Your top 10 stories of 2018

Airbnb
Official Account

Your top 10 stories of 2018

369432_GettyImages-1026458356-foryou.jpg

From safety tips to product updates, the most popular stories from the past year continue to be helpful today. Check out all 10 articles. 

1. Meet Els, an Open Homes host in Rome

Els, of Belgium, wanted to pay forward the hospitality she received when she moved to Rome, so she signed up for the Open Homes program on Airbnb. When she welcomed Fode, the experience transformed both of their lives.

1. Home improvements with hosting in mind

Paint, personalize, and plenty of other home improvements—it’s time to get inspired. We gathered tips from hosts like yourself about how to upgrade a space without tearing up the house.

1. Easy access to customer service

At the Global Host Q&A, an important concern came through loud and clear: hosts need easy access to support and quick solutions. We’ve created a new way for hosts to contact Airbnb Customer Service—exactly when they need it.

1. Handle peak season like a pro

More bookings mean more check-ins and tighter cleaning schedules. Successful hosts share how they stay organized and efficient during the busiest times of year.

1. Safe hosting tips

Here are ways to help ensure your hosting experience and make your guests feel welcome at the same time.

1. We heard you: Update on essential amenities

Setting expectations and being accurate are keys to successful listings. Hosts told us Airbnb’s requirement to provide guests with amenities such as soap, towels, and other essentials was impacting success. So we answered: hosts can choose, but we strongly encourage hosts to include them.

1. The lowdown on pricing

You asked: You’re constantly pushing me to lower my price—why? Well, part of it is demand.
As for the other reasons, we address those in our improvements to Smart Pricing tools.

1. Decoding response and acceptance rates

What’s the difference between my response rate and acceptance rate? And how do these numbers affect me as a host? We have these answers, as well as advice on how to keep these rates high.

1. Meet the new reservations page

We asked hosts how we could improve the Reservations List. Then we redesigned the page from the ground up, incorporating host feedback to make it easier to find, to improve calendar syncing, and more.

1. Want more flexible pricing settings?

You’re in luck. The top story of 2018 shows you how to set different prices for stays longer than a week or month, and customize weekday vs. weekend pricing. We also have tips on how to apply fees for cleaning and additional guests.

32 Replies 32
Alvin51
Level 1
George Town, Malaysia

I am totally agreed with you, they do genuinely love our place, and leave a lot of private/public long thankful message for hosting them, but in the ranking they just give a 4/5 and they think is very good. Hahahaha ....

Ahmed22
Level 1
Hurghada, Egypt

How to know that I’m super host or not ? 

Hey Ahmed, I'm so sorry to hear about the recent tragedy at Giza, I've been there twice and security is always taken seriously. This will sadden all those in tourism and who live and work close by.  Re being a superhost, read the Airbnb information - they provide full information on what the requirements are and follow those. Otherwise, just do your best to make your guests have the best holiday possible. you are an important link in where they've come from and where they're going, and will talk about your place to others. Heather, Darwin, Australia

@Ahmed22 wrote:

How to know that I’m super host or not ?