25 upgrades for Hosts, from calendar to checkout

Airbnb
Official Account

25 upgrades for Hosts, from calendar to checkout

Your feedback inspired the upgrades we announced on May 3 in the Airbnb 2023 Summer Release. Hosts who opted into Early Access are already using many of the new features, which begin rolling out to everyone in June.

The latest tools help you do things like:

• Compare your price to the average prices of similar listings nearby
  • Easily set and adjust pricing from your calendar
  • Send quick replies with built-in checkout instructions
  • Get read receipts, so you can tell if your messages have been read
  • Share payouts and more account permissions with your Co-Hosts

We also introduced Airbnb Rooms, featuring the Host Passport. If you Host a private room in your home, you can now share more details about yourself with guests in your profile. A new Rooms Category at the top of our homepage highlights some of these listings. And updated search filters make it simple for guests to switch between rooms, homes, and other types of places.

Which feature are you most excited about?     

Select any link below to learn more and discuss these upgrades:

👉New pricing tool compares similar listings nearby   

👉Redesigned pricing tools, all in your calendar 

👉Making your calendar easier to manage in the app

👉Control what Co-Hosts can access and share payouts 

👉Introducing checkout instructions and reminders
👉You asked, we delivered: Announcing read receipts

👉Airbnb Rooms, an all-new take on private rooms

Updated on June 6, 2023

82 Replies 82
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Jesse192,

Thanks for sharing this with us. I have gone ahead and shared your feedback with the relevant team.  I'll reach out to you if any more information is needed or if I have any updates.

I'd recommend also to send this feedback to Airbnb directly as well. You can do this for all Airbnb 2023 Summer Release features by going to Early Access in your Hosting menu.

Regards,

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Already have.  Waste of time.  Releasing host passport is indicative of Airbnb not listening.

Stephen1004
Level 7
Los Angeles, CA

Too many releases.  Please put all that effort into improving customer service.

Stephen
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

I was discussing with a friend (and fellow host) about the new upgrades today. The one we really got a laugh about was the Host Passport being a complete contradiction in terms. The origin of the word, Passport, is a document that granted one passage through a port. In order to pass through a port, one must travel.

Hosts are not the ones traveling; GUESTS are. Should not they be the ones with the passports?

344742629_1718181325284743_6045096613426795133_n.jpg

Yes, no brainer for us hosts.  Read the conversation that I started in another thread about the Guest Passport being a necessity.  

Kevin129
Level 6
Hove, United Kingdom

For anyone that has experienced the annoying bug of searches showing a different photo than the one selected as cover photo I have found that deleting the photo and then uploading again has fixed the problem (for now at least). 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hey @Kevin129 ,

Thank you so much for coming back, updating us, and helping @Jesse192 with the solution below! It is really kind of you! 

I wanted to let you know that we had also shared this with the concerned team to check as well.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Jean174
Level 5
Long Beach, CA

I LOVE the focus on rooms -- this takes Airbnb back to its roots as offering a welcoming host who is part ambassador, advisor, and tour guide, offering their expertise as well as a great, clean, safe, and affordable place to stay.  BRAVO!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jean174 ,

Thank you so much for your feedback! 

I took the liberty of moving your comment to this thread so that other Hosts can add to the valued discussions regarding the summer release!

Have you tried out the early access yet?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Jean174 

Yes! You hit the nail squarely on the head! Thank you!

Amanda468
Level 8
London, United Kingdom

Thank you! 🙂

I see this is in 'beta'...I was stoked to see permissions for co-hosts. I very much want a co-host, but not to give them full control over my business/property. 

It seems the new permissions don't quite hit the spot for me. Like most hosts, I would love to take a couple of weeks' vacation every year, when someone else will help my guests with their everyday queries and pre-trip questions. 

Can we have an "inbox only" option please? Or an "inbox and *view* calendar"? 

I'm in the UK, most of my guests are in the US and other very different time zones. I'd love to have a US-based co-host better serve my future guests by messaging them immediately, for instance. 

I don't want co-hosts to be able to change nightly prices, block/unblock dates, or other calendar functionality. I would love to have their help providing an optimum communication service to guests, and freeing me up from unexpected work on holidays, weekends, dates, at the movies, etc... 

Surely I can't be the only one...? Thank you! 🙂

Petar84
Level 2
Selce, Croatia

@Airbnb  how about the feature of minimum stay per day and check-in/check-out per day setting?

10 jours 

Oliver255
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

For some reason they've moved the custom trip length to a new availability tab, making it so much harder to view and edit custom trip lengths for different dates. It's also very buggy meaning it will delete any custom trip lengths you've set up in the previous version and it won't let you add any custom trips later than Augusts! I can't even work out where they've moved the custom check in / check out options. Before all these were visible along with the price etc on the same screen. It's a total car crash. I wish I'd never opted into the early access. 

Jane0
Level 7
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Regarding the “compare” mine is not working! I can only see the total price and write some note, the compare with other homes close to me, doesn’t appear to me at all.

someone knows why it is happening?