Our Host Community’s inspirational effort to support Ukraine

Our Host Community’s inspirational effort to support Ukraine

CatherinePowell_0-1646072771460.jpeg

Hi everyone,

I want to share a sincere thank you to our Host community. While I am not surprised by your acts of kindness and generosity, I am truly overwhelmed by the outpouring of support we are seeing from Hosts around the world as it relates to the situation in Ukraine. 

So far, nearly 20,000 Hosts have expressed a willingness to open up their homes through Airbnb.org to accept those who are fleeing Ukraine. This is yet another reminder of the compassion that drives so much of our work and makes this community very special. 

For those who want to help, there are two ways: either do what you do best and become a Host by signing up here, or if you are unable to host, donate to Airbnb.org’s Refugee Fund. You can also learn more about Airbnb.org and their initiatives for Ukrainian refugees during this crisis by heading to the Resource Center.

I also want to thank our Hosts for contributing your ideas and sharing such heartwarming stories across our Community Center, in various Host Clubs and with the Community Support team. We’ve been reading these carefully and sharing them with the teams here at Airbnb. I can say that our hearts are incredibly full. 

Jennifer Port, our Host Advisory Board Member from Severn, Ontario shared, “This will be our second time participating in Airbnb.org.” She has found her community supportive of her decision to open her home: “If we are able to host a Ukrainian guest … the community will be rallying around to provide clothes, food, meals, rides, interpretation, employment, and the list goes on.”

This past weekend, I also learned that @Samantha744 from North Lincolnshire in Britain will soon be welcoming three generations of Ukrainian women to her home. And another member of our Host community, @Ольга146, from Zhytomyr, Ukraine, shared that she had to flee her home and this is her experience: “We were sheltered by a family member of Airbnb in Germany. I have never felt such care for such support…. Thank you for being there.” 

There is so much kindness in the world and we are seeing it on full display right now. I look forward to hearing more empowering stories from you so please continue tagging me in your posts by typing @Catherine-Powell. I read them all. I learn from them and I share what I learn from our conversations.

Thinking of you all warmly at this difficult time,

Catherine

27 Replies 27

Здравствуйте. Я из Украины. Акция в плане помощи хозяев в Украине окончена? Не могу поменять объявление (допустил ошибку) Деактивировал его, а опубликовать теперь не могу.  😞

Hello. I'm from Ukraine. Is the campaign in terms of helping hosts in Ukraine over? I can’t change the ad (I made a mistake) I deactivated it, but now I can’t publish it. 😞

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sergey109

It's not over, we continue to support those most impacted in any way we can! The best way to get help via the Airbnb platform in light of this crisis is to go via Airbnb.org. If you or your family is in need of emergency housing support, please head to this page to get more help. 🙂

I hope you and your loved ones are staying safe!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Я так думаю людина питає чому його український акаунт призупинено, а не потребує житла...

Мій український акаунт також призупинили 5 днів тому у зв'язку з "перевіркою".

I think a person asks why his Ukrainian account is suspended and does not need housing...

By the way, my account was also suspended 5 days ago due to a check.

Hello everybody! Thanks to everyone who helps Ukraine in this terrible time of war! The war made me lose my job. My family and I decided not to leave the country and stay here until the very victory, no matter how hard it was. In the news, I saw a story that on this site you can get financial assistance. It is very uncomfortable to ask for help like this.. But in the last three days, there have already been two kind people who helped me.. If you have the opportunity, please help financially, book my apartment.

This is my second comment on this discussion. Today we made a gift for the children of Ukraine from many airbnb users. Basic necessities for children were purchased, thanks to funds from booking apartments. We continue to help those in need.

A big thank you to the entire Airbnb family. Thank you for your apartment bookings. I want to inform you that thanks to your support, dozens of children from Ukraine will receive diapers No. 6 and No. 4 and baby food. You are the best, thanks also to the administration for the opportunity to get help in the form of a reservation. Many thanks to everyone: these goods will go to single mothers, orphans and children with disabilities. Ukraine will win and our children will grow up in a free and democratic country!

Screenshot_20220313-014318_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220313-014349_Gallery.jpg

  

IMG-7a2428ec9159a88cdd20dcf04ee17e2d-V.jpg

received_502089861536539.jpeg

Alex Egorov
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Александр161 Your incredible work to help all these children is remarkable, thanks for sharing your story with us!

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

The Homesharing Club Baden-Württemberg emptied its piggy bank:

Spende HSC BW.jpg

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Till-and-Jutta0 Amazing, how very generous of everyone in the Club! 

-----

Огромное Вам спасибо, что помогаете в это трудное время Украинскому народу! Мне пришлось из-за войны отправить свою семью в Польшу, а свою квартиру разместить Air bnb, и на следующий день   люди откликнулись и забронировали мою квартиру. Пусть Бог благословит их, желаю всего самого лучшего этим людям!!! Спасибо сообществу Airbnb!!!

Thank you so much for helping the Ukrainian people at this difficult time! Because of the war, I had to send my family to Poland and place my apartment with Air bnb, and the next day people responded and booked my apartment. May God bless them, I wish all the best to these people!!! Thanks to the Airbnb community!!!

John5095
Level 1
Harbor Springs, MI

I currently contribute to the Open Homes foundation, but would like to increase the amount.  How do I do that?  

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @John5095! Thanks for the support! Is this perhaps the link (click here) you're looking for? If you click on 'other' you can fill in the amount you'd like to donate. 

Let me know if that works for you. 

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hello! I continue my photo report to the airbnb family to help Ukrainians.

During the war in Ukraine, I had the opportunity to communicate with many members of the large airbnb family. Many of you booked my apartments, and I promised that all funds from booking apartments would go to good deoa and support for Ukrainian children and the elderly. In the last comment, you saw the first part of the purchase and distribution of essentials. I want to thank all of you, because it is thanks to each of you that these people received this support.

I continue the report: Yesterday we bought a batch of children's overalls for children under 1 year old and things for children from 6 to 13 years old. We have purchased baby food for children from 0 to 3 years old. We purchased long-term food for people over 75 years old and much more. Thanks for your kindness. Kindness will save the world!

received_682637389719270.jpeg

Screenshot_20220318-180658_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220318-180636_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220318-182855_Gallery.jpg

  

Screenshot_20220318-182834_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220318-180749_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220318-182139_Gallery.jpg

  

received_287715433436982.jpeg

Alex Egorov
Cora29
Level 2
Fountain, CO

Thankful to see the full translation has now been posted. I want to point out here that there is a new offer out that doubles gifts to Airbnb.org until March 31. It means when people give to help Ukraine right now that giving is being matched so that it is double the amount that goes to help.