Advertisements for refugees in Ukraine have been canceled

Advertisements for refugees in Ukraine have been canceled

Good evening!
My ad has been canceled. This is because my account is new, created after the start of the war with Russia. I understand that this is Airbnb's policy against fraudsters. However, my ad is not fraudulent. I had several bookings from foreigners who did not come, reported that this is support for me. But there were people who lived in me, finding ads on Airbnb. I still want to rent out my home, it helps both the refugees and me. My wife and I were forced to leave Kyiv for the Lviv region, in the city of Truskavets at the beginning of the war. I have two apartments here. My parents, my wife and I live in one, and the other began to be handed over to refugees. His wife is survived by his parents, young brothers and grandmother in occupied Kherson, who live in a bomb shelter. Everyone lost their jobs because of the war. So I repeat, this announcement was a great way to help my family and other people in need. Without your service, it will simply be empty. Please resume my canceled ad. If necessary, I can provide photos and other evidence you need to confirm my words.

10 Replies 10
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@Ігор5 ..  You might find this article of help in way of explanation

https://www.wired.com/story/airbnb-ukraine-listings-donations/

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ігор5

I'm sorry to hear your listing was suspended. In addition to @Kate867's response, I wanted to check if you had a chance to contact Customer Support in order to explain your perspective on this and try to find a solution with them directly? 

Let us know how it goes, and I hope you and your family are staying safe!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Support does not suit me. I heard that support for other Ukrainians is not appropriate. Surprisingly, in the news, on Twitter, Airbnb and Brian Chesky say that they support Ukrainians in every possible way, but in fact block Ukrainian ads.

Kate867
Level 10

@Ігор5   As you stated, your listing was new and created this month which is the problem here.  The initiative to ‘book and not stay’ was started to support existing hosts, generally a single room within a home share in the hardest hit areas.   Unfortunately, once people started to book these rooms, many many more started to create new ads, in some cases as many as 30.   Airbnb had waived all their fees for taking bookings for existing hosts so we’re doing this work for no payment, in addition, they were then having to deal with these new listings, again with no payment.  However you can still offer your place to refugees for free as so many other people have internationally.  Airbnb.org have worked hard and  have partners who ‘match’ refugees up with places to stay.  Alternatively, there may be other internet platforms where you can offer your property to people within the Ukraine who need somewhere to go.  I am really sorry for all that is happening to you and in the Ukraine and hope that peace will soon be restored.

Thanks for the answer.

I am still a member of Airbnb.org, but no one has contacted me yet because of this program, I suspect that it is difficult for a refugee to register there.

Yes, I have a new ad, it's new because I started helping with housing from the beginning of the war, I didn't need to help people with housing before the war. I am ready to pass any test that would confirm that the housing is genuine, but Airbnb support is not responsible.

All other platforms where you can place ads about the room in the apartment - also stopped registration from Ukraine. I do not understand such sanctions against Ukraine.

Kate867
Level 10

@Ігор5   There are no sanctions as such, but international travel and flights to the Ukraine are either not allowed or strongly discouraged due to safety issues.  Therefore, it would be irresponsible for Companies to allow new advertisements for places to stay within the Ukraine during the war.  It would be ideal if Airbnb could allow listings, both new and old to be open for booking by Ukrainian Residents only which would allow genuine refugees to apply and book your apartment.  However, I don’t see how this logistically could be done.    I see from your (now suspended listing) that you have six reviews from international guests taken in March, which presumably means you had payment, yet the guests did not stay.  This also means that Ukrainians would not have been able to book these dates as they were already in use.  If you did have Ukrainian refugees  staying during that period then presumably you offered them this accommodation via ‘word of mouth’ or by some other internal means of communication in which case you could do it this way again?   Airbnb support will help as much as they can, but they will have been given clear instructions with regards to new listings which they will have to abide by.  

Yes, while my ad was open - reservations were made only by foreigners. Ukrainian refugees did not make reservations, but they saw the accommodation and wrote to me through Airbnb and I accepted them as refugees. At the moment, it seems that neither foreigners nor refugees can see the ads and do not see my contacts.

Roman442
Level 2
Kharkiv, Ukraine

Hello @Kate867  and @Emilie 

Hope you can help me with this problem.

A lot of time has already passed since my appeal about blocking my board on the Airbnb service and still have not received a clear answer, they just asked me to wait. Although I was convinced otherwise that my application would be considered in a short period.
Why such a bad attitude towards the owners?

Once again I repeat, now and here. My board does not apply to "created new board". My board was still created in 2015, there are reviews, rating, reputation and credibility. Kharkiv, Ukraine.  https://www.airbnb.com/h/kharkovapartment

Please return my board to the "published" state. check more scrupulously, please.

When I try to independently edit my board in the "published" status, it tells me: "You can't add new board in Ukraine to your account right now."
Why is he writing to me about this?
I don't want to ADD a new board, I just want to update my board.

I hope I have explained my situation clearly.Inkedайрбнб_LI.jpg

With respect, Roman

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Roman442 I have nudged the team so hopefully you can get an answer soon! I appreciate your patience, and will let you know if I have any more news on my end!

Stay safe 🙂

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Emilie Thanks a lot. I will be very grateful if you help me with this problem. I hope the company looks into this matter. Because this case dragged on for a long time and I want to solve it as soon as possible.

Roman