Airbnb 2022 Summer Release: What you need to know

Airbnb
Official Account

Airbnb 2022 Summer Release: What you need to know

Our 2022 Summer Release represents the biggest change to Airbnb in a decade. We’re introducing:

• Airbnb Categories: A new way to search that makes it easy for guests to discover millions of homes they never knew existed

• Split Stays: An innovative feature that pairs two listings when a guest searches for a longer stay

• AirCover: The most comprehensive protection in travel, included for free with every stay

Get all the details on the Resource Center, and tell us: Will you be updating your listing for Airbnb Categories and Split Stays? How will you update it?

1,048 Replies 1,048

Correction : I have several months of availability in 2022. (Aug through Dec).

From 97% occupancy  with my two properties to 3 bookings ONLY in the next year!!!

Really? Airbnb

**[Inappropriate content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

**[Image removed - Community Center Guidelines]

Wow.

I just checked your availability. That's is unbelievable.

Your beautiful properties in Portugal should definitely be fully booked by now.

How upsetting for you.

Can you leave Airbnb plus and list on other sites?

We've received lots of bookings from Booking.com

Sorry, México, not Portugal.

Remove the “Any week” feature, please. Most of our guest visits are to Disneyland with their stays averaging 3-4 days as there’s only so much to do/see at Disneyland. The “Any week” feature eliminates the listings such as ours from being considered as a couple of day stays and/or shows availability for the next full week months away when in fact we have “days” available throughout the months!!! 

Gigi169
Level 6
Hawaii, United States

@Ana2038  I totally agree!  We are next to Volcanoes National Park and people generally stay here a couple nights. We don’t even list it for a full week as we are so far removed from stores etc. Most guests stay just a few nights before moving on to other parts of the island. So searching by a full week will eliminate my already invisible listing even further. (Same problem with searching by the weekend as people travel all throughout the week.)

I know this whole thing is just revenue driven in their favor at our expense. And not a peep from them to even acknowledge there may be an issue that they could address for us. Unbelievable. 
It’s not like they are doing us any favors. We are actively putting money in their coffers. So it makes no sense to me. 

Diane34
Level 4
Palmer Lake, CO

Now I cannot believe Airbnb is offering $10,000 to individuals who can come up with an OMG idea. That is a total waste of money in my opinion. Kind of adds to the crazy approach they are taking with the business. As is that many people want to stay in a funky crazy setting instead of a comfortable nice home?

Hmm...how about firing the genius who thought the new Airbnb "Summer release" updates were a great idea!!

I'll be waiting for my check....

I didn’t see this offer but I have a great idea!   Go back to the old platform!   

@Airbnb @Stephanie 

one of my properties is a PENTHOUSE with a amazing Private pool, and you put it as condo? Regular condo? Really?

Denice0
Level 10
Placitas, NM

Three small units 3 miles from a national park.  Bookings are very slow since the summer rollout - I have  openings in August, September and October. It's looking more like a 2020 pandemic year.  Any ideas @Sybe@Stephanie , @Quincy ,  @Airbnb ?  

AI or Air wants to rent properties up to 2 hours away from the national park, less desirable locations, lower rated properties (4.57 stars are being pushed as Superhosts).  Is it time to stop hiding the properties which are truly superhost, and are truly at the gateway to the National park?

Gigi169
Level 6
Hawaii, United States

@Denice0 This is EXACTLY my situation as well. 4 minutes from a national park that sees 2million plus visitors a year and no hotels nearby so vacation rentals are the only game in town. I’ve always been fully booked using just this platform. (Unfortunately my loyalty has shot me in the foot now.)

While other less desirable properties with lower ratings and over an hour’s hard drive away are featured in the top of the search, my place literally 4 minutes away, superhost, 4.99 stars (only a single 4 star over 2 years ago), is just crickets.
And no help from support or even acknowledgement that this is a problem they are looking at. Unbelievable.  

@Gigi169 I sent this to Air as feedback on the national park category.

The national park category is misleading and deceptive advertising.  It is misguiding guests and implying that properties 2 hours away from national parks are desirable locations for hiking and enjoying the parks - on a daily use basis.  A 2-hour (4-hour round trip) drive through mountainous roads, roads that can close quickly due to snow, wildfires and flooding can be dangerous for unsuspecting guests.  After a day of adventure in the park this would be a long trip back to a vacation rental.

Some guests are unfamiliar with back-country wilderness driving and the need to watch for wildlife on the roads.  In some cases, they can quickly find out they have a fear of driving at 10-12,000 ft. elevations, or are not prepared for driving for long stretches without cell service. Just a few of the unknowns that AI/AIR is not pointing out with the new category push.  I recently had a guest with a “split vacation rental” write and ask the best way to get to the second location.  I was surprised they didn’t know, and informed them it was across the continental divide, highest highway in N. America.  A beautiful drive if you are prepared.

Gigi169
Level 6
Hawaii, United States

@Denice0 @All very good points and all applicable to the issues here as well. 

What was their response?

@Gigi169  I wrote on the feedback tab.  I doubt they read it.  We sure haven't heard from the moderators.  I thought there were July changes for the rollout, because of the thousands of host comments?  They seem to be burying this thread.