UK AirBnB.org Hosting Ukrainians

Karen3294
Level 2
Cuddington, United Kingdom

UK AirBnB.org Hosting Ukrainians

Has anyone managed to host Ukrainians in the UK through the AirBnB.org scheme?

We have 2 Ukrainian refugees arriving next week as part of the UK visa scheme, we’d like to put them up in our AirBnB which is registered on AirBnB.org but support just direct us to the main blurb… which says they need to be referred by the partner humanitarian agencies

The Ukrainian family have an AirBnB account have tried to explore from their end too. All we want is to ensure that we don’t lose superhost status for housing in our AirBnB for a significant period time until the war is over..

Anyone UK based managed to get through the red tape to get their families booked in through AirBnB.org??

5 Replies 5
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Karen3294

I'm really sorry you've not had a reply on this until now. I've shared some information in another discussion, but just to make sure it gets to you I wanted to pop it here as well. 🙂

At this time, guests can only be referred to the program through Airbnb.org’s nonprofit partners. In the event that our intake process changes, any updates will be posted on the website: airbnb.org/help-ukraine.

Let us know how everything goes!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Karen3294
Level 2

Thanks for this, I think the lack of responses possibly means that the UK visa scheme bypassed the need for agencies to get involved and so UK hosts fall outside the scheme as many families are applying direct… ? 
I will keep checking for updates! 
thank you!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Karen3294 

If you are offering refugees accommodation you don't need to go through Airbnb.org  you can just do this directly.

Karen3294
Level 2

Thanks @Helen3, my guests from Ukraine are staying in my place but it means that it’s not registered as a booking so I will not maintain my Superhost status. 

Unless you know of a way to give them free accommodation without costing either party anything and still registering as a stay?

They are here under the UK visa Homes for Ukraine scheme.

Thanks!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Karen3294 

If you have kindly accepted refugees under our government scheme for Ukrainian refugees this has nothing to do with Airbnb.

So I'm afraid that's not possible.