25 upgrades for Hosts, from calendar to checkout

Airbnb
Official Account

25 upgrades for Hosts, from calendar to checkout

Your feedback inspired the upgrades we announced on May 3 in the Airbnb 2023 Summer Release. Hosts who opted into Early Access are already using many of the new features, which begin rolling out to everyone in June.

The latest tools help you do things like:

• Compare your price to the average prices of similar listings nearby
  • Easily set and adjust pricing from your calendar
  • Send quick replies with built-in checkout instructions
  • Get read receipts, so you can tell if your messages have been read
  • Share payouts and more account permissions with your Co-Hosts

We also introduced Airbnb Rooms, featuring the Host Passport. If you Host a private room in your home, you can now share more details about yourself with guests in your profile. A new Rooms Category at the top of our homepage highlights some of these listings. And updated search filters make it simple for guests to switch between rooms, homes, and other types of places.

Which feature are you most excited about?     

Select any link below to learn more and discuss these upgrades:

👉New pricing tool compares similar listings nearby   

👉Redesigned pricing tools, all in your calendar 

👉Making your calendar easier to manage in the app

👉Control what Co-Hosts can access and share payouts 

👉Introducing checkout instructions and reminders
👉You asked, we delivered: Announcing read receipts

👉Airbnb Rooms, an all-new take on private rooms

Updated on June 6, 2023

82 Replies 82
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Thanks @Jaideep1 , I'll let the team know and I'll reach out to you if we need more info.

I'd recommend to send this feedback to Airbnb directly as well. You can do this for all Airbnb 2023 Summer Release features by going to Early Access in your Hosting menu, selecting one of the features, and clicking or tapping "Share feedback". 😃

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Sybe I am experiencing this same issue on both iPhone 14 and new macbook pro. 

I'm also experiencing this issue on iPhone 13 Pro and my MacBook Pro! Super frustrating!!

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Luke603 @Jennifer3807 Thank you so much for letting us know! I've forwarded it to the team now, they're working hard on a fix for this. 🙂

-----

Kevin129
Level 6
Hove, United Kingdom

One of my listings is not showing the "cover photo" in searches. Instead it's showing the kitchen. Is there some aspect of the release that relates to photo selection? 

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Kevin129 ! The Airbnb 2022 Summer and Winter releases introduced some updates in regards to the search. You can find a full overview of all 25 updates of this Summer Release here 👈

-----

@Sybe something also changed in this release regarding which photo is displayed in search results.  I went through quite a bit of trouble tweaking my photos after the Summer 2022 release, to get my desired photo displayed in search results.  The search photo was stable since then, until it suddenly changed again with this latest release.

Ah so it's not just me. Interesting. 

Hi @Jesse192 

Deleting the photo and uploading it again has worked for me. 

My listing now shows the cover photo. 

Best wishes, 

Kevin

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Kevin129 @Jesse192 , 

We were able to come up with an update that a photo that is deemed better quality may be selected as your Room listing photo.

Hosts always have the option to remove the photo from their listing page. You may also like to look into how to change photos for your listing here.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Bhumika 

Thanks for getting back and for the update. 

Can you clarify what is mean by "better quality" here and is the decision being made by a human or software? 

The guy that i reported this to in customer services said it was a bug. Did you hear that this is intended behaviour of the platform? 

Best wishes, 

Kevin

Yes and they all suck.

Stephen
Kevin129
Level 6
Hove, United Kingdom

Hi @Sybe 

Yes but this cover photo issue is new (at least on my listings). 

I check my listings frequently (several times a week) and this is the first time I have seen this issue. 

Do you have any channel to enquire?

I will of course try the customer service guys but in my experience they are not able to answer these kind of questions. 

Many thanks, 

Kevin

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Kevin129 and @Jesse192 

Thanks for jumping in to give your feedback about the new cover photo issue you've discovered.

As @Sybe has mentioned elsewhere in this thread, we'd recommend you send this feedback to Airbnb directly - though I have noted it at our side as well.

You can share feedback for all Airbnb 2023 Summer Release features by going to 
Early Access in your Hosting menu, selecting one of the features, and clicking or tapping "Share feedback". 

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Jesse192
Level 6
Boulder, CO

Why has the listing photo displayed in search results changed with this release?  Previously the photo displayed in search results was the photo I'd selected as my Cover Photo.  Now some other randomly selected photo is displayed instead.

Yes, I know there were some changes related to this in the 2022 Summer Release.  But that doesn't explain why the displayed photo changed now.