Your listing titles are returning to search results

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Your listing titles are returning to search results

Stephanie_0-1655741472113.png

As you know, we recently made the biggest change to Airbnb in a decade. Since the launch, you’ve provided a lot of feedback about the changes, including many requests to bring back your ability to craft your own listing title. 

We understand why Hosts are so passionate about your listing title: It’s one of the first things guests read in search results and an opportunity to call out what makes your space unique.

So, starting June 30, 2022, your listing titles are returning to guest search results. 

Before then, check out our new guidelines for listing titles—and update your title too. Doing so can help your listing stand out in search, set expectations for guests, and create interest in booking your space.

Let’s all share our listing titles and help each other find ways to make them shine.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

101 Replies 101
Janet201
Level 5
Scottsdale, AZ

Titles back is good. Not sure why Airbnb can't let us tell guests how many bedrooms and bathrooms in the space. That is much more useful information than how many beds. If I need 3 beds, I'm needing 3 bedrooms, not 3 beds in the same room, or triple bunk bed. Bring these descriptors back!

Put back the number of bedrooms and bathrooms! For a fleeting moment I saw the number of bedrooms,  but now gone. Your AI is beyond wrong. Please make changes NOW!!

Mg5
Level 4
Australia

So this is what has killed all of our bookings. Why on earth does Airbnb management do major seismic insane things like this when you cant even give us a calendar that works/ updates properly on laptop or a way to add a co host who can see calendar and bookings  without them having access to all data? Is this the result of someone who doesnt understand anything coming in and making huge and damaging changes? Why was this done at all?? 

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

Another week of sitting  empty with no guests -  this weekend we have a 2 nighter followed by a 4 nighter both via BDC but absolutely ZERO bookings coming via Air.  

Oddly too...when I 'google cabin with views Altamont (my town) tennessee and DO NOT add 'airbnb' to the search....I rarely get a hit for this WITH an Airbnb site.  I get VRBO, and several other sites some I've never heard of.  I have to INCLUDE Airbnb in my google search ....and even then, I cannot be found.  But there are dome houses, yurts, and apartments in villages. Not my cabin with the view in the mountains around Altamont.and I was always on the FIRST page until the roll out...there HAS to be some other agenda here. NO company can be this stupid to 'fix something that ain't broke'...can't be...

Louise1097
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Here we are in afternoon of 30th June (UK), and still no sign of return of property titles. 

Nancy1633
Level 10
Hoboken, NJ

It's June 30 (coincidentally, my birthday) and still, no titles. 

No titles, no bookings. 

But hey, AirBnb sent an email invitation to design something "crazy" for a $100K prize! No thanks. 

AirBnb: how about undoing your "crazy" Summer Release that has made our properties unfindable and unbookable, that has driven away our business. This is unsustainable for your loyal partner Hosts.    

Zilla0
Level 3
Staunton, VA

I just noticed in my area that on the listings the titles have returned. However, first is the generic title in bold, then your rental title underneath in very pale type. I had to look a couple of times to notice it.

Rather worthless in my book.

Jamie206
Level 10
Pooler, GA

So, apparently this was more lies about giving the listing title back on the 30th... why?

Helen609
Level 6
Polperro, United Kingdom

The titles have not returned as promised.

You need to take some responsibility for this. You have changed things to the detriment of your hosts. I am really scared about what is going to happen to my listing going forward from here. I have now had a grand total of 7 views, up 3 from the last time I posted. I have come up 53 times on the first page apparently. No wonder I'm getting no bookings. This is my sole income.

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

They are live on the desktop version.

But not on the mobile version yet.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

Titles seems like the least of the issues, if guests aren't seeing listings that are now hidden, for whatever reason, in the wrong category or who knows, then getting your title back isn't going to change this.

Our views are down to 2 views per day and this is not enough to translate into any bookings.  If this continues we will be forced to leave the platform next year.  Luckily we benefited in the early part of the year from an algo surge and so we are mostly fully booked until the fall, and are actually fine if we didn't get any more bookings this year, we hit our baseline already.

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

Still no titles showing on my mobile app.

Is this changing or was it only for the desk top version?

No titles here in UK on mobile app or on ipad app, or on web on mobile either. Guests use mobile for research (I speak as an ITA user researcher).

Jamie206
Level 10
Pooler, GA

Just waiting for the stock price to drop hard and soon. I mean with thousands of hosts not generating bookings, how can airbnb itself be sustained, at this rate? As others have done we've started the loading process up on other platforms besides the usual vrbo and almost immediately starting getting new bookings. In some respects this is  a good thing for us to get more diversified, I suppose. Although, it  sure would be nice to have airbnb back onboard instead of this medium fast death...