How you can help refugees fleeing Ukraine

How you can help refugees fleeing Ukraine

CatherinePowell_0-1646072771460.jpeg

Hi everyone, 

I’m Catherine, Airbnb’s Global Head of Hosting. Over the past week, so many lives have been devastated by the unfolding scenes of violence in Ukraine. In this moment of global crisis, we’re turning our attention to how we can help. 

We want to let you know that Airbnb.org has committed to offering free, short-term housing for up to 100,000 refugees fleeing Ukraine. Airbnb.org will provide funding and support for nonprofit partners on the ground who will directly facilitate temporary stays for refugees.

We have heard from Hosts who have been directly affected by the violence or are worried for family and friends in the region. And I’ve been heartened to hear from so many of you who want to get involved and help, and in the coming days, we’ll have more details about how you can do so. 

In the meantime, you can sign up to provide emergency housing in your area or make a donation to Airbnb.org’s Refugee Fund. To learn more about Airbnb.org and the effort to temporarily house refugees fleeing Ukraine, head to the Resource Center

We’ll be in touch with more very soon. If you have questions or suggestions, you can always tag me directly on the Community Center: @Catherine-Powell 

Until then, take good care of yourselves and each other. 

Catherine

135 Replies 135
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Amy2223, how inspiring! I  can confirm that Airbnb is temporarily waiving guest and Host fees on bookings in Ukraine at this time. 🙂 

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Здравствуйте. Меня зовут Александр и я из Украины. Хочу полюбить каждого из Вас, кто помогает знакомым матерям, жёнам и детям получить убежище за пределами Украины. Я же остаюсь в Украине, нам тяжело но мы выстоим. России не склонны сломить и одержать победу над нами. Спасибо каждому за Вашу поддержку.

Alex Egorov

Message above translates as

Hello. My name is Alexander and I am from Ukraine. I want to love each of you who help mothers, wives and children I know to get asylum outside of Ukraine. I stay in Ukraine, it's hard for us, but we will survive. Russia is not inclined to break and defeat us. Thanks everyone for your support.

@Александр161 @Natalia1119 @Ivan1879 

European states must support each other in their efforts to stand with Ukraine. Unity and solidarity are our strengths. No EU state should have to bear the burdens of supporting Ukraine alone.

Welcome Ukrainian refugees in every part of Europe.

Parisien street art at Rue Buot, 75013 Paris. A unique reception center for refugees  has just opened in the 18th arrondissement. Paris is also setting up, with the State, a whole network of arrangement for Ukrainians arriving in the capital.Parisien street art at Rue Buot, 75013 Paris. A unique reception center for refugees has just opened in the 18th arrondissement. Paris is also setting up, with the State, a whole network of arrangement for Ukrainians arriving in the capital.

Thank you very much again.🇺🇦🫂💙💛

Alex Egorov

English translation of @Александр161  post

Hello. My name is Alexander and I am from Ukraine. I want to love each of you who helps familiar mothers, wives and children to seek refuge outside Ukraine. I stay in Ukraine, it's hard for us but we will survive. Russia is not inclined to break and win over us. Thank you all for your support.

Ivan1879
Level 4
Kiev, Ukraine

Dear Airbnb community! Thank you very very much! I get many bookings my apartment in Kyiv through last two days. It is incredible. Today we are thinking not about myself, we are thinking of the needy. Part of the your money, I will spend on medical needs for the defenders of Kyiv, and parts for the children of orphans, who remained in Kyiv in bomb shelters. All Ukrainians fill your support and your warmth 

@Ivan1879 It is brilliant to see the generosity of hosts outside Ukraine is being more than matched by the generosity of those in Ukraine.

Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

Russia is going to implement a law today imposing a 15 year prison sentence on anyone who contradicts the Russian narrative about what is going on in Ukraine.

I don't see how this forum - and indeed the whole platform - can continue functioning in the Russian market under these conditions?   

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Ivy200
Level 2
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I keep trying to book Airbnbs in the Ukraine to support people there but Airbnb says they are doing a "routine review" of my account and I'll have to wait until at least tomorrow. Is anyone else running into this problem? I'm not actually trying to stay anywhere (I am in the US). I'm just renting to get some money to the Ukrainians. 

My mother, 70 years old, left Kharkov on an evacuation train, she needs help with getting to her daughter in Munich, she and her husband will meet her at München Hauptbahnhof, my family and I are in the Carpathians,  I am war invalid and even now a refugee 😞 if possible, please tell my wife ** viber whatsapp telegram

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

We have a Superhost reward coupon we would like to use in Poland so that a Polish host can benfit. Is this allowed?

Ivan1879
Level 4
Kiev, Ukraine

Dear Airbnb friends! Dear Airbnb community! I get a lot of reservations of my flats in Kyiv. First I would like to tell all of you THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH! I’m ok, safe an hope will be ok tomorrow, but I think all of you knows about this madness in my country. Today we are thinking about our defenders, but some times we forget about orphans. Many children around Ukraine, who lost their parents are the most  vulnerable. Mostly your money I’ll give for them and other in need! Today I offer 400$ for orphans and they tell you “thank you”!84082BD5-016C-4A72-A012-9F57C3DD6328.jpeg