5th Anniversary! Month of Celebration 2021

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

5th Anniversary! Month of Celebration 2021

Nick_1-1637149914824.png

Hiya everyone!

Since December 2017, we have held the annual Month of Celebrations here in the Community Center throughout December, which means that this time around is our fifth anniversary! Wow, time does fly when you are among great company 😃

For those of you who haven't heard of this before, the "rules" couldn't be simpler:

Each December day, a different community member posts a new topic about something positive! This can be a nice story, personal experience, tips, milestones, traditions, fun facts... whatever gives you a smile! Each time, we have shared some great conversations and laughs.

Last year we had some great topics, including @Deborah82 with Things which brought us joy and festive carols from @Cathie19 with It's beginning to sound a lot like Christmas

I hope you will all enjoy this dose of positivity whether you get involved or just fancy reading and sharing your thoughts on others' posts 😄

Screenshot 2021-12-30 at 12.23.29.png

A huge thank you to every member of this CC - we couldn't do it without you!

If you want to get involved, please reply to this thread, letting us know which day(s) you would like to post your topic. 

Enjoy! ❤️ 

Nick, @Liv, @Quincy & @Stephanie

157 Replies 157

Yes of course we are 😊

Aloha! Yes, I love Christmas as well!  I leave simple decorations so that guests will have some Christmas cheer in our home-wreath, small tree, and for me, a Hawaiian Santa.🏝

@Tiffany578 I did last year -decorated 3 trees and strung a few lights outside . I ran out of time with the last house and left the ornaments  in a bowl and forgot to leave a note explaining . To my surprise my guests were thrilled I left the tree decorating for their family to do . I hadn’t thought about that .. so it worked out really great , I plan on doing it at all the houses this year. 

Kristin

Here in Uganda, decoration is not the usual thing for families, it's the food that does the magic. lots and lots of food and drinks.

I have in the past always put a small tree up also a small gift under it for my guests. This year I  am not accepting guests over the Christmas period as spending it with my grand children whom I have not seen enough of because of covid.

Marlene76
Level 7
Montana, United States

I’ll sign up for December 1–it’s Hanukkah.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

You got it @Marlene76 - Thank you! 🎉

Lisa1980
Level 3
Stowe, VT

Thanks @Nick Dec 16 I'd love to talk about the "family" of guests we have grown to know. 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Lisa1980 - It looks like @Rita2164 has also asked for that day (I'm looking at the comments chronologically to be fair as to who is doing what), but you can both post on the day; there is no problem 😃

Alternatively, you can send me the topic beforehand, and I can post it on your behalf on that or any other day.

I will send Direct Messages to everyone taking part so we can discuss further as soon as I finish going through the comments and updating the photo of the calendar here with everyone's names.

Nick I chose the 12 December not 16 December.

Jennifer3056
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

December 22 would live to share something. Not sure what...lol. my homes are in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Looking forward  to great conversations.

Jennifer
Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Jennifer3056 🙏 It can be anything as long as it is positive - I'm linking below the lineup from the last two years to help those creative juices flow 😃

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/2020-Month-of-Celebration-Lineup/m-p/1380233#M328558

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/2019-Month-of-Celebration-Lineup/m-p/1188538#M287374

Lucille-and-Alan0
Level 7
Toronto, Canada

I'll take December 24 if it's avaialble

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Absolutely, @Lucille-and-Alan0 all yours! Can't wait to see what we are going to have on Christmas eve! 🎄

As an AirbnB host rookie -- newbie-- how can I just enjoy everyone's posts without signing up myself?