Compliments to the host

Airbnb
Official Account

Compliments to the host

Surfacing Kudos Article Image.jpg

There’s nothing like getting a “job well done!” when you’ve worked hard. And so many of you do go the extra mile to create magical stays for your guests. Our team that works on reviews knows how much positive feedback matters. So during one team brainstorm, they came up with this idea: What if we gave guests a way to quickly and easily specify what was so great about their stay with a host? We could identify the most common themes that guests love about their top-rated trips and list them out for guests to choose from. Fast forward to today and their idea is coming to life. Here are the top seven themes that emerged:

All_compliments@2x.png

Now when a guest gives their trip an overall rating of 4-5 stars, they’re automatically prompted to give a little more detail about what made it memorable. Guests can choose as many of the seven compliments as they like, and (as always) they can elaborate on their experience in their own words in public or private feedback. So the next time you wow your guests, here’s what they’ll see:

Review_flow@2x.png

And we’ve added a special “Compliments” section to your review summary when you’re viewing it from the Airbnb app on your mobile phone—so you’re sure to see what they appreciated about your space and your hosting style. The team is adding the final touches to this feature on the web, so soon you’ll see the Compliments section when you’re on your computer as well.

Detailed_review@2x.png

There’s more soon to come. We’re working on ways to make these compliments show up in guest searches so that they can see what makes your hospitality shine. It’s another way to help set guest expectations and reach your hosting goals. Whether you already have a few compliments, or you’re looking forward to that first one, we’re cheering you on.

507 Replies 507
Alexei17
Level 2
Netanya, Israel

Dear ABB Team,

Thank you for consistent improvements and your great work!!

What about giving us the opportunity to thanks those great people that stayed with us, those who you really want and giving us an opportunity to send special offer for next time?

Dear ABB Team,

Thank you for consistant improvements and your great work!!

What about giving us the oportunety to thanks those great peuple that staed with us, the oportunety   to send the special offer for the next time they come back?

Just imagine; the option of me as host, sending to guest a special offer for the next trip and they can share it with them friends!

It is a win-win situation from which we will all gain!!!! 

Hosts get satisfied and great guest coming back or referred friend of them

Guests traveling with confidence and good fillings (also less species)

ABB getting returned client, positive feedback and  more likely to have a positive and potential customers (Friend bring Friend)

It will be much appreciated if you kindly add an option for hosts to send COUPON Codes (with time expiration) offering discount for the next trip!

Mike11
Level 4
Cape Town, ZA

Thanks for loking & trying to make the site worthwhile.

I agree though, about the position. You CLEARLY place a map of the area on the listion.

Enough said.

If clients don't read it, then what else can one do.

Airbnb has taken care of this issue for us, so why bother rating it if Airbnb is going to put in a map anyway?

Either remove the map or remove rating of our positions.

we would like to see the guests review and comment first as we can not do this now 

we have to give them a review without seeing their review 

this is not the right way of doing it 

and ther system of private reviews is not working correxctly 

Jackie320
Level 1
Springfield, KY

Gosh, I must be an anomaly.  After hosting well over 330 guests, I have had very few complaints.

Tom-and-Norma0
Level 2
Corrales, NM

The Airbnb guest feedback mechanism is not the best process -  the guest is asked a few times through the process, (from what I can remember) "is there anything else you can think of that this host could have done better?" It's like they are encouraging negative feedback.

And, yes, there can be guests that cannot be pleased anywhere, or do not read the listing completely. 😉 Luckily those are few, and most guests are very appreciative.  

Sheron5
Level 2
Georgetown, TX

I live on the farm where my rentals are, so I get to meet and interact with all of my guests.  In 8 years of hosting hundreds of guests, I have had only 1 3* review (guest thought the farm stay was a little to "Green Acres"), and a few 4* reviews.  I wonder if having the personal contact and becoming a "friend" helps?  I personally like the idea of having the 7 areas guests can complement, and obviously hope they select all of them!

Leslie336
Level 1
Elkhart, IN

I think it all depends on the guest as to how much contact is wanted or needed.  We use a smart lock for independent entry.  Most times for me guests want to get into the home and have some down time.   I just make sure they know I am available and more then happy to come if needed.   That has worked well so far,  but we are relatively new to hosting as well.   I appreciate all of your wisdom!!

Corazon4
Level 1
New Zealand

I have nothing to say yet cuz I have not had any reservation taken in. We wanted always the best for our guests. All the Airbnb staff are awesome. Always looking forward to give this kind of review for a better services. I hope and pray that my bookings and reservation will be doing good for my first guest.

This feedback gave me a wider vision what to do. Maybe ask them the basic expectation they wanted though it is already specified on your listing.

To all Airbnb staff more power to you all and thanks much for the good thoughts. 

All the best

Corazon

L46
Level 2
Perris, CA

We are so pleased to have the opportunity to enrich our giests experience and receive recognition, as well.

We specialize in simple pleasures and thoughtful touches the make their time here unique and memorable.

Bravo dream team!

We certainly appreciate your efforts towards ensuring a pleasant, graceful and easefilled booking.

Kim736
Level 1
New York, NY

THANK YOU

This is a wonderful addition to the review process

It is a challenge to be responsive in every facet of

hosting. This will help for me to identify areas 

that I can improve. 

I love sharing my city with guests and tailoring

the apartment to the particular country they

call home. 

BRAVO Airbnb 

Jeri13
Level 2
White Salmon, WA

Stop giving people more ways to criticize their host.  Please. 

Jillian38
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Have you considered "unique experience" or "point of difference"

I really like this idea! More detailed and specific feedback, choice! Hope it will be up for our NZ summer season?

Dennis-and-Mireya0
Level 2
Anton Valley, Panama

Constantly improving to do a better job is part of what we want to hear.  If we can do something better to make the client enjoy their stay better, we are for it.  Sometimes clients have good ideas to help us improve.  Also, if we can help clients to improve the way they treat us and our properties will help them do a better job the next time they rent.

Itchy Foot Rest

TRY US FOR:

Snowmobiling:

. Winter: stopover for the night on the Seguin Trail.  The trail runs right in front of us.   Our suite is cozy, comfy, spacious, with big screen TV, fireplace, full bath, full fridge, dishes and utensils.

Or:

. stay with us and ski crosscountry/snowshoe at Arrowhead Park, or, conditions permitting, on our lake.  Downhill skiing nearby at Hidden Valley Resort.

.Or, Summer: 

. Seeing Canada?  Stay with us for a taste of Muskoka/Almaguin. 

. Mini vaca?  We offer lakefront, beautiful swimming.  Non motorized boats available.  Park your own motor boat for skiing, etc.  Close to several accesses to Algonquin and other parks for hiking, canoeing.