Feedback on design prototype: "adding reviews to Today tab"

Rakesh36
Airbnb Staff
Airbnb Staff
San Mateo, CA

Feedback on design prototype: "adding reviews to Today tab"

Hi all!

We're working on a feature that adds an entry point on the Today tab for hosts to easily act on any pending guest reviews to complete once a stay is complete. We'd really like to get your feedback  as we finalize our designs. Would this help in providing a easy way to complete reviews? Sharing some screens below (desktop here, but will also be on mobile). If anyone here would like to share feedback, please DM me or leave a note in this thread.  Happy to follow up 1:1 as well ! 

Thanks again! 

Thanks, 

Rakesh

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 10.47.02 AM.png

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Rakesh36 I am not sure this is overly useful. It is already exceptionally easy to see what reviews are due as hosts are sent notifications and reminded regularly. What would be useful is a quick route to see the details of a review eft by a guest. At present we have to go to insights, then quality then something I can't remember to see the star rating left against each category and the overall rating.

One thought,

Why not a daily 'to do' list that could encompass reviews due, questions to be answered, outstanding requests needing responses, tax ID required etc. We are small scale so don't have a problem keeping up but perhaps bigger commercial hosts could benefit from this - Although I am not sure why I am trying to help the type of hosts I dislike on principle!!!

Thanks @Mike-And-Jane0  for the feedback. 

You are right that completing reviews in time have been more of feature for larger scale hosts, who usually have more volume to keep up with. 

Re: your comments about easy way to capture some host stats , we are actively working on some ideas. Will share soon!

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Seems like a good idea @Rakesh36.  I only have three listings and don’t typically forget to review someone.  There are plenty of reminders in the two-week period, plus visual reminders like app-inbox notifications.  But it will probably be helpful for large-scale hosts.  And it is a signal that Airbnb is eager to have more guests rated and reviewed.

Let me drill down a bit into this process.  When I review someone, I always go back to the message thread to see what the tone and communication with this guest was like from the beginning.  I assume large-scale hosts need this kind of reminder as much as I do if not more.  As noted, there are already multiple ways hosts are reminded and can be reminded of pending reviews, including an inbox filter.  But there is nothing that makes it easier to remind a host what kind of a guest they had, which is very important when writing a review.  If I could see the message thread above or next to the review page, that would be a huge help.