Feedback on today's announcement of 100+ improvements to Airbnb?

Scott
Administrator
Administrator
SF, CA

Feedback on today's announcement of 100+ improvements to Airbnb?

Hi folks, today our CEO Brian Chesky unveiled a new report about future travel trends as well as 100+ new tools, features, and upgrades to Airbnb to help Hosts take advantage of the upcoming travel rebound. 

We'd love to hear your feedback 🙏

1. did anything particular stand out for you?
  2. is anything missing from your perspective?

On thing to call out is the new "Today tab" isn't yet available in our professional hosting tools.  We're working on that now, so if you have feedback or a wish list on how to improve your hosting home page, please let me know!

9 Replies 9
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Scott,

I thought the announcement was interesting, as most initiatives and changes seemed to have grown directly from data acquired during the last 18 months, from travel trends to hosts' chief complaints.

I note that, on the app, one has more sorting options for reservations than we've had on the site.  Choosing "calendar," then scrolling down and choosing "view all" in the app, I can at last sort by booking date and by listing.  Since the new site is meant to integrate more closely with the app, will this be possible on the site?

Thanks for the heads up on why I haven't seen the "today" tab.  For the home page, I'm still most interested in number of views and least interested in "opportunities."

Hi @Ann72 thanks for the feedback!  I know you're interested in being able to sort your reservation list by all columns -- we've got that in mind for a future improvement 👍

Re: the new Today tab, let me know if you're interested in sharing feedback on the design before it goes live.

Re: views, what are your thoughts on the Views in the Performance tab? https://www.airbnb.com/performance/conversion/p3_impressions

Great news on the columns, @Scott.  I do have views on Views in the Performance tab and will come back to you with them soon.  

I would love to share feedback on the Today tab!!!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Scott Has anything changed in pro tools? I only use Safari not the app

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0 yes there have been a few improvements for pro tools hosts, for example the new Arrival Guide which is an improvement that shows up for your guests. A few other highlights are captured in this post.  

Question: how do you use your hosting dashboard on Safari today?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Scott I'm not sure I understand the question re how I use the hosting dashboard but I will try:

1) I use it as a good way to shortcut to views, earnings etc by just clicking on the data towards the top right.

2) I ignore the 'opportunities' as they just irritate me when I am continually asked to allow animals/get air conditioning/allow stays over 30 days. The first doesn't work for us as we have our own animals, the second is just plain stupid in the UK where it only gets hot enough for aircon on a handful of days per year and the third would create tenancy rights and destroy the tax advantages of Furnished Holiday Lets in the UK.

3) I love the views tab but

a) The data is demonstrably wrong as we have bookings for certain months when the data shows no one has viewed our properties

b) It used to have a next 6 months button but you now have to change the dates manually and if you take longer than about a second to change the month the whole date needs to be input

c) Comparing to the last period is generally pointless as we are seasonal. Far better would be comparing to the same period a year ago to be able to compare rates etc across a year.

d) I compare to 'similar listings' but do not really trust the data.

Finally, and slightly off topic, when I get a review and it shows up on the hosting dashboard why can't I click it and get to the place where I can see the whole review including the star ratings given for each review element. At present it takes me ages to find this info.

Thanks for the detailed feedback @Mike-And-Jane0, give as a bit of time to process.
Cc @Alex 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Hi @Scott Another question if I May:

Why do you have Pro tools and normal tools? Surely this duplication of Airbnb's efforts leads to increased costs and a slower response to fixing any glitches.

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0 that's a great question. Both standard and pro tools share many, many of the same tools, and moving forward will share even more. 

For example, all hosts use the same Inbox and Reservations page, and soon all hosts will use the same hosting home page -- which we're calling the "Today tab" -- that will adapt itself as you host more and more listings and reservations.

Historically there have been a few areas -- like calendar -- where the functional needs are quite different based on the number of listings you host. So we created this switch to go between standard and professional hosting tools.  Hope that helps.