Cleaning protocol in July 2020

Willow32
Level 1
Exeter, United Kingdom

Cleaning protocol in July 2020

Dear hosts,

what is the correct cleaning protocol from the beginning of July Please?

8 Replies 8
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Here is the list of handbooks by country, @Willow32 : https://www.airbnb.ca/cleaning/handbook

Hello. Because it is obviously going to cost more (time and equipment) to follow the Cleaning Protocols, is it possible to raise the standard cleaning fee that you have set to guests who have already booked? And how do you do that? Thanks

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ben3507 no - you can't change anything relative to when the guest booked.

@Willow32 Be warned - if you try to follow the UK protocol you will be cleaning for hours and get through awful lot of gloves etc. Unless we have a guest who actually gets ill then we will not following this protocol as it is based on an assumption that the guest has had covid (which most of the time will be false).

if you go to the Covid 19 resources on gov.uk you will find a far more sensible approach to cleaning which is what we will be following.

Thanks for coming back so quickly and for your advice. So I can't alter the standard fee to guests already booked? Have I got that right?
I will take the cleaning guidelines from gov.uk as you suggested.

@Mike-And-Jane0  Virus transmission is now primarily by those who have the virus and are asymptomatic. Your attitude is counter to the science.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Nonsense @Sarah977 ! There is no need to service our rooms as if  every pore of the last guest's body was oozing & leaking Ebola! - Normal cleaning should suffice! ( I charge £20 for one person.... How much cleaning do you expect me to do for that?)

@Mike-And-Jane0 When I looked at gov.uk last night, the only cleaning protocols I could find ALSO took the view that cleaning was decontaminating after an infected guest... I couldn't find a less drastic, standard cleaning protocol.... if you've seen one, could you post it here...? - especially as @Willow32 , the OP is England based.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ben3507 - Correct. It would be unfair for a guest to book and then the host change the price or cancellation policy etc.

Excellent point. Thanks.