Your new Host Q&A board

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Your new Host Q&A board

Hello everyone,

Over the past year we have held four Host Q&As here in the Community Center, where we have answered some of the most popular questions asked by the community.

To make it easier to find the answers given, we have created a designated Host Q&A board, which you can refer to at any point.

For each Host Q&A, we have had thousands of questions submitted and so to help answer more than just those in the Host Q&A event, we are also addressing them on a rolling basis, in our Airbnb Answers series. We are regularly sharing new topic, so keep an eye out for the Airbnb Answers topics in this board. 🙂

Screenshot 1.png

To view this page, click on the ‘Discuss’ button on your Community Center header bar and drop down to ‘Host Q&A’.

We hope you find this a useful resource.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

14 Replies 14
Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @Lizzie , this is a great new feature.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is wonderful to hear, thanks so much @Ute42. 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lizziethank you! It's very useful to have these in one place.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Huma0, I'm so pleased you like it.

--------------------

Mikki0
Level 10
Long Beach, CA

How do we subit questions for the next round?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great question @Mikki0. So the next Q&A dates haven't been announced yet, as the lastest was just in October. 

The way it worked for the previous couple was that a few months before, we opened a designated area here in the Community Center where you could submit questions and/or support questions which other had asked. 

All details for the Q&As, including submitting questions are usually sent via email, so it's worth keeping an eye out and I also announce this here in the Community Center too. 

Once we have more information, I will let you know.

Thanks,

Lizzie 

--------------------

thanks @Lizzie - it's a handy resource to have 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It is fantastic to hear it is a useful resource @Rachel177. Thanks so much for letting me know your thoughts. 🙂

--------------------

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Good to have it all in one place. Thanks, @Lizzie!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw thanks @Lawrene0. 🙂

--------------------

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks

@Lizzie

@Lizzie

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

No problem @Helen427, glad it's helpful. 

--------------------

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

I just watched this entire video and was kind of blown away when the guy said he thinks that a guests first name and a bit of other insignificant info is enough for a host to agree to their booking and allow that person/people into their home to stay. 

I need to know the guests last name as well as AND A PHOTO OF THE PERSON THAT'S SUPPOSED TO ARRIVE AT MY HOME! I DEMAND THAT.  Otherwise, how do I know the person that booked, is the person that is arriving at my HOME. This is MY HOME airbnb. I need some security. Airbnb saying that it has verified each guest themselves does not give me a secure feeling. Show me what they look like and tell me their full name so I can do my own verification. 

No one in their right mind would allow an anonymous person (or people) with nothing but a first name & airbnb's assurance they they have verified them,  to come stay at their home. 

We need a last name and a photo (that matches the government ID) so we can do some very basic background checks on the person who wants to come stay AT OUR HOME WITH US! If airbnb can't understand that, they're going to lose lots of hosts. 

Thanks Lizzie