Airbnb 2022 Summer Release: What you need to know

Airbnb
Official Account

Airbnb 2022 Summer Release: What you need to know

Our 2022 Summer Release represents the biggest change to Airbnb in a decade. We’re introducing:

• Airbnb Categories: A new way to search that makes it easy for guests to discover millions of homes they never knew existed

• Split Stays: An innovative feature that pairs two listings when a guest searches for a longer stay

• AirCover: The most comprehensive protection in travel, included for free with every stay

Get all the details on the Resource Center, and tell us: Will you be updating your listing for Airbnb Categories and Split Stays? How will you update it?

1,048 Replies 1,048
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Nancy1633 

@Till-and-Jutta0 shared his experience as a Host using the platform, the same as countless other Hosts have done so for the Summer release and many other elements of the Airbnb platform. Please refrain from addressing any members of this Community in such an accusatory way - it goes against our Community Guidelines. 

Till is entitled to share his experience, opinions and feedback about the Airbnb platform, as are all the members of the CC. You may, of course, share your feedback on the summer release but please do not target it at any individual here. 

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie  

Stephanie, that characterization is not exactly correct. @Till-and-Jutta0  prefaced their comment by stating that they were on the Host Advisory Board, then described (in essence, not verbatim) how easy it was to navigate the new platform search and capped it off saying that the only change to the search  "appears to be" that titles were removed.

Really?

My apologies if my tone was indignant, but what an incredible, insensitive thing for a Host Advisory Board member to say to the dozens of suffering Hosts who've reported (other)  serious problems in detail with the platform redesign such as their listings not appearing on the map, whose bookings have disappeared, who are suffering financially in the aftermath of the Summer Release.  

So, I respect what you have to say. Just putting it all in its correct context.  Thanks. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Nancy1633 ,

I have to disagree, you can scroll up and see @Till-and-Jutta0 's comment in full makes no mention of his position on the board. I have highlighted to the comment here.

When posting as a member of the board, all members are required to make mention that they are doing so. Here's an example:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Airbnb-Updates/Thanks-to-the-generosity-of-Hosts-Airbnb-org-surp... 

You can see the mention in italics. Whether a HAB member or not, there is a human being behind the screen that is doing their best to contribute to a discussion in their own way. I hope we can move forward together, as the community I know we can be. 

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

@Stephanie 

Fair enough. The "Host Advisory Board Member" credentials were a caption at the top.  

My apologies for this distraction. The issue is the correlation between the Summer Release and Host bookings falling off a cliff.  

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Nancy1633 ,

It's a great point, and we will look at ways to really exemplify what I was saying more clearly from the post point, to help manage our Host communities expectations.

And yes, please do continue to share your thoughts on the Summer release - they are always welcome.

Thanks

-----

I just searched in Tulum, i used filter

1 entire place, it showed up only 18 properties, before it used to be more than 3,000

2 flat, the same 18 properties

still I can’t find entire buildings… or even mine

from more than 3,000 to 18 … come on Airbnb …

EA265D69-12B3-4E37-BC23-CA5D5D081E9C.pngBC541A19-1D9C-478F-9D4B-869A51A20107.png

Lisa34
Level 10
Murphysboro, IL

Our property is literally called “the barn”. It is a converted barn that now is a five bedroom home. The picture clearly shows it is a traditional barn. For home type we selected Barn, but it is not shown as being in the barn category.

3FE5D802-F45C-4A4C-BFB5-178ECF9349B8.jpeg

@Lisa34 

Your barn is very beautiful. I'm sorry this is happening to you. I'm sorry this is happening to others here. 

Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

OVER one month since our listings were handed over to the A.I. algorithm.

Still waiting for the "intelligence" bit to kick in.

Natasha-and-John0
Level 10
Cornville, AZ

How is everyone doing? Any improvements?

Nope. I'm in Sedona, next door to you, and am starting to book on Vrbo... nothing from Airbnb. How about you?

Me too, VRBO

BESIDES Booking do you know another one?

VRBO keeps losing setting or just changing them at will. I am staying away

I am getting bookings but I lowered my price, and the requests and people are different. People asking to brings their cats and parrots etc

Nope. Still crickets. We are right next to a national park that sees 2 million visitors a year and have always been fully booked. Especially in high season. Since the roll out I’ve had exactly 2 measly bookings and those are months away. My June, July and August are wide open. 
The worst part is Airbnb have made no effort to communicate despite calls and emails and this forum. I left all other rental platforms to list exclusively through AirBnb because they were so good. I also had my booking set to only 3 months out at a time which has always been great for me. Now I have shot myself in the foot trusting Airbnb. 
we were just finally recovering from the mandatory shut down on our island for the pandemic and now Airbnb has essentially done the same. 
Their response? Complete silence. 
Way to run a business AirBnb!!