website, and in turn disturbing our business.. 

Jessie-Rose0
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

@Stephanie My listing title has not changed back? Is there going to be an update to hosts on all of these issues? I've not had 1 new booking through since these changes and I really want to avoid listing elsewhere but I'm not sure I have another option? Can AirBNB give hosts an update on what is going to happen and when? I need to pay my mortgage! This is so worrying - Please reverse these awful changes!

Hi @Stephanie are the listing titles staying like this or going back as per your original note? The greyed out title hidden underneath is not exactly โ€˜returningโ€™

Stephanie365
Level 10
Fredericksburg, VA

Oh look, I found the titles. Sort of. ๐Ÿ™„

They are not prominent like they used to be, and they're not complete.

Another carrot dangled on a string for hosts. And it's made of plastic. ๐Ÿ™„

Stephanie365_0-1657381352669.png

Ana2038
Level 10
Santa Ana, CA

Itโ€™s great that listing title are returning. NOW, how about removing the โ€œAny weekโ€ feature, please. Most of our guest visits are to Disneyland with their stays averaging 3-4 days as thereโ€™s only so much to do/see at Disneyland. The โ€œAny weekโ€ feature eliminates the listings such as ours from being considered as a couple of day stays and/or shows availability for the next full week months away when in fact we have โ€œdaysโ€ available throughout the months!!! 

Charis80
Level 2
Portage la Prairie, Canada

So I just searched for my property on Airbnb. I am a superhost in a non-tourist focused market. We are a relatively small market area. You'd think that I would be relatively easy to find, right? I also searched for my sisters property. She won the award last year for highest ratings in our province and was named as Top 13 Most Hospitable Hosts in Canada. She definitely should show up in a search of our area, right? 

Neither of us showed up in the search. There were over 100 non-superhost properties on the list. I scrolled all the way through the search results and nothing. My search criteria was simply my province. According to the promo to hosts, attaining superhost status should be the key to getting better position on the search results, right? What is up with this, Airbnb? 

Also, I have only received bookings from people who already knew about my space since the new update. Their search results haven't gained me any new bookings. Before the "update" I was booked solid at least 6 weeks ahead and constantly getting new bookings because I have a unique property in my area. Now I am half booked for August and only 30% booked for Sept. 

After having worked hard to meet all the criteria that Airbnb put forward as a way to have a successful business on their platform, this is incredibly disappointing. 

Julie4340
Level 2
Marion, NC

Im so discouraged ๐Ÿซค . No bookings since the big transition. This past year Airbnb saved me from losing my home. I was completely taken by surprise, when an unforeseen disability took many things in my life away from me.  I chose renting my home through airbnb, hoping to get the opportunity to go back home one day. Im grateful for airbnbโ€™s initial help. Unfortunately, I'm looking to list my home on a different site because something went way wrong on the airbnb end.  I am really nervous about my next steps. I dont want to lose the home my kids grew up in.

Is there anything i can do to get some bookings?

@Julie4340 

I'm so sorry. Try listing on VRBO. They seem to have gotten more business from AirBnb after the horrid 2022 Summer Release.  For me, VRBO started slowly, but now bookings are coming in.  Others seem to be doing well on Booking.com, I can't speak to that.

Good luck. 

Did you import your AirBnb Listing and Synch the VRBO Calendars or Vice a Versa?

@Julie4340  It's really unfortunate how the new search design has destroyed so many businesses.  All you can do is list on VRBO, maybe Booking.com and any state or local vacation rental type sites or you could consider a longer term tenant.

@Catherine-Powell  I'm just tagging you so that you or your team can be clear that the search function is still seriously harming many, many hosts.  Our views are now zero, LOL.  A superhost for many quarters with a 4.9 rating, but we have options, unlike some hosts who really need the income.