25 upgrades for Hosts, from calendar to checkout

Airbnb
Official Account

25 upgrades for Hosts, from calendar to checkout

Your feedback inspired the upgrades we announced on May 3 in the Airbnb 2023 Summer Release. Hosts who opted into Early Access are already using many of the new features, which begin rolling out to everyone in June.

The latest tools help you do things like:

• Compare your price to the average prices of similar listings nearby
  • Easily set and adjust pricing from your calendar
  • Send quick replies with built-in checkout instructions
  • Get read receipts, so you can tell if your messages have been read
  • Share payouts and more account permissions with your Co-Hosts

We also introduced Airbnb Rooms, featuring the Host Passport. If you Host a private room in your home, you can now share more details about yourself with guests in your profile. A new Rooms Category at the top of our homepage highlights some of these listings. And updated search filters make it simple for guests to switch between rooms, homes, and other types of places.

Which feature are you most excited about?     

Select any link below to learn more and discuss these upgrades:

👉New pricing tool compares similar listings nearby   

👉Redesigned pricing tools, all in your calendar 

👉Making your calendar easier to manage in the app

👉Control what Co-Hosts can access and share payouts 

👉Introducing checkout instructions and reminders
👉You asked, we delivered: Announcing read receipts

👉Airbnb Rooms, an all-new take on private rooms

Updated on June 6, 2023

82 Replies 82

it took me three times to reply to you that way that was acceptable and not come back CHANGED IN RED  !!

You are welcome! Your experience sounds terrifying.  Glad you were safe and  hope you get and stay Covid free.  Take care.

I have had a homeless couple stay, a criminal & a drug addict.. no warning from Airbnb 

@Stephanie Are you telling  @Mandrake-And-Karen0 not to speak up?

Reads that way to me but that won't stop us from using this platform to give feedback whether or not they like it. 

Otherwise this Host Circle is just a front, a pretend feedback space that is controlled by Airbnb.

It doesn’t work for me I have to go into a desktop settings. I fear this is gonna be another frustrating “thing.”

I do not like the fact that you can no longer see or input a note on the calendar unless you use a desktop/laptop pc.  Before we could use our mobile app, much more convenient.  

Thanks @Kevin-And-Linda0 as I mostly work on portable devices rushing between daily activities; this snippet of information is important to know in advance as I use my notes. So I won’t be opting in to try the upgrades anytime soon. I need the most flexible means to operate as a host. I host from wherever i am or I need to be. Watching the tv, camping 100kms from home, in my art studio etc. I don’t need to formally set up on a lap top for wifi, nor want to….

Eg: Portable devices are so important these days. I was having my own few days camping with limited cellular data and was hot spotting my iPad to my phone to send messages to two enquiring guests whilst “out bush”. 

My laptop would have been dead in the water as I didn’t take it with me and rarely use it for Airbnb.

I use to be able to see my notes on my Desktop. However, since the upgrade they have disappeared - the Calendar is now very frustrating and unworkable !! 😞 

I agree.

Martin3344
Level 7
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

The upgrades sound great !

My only concern is the 'Early Access' option which appears to have been rolled out pretty widely across the user base, with no particular rationale given to us for that option. It suggests to me that this option may perhaps therefore effectively be intended as some sort of beta test of the software upgrade by the part of the host community who choose that option, prior to the final rollout of the upgrade.

This could perhaps mean that there may still be glitches in the new software, which will be discovered by early host users, with no option then apparently for them to revert to the current version if serious problems arise. I am not in a rush and will therefore just wait until the updated software is certain to be sufficiently robust before taking on the enhancements. I am very much looking forward to them though in due course 🙂

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Martin3344 

That's completely fair - it is 100% optional to opt-in at this time so you can read what your fellow Hosts make off the updates here in the CC in the meantime. Appreciate your  enthusiasm regardless!

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Jaideep1
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi, So I opted in for the early access and I cannot seem to see the new upgrades on the calendar screen. The settings gear wheel is disappeared and in fact the dates etc and the entire calender itself is unresponsive to any selection. I haven't tried out the desktop / browser as yet, but I am unable to make use the calendar for anything the mobile application.

As, someone mentioned in the thread, it's possible that the early access program is like a beta testing feature and probably has some bugs in it?

Unfortunately I can't roll back to the earlier version as mentioned in the disclaimer... So you guess I would have to wait and see what happens ...

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Jaideep1 , I'm sorry to hear about this! Could you tell us what device you're using? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Jaideep1
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi Sybe

It's a One Plus running Android 13