Managing reservations made simpler

Airbnb
Official Account

Managing reservations made simpler

Reservation Details Article Image.jpg

You’ve told us that managing reservations from home or on the go could be easier and more consistent. As we did with changes to your reservations list, we’ve listened to your feedback, studied hosts’ concerns raised with the community-support team, and run research studies to understand how we could improve your experience. Here’s a sneak peek of upcoming changes built on your input.

Consistent information wherever you go

Soon, whether you’re managing reservations on the Airbnb app or website, you’ll have the same set of reservation details available. What’s more, anywhere you see a reservation—in your calendar, the message thread, your dashboard, or your reservations list—you’ll be able to take action right from that screen, which means it will be faster and more efficient for you to handle each reservation.

reservation-en.gif

More details about reservations and guests

We’re giving you more specific information about the status of each reservation. And you’ll also get more details about the guest associated with each reservation without having to click into their profile. You’ll know how long they’ve been on Airbnb, what languages they speak, and if they’re a host like you, so you can make confident booking decisions and interact with your guests efficiently and quickly, all from one screen.

More payment details

You’ve told us that you wanted your expected payout dates to be even more visible. Numerous hosts called our  community support team about this, so we made sure payout dates were easier to find. We’ve added a link to your transaction history and expected payout dates alongside every reservation.

Answers to your frequently asked questions, right where you need them

By studying the types of questions that come up most often for inquiries and reservations, we’ve been able to anticipate what answers might be most helpful to you based on the reservation you’re currently managing. We’ve added links to reservation-specific FAQs at the bottom of every reservation so you can get the information you need, when you need it.

More consistent tools and views

Previously, if you had Instant Book turned on for a listing, you could only hold dates when you pre-approved a guest on the website. Now you can do so in the app too. And the private notes feature, which was previously available only in the calendar, is now available anywhere you see a reservation.

All these improvements are coming your way in the next few months, and we hope they help make quick work of managing your reservations. Thanks to all the hosts who gave us feedback and joined focus groups. Let us know what you think of these changes and others you’d like to see.

2,467 Replies 2,467
Janine3
Level 6
Toronto, Canada

My message window (on my full desktop screen) is teeny, tiny, narrow .... can't read more than a few words at a time.  Very difficult to write well when I can't see my sentences.  In the meantime, there's 4 inches of blank screen to the right, with only my own profile pic at the top of that "column". Is there a way to widen the message window?

Hi Janine

I agree my message window is smaller . Very odd

Vicky102
Level 2
Christchurch, New Zealand

Hi Team

I don't seem to be able to see my EXTRA guests payout, and in fact, most of my extra guests which I charge $45.00 per person doesn't ever get paid. I'm wondering Why? your doing yourselves out of money also.

Vicky Super host.

Di63
Level 1
Joondalup, Australia

Re no photos anymore beforehand.   I hear your reasoning that some guests feel they may be discriminated against due to race.  Firstly, I am not discriminatory with race or country and have had multicultural and coloured guests who I saw their photo and they were welcome.

My query is if this is the reasoning is does not compute to me.  EG if  applying guests are refused and they feel uncomfortable, what happens if they land at the hosts place and then feel more uncomfortable as the hosts do not feel comfortable?

My problem is I am an insightful woman who lives on my own.  it is very important I feel safe.   I work as a community worker and never judge my clients problems etc.  However I do feel I can get some information from a photo.    Since photos have stopped I had a guest who is a secret smoker and a big drinker. Ok that may suit some hosts but not me.  I get very ill from cigarette smoke.    I was quite frightened when he drank a lot one night and stayed o ut oon my veranddah.   I could see  when he came to the door that he looked and sounded like a drinker and smoker,  but gave him benefit of doubt.   He was also someone well known  and If I had seen his photo I would have declined for his sake as well as mine.       

I find it SCARY not to  have a photo.  I also had a guest too purporting to be someone else and if they had a photo I could have seen this.  They told me this later.  Someone else could come to the door and say they are an airbnb guest too when they are not.   I read a lot from a person's face I am insightful and intuitive and also prefer they write to me as I can get an idea from this too.  I have for years before AIrbnb had many many overseas students from middle east, china, africa etc stay with me. PLEASE I would like a photo..      If there are any hosts prejudice against a race of people then why would you want to send the guest to them!!!???   That is n ot helping in most cases.     In my own case I  just wish to gain as much info as possible as to their values and character.  It was so much easier before as guests would always send me a letter and we'd write back and forth with questions.   I do not want a strange man without a reference nor a photo come and sleep the n ight at my place.  Currently I am putting myself in danger I feel.  The last guest for some reason I saw later did not even had an ID and yet I put on Airbnb they have to.   PLEASE it doesn't make sense and is upsetting a lot of hosts.   It transfers to guests enquiring as with no photo people are MORE suspicious of them!!    Please have some commoon sense. Di

As prospective guests see the picture of the host, it iseems only fitting that the host be permitted to see the photo and reviews of a prospective guest before responding. 

That's great news, everyone loves information.

Charlotte525
Level 2
Québec, Canada

SVP en francais cette page d'aide

I have a hard time now to reserve certain dates. Can you explain to me how I can make sure that these dates, that I want to reserve are closed for new reservations?

Amelia2
Level 2
Exeter, United Kingdom

New design:  I didnt see the new 'pre-approval' green notice when responding to enquiries by people - on Mac laptop.  It needs to be higher up on the page.  It used to be within the email.

Linda1516
Level 2
Minneapolis, MN

Disappointed that this update did not restore the functionality that allows one to readily save a calendared reservation to my personal calendar.  It's a nuisance to do it manually, but necessary so my day job and airbnb scheduling don't conflict.   😞

Susan1727
Level 2
Cebu City, Philippines

What to do to get more bookings in airbnb w/o competing the lower price per night? 

Glori0
Level 1
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Why disable features that gave us more information like the Special Offer where we could see exactly how much the guest would pay and how much we would be paid? Now it's a guessing game. I really dislike these changes.

John2489
Level 1
Regina, Canada

How do you change the calendar view from the linear one-line to a month at a time view? Was looking for this.

Also, tried to include a map for guests after they have been approved for booking but there is no place to include this, other than text instructions. Have to search for this as well - I do remember there was a place where "what guests see when they book in, where you added photos" - was this removed? Where do I find this?

Thanks for any help you provide. John

Debra261
Level 4
Bristol, United Kingdom

I too, would like to be able to have a map stored somewhere with photos of the outside of my house and photos of street signs, which I only send once a guest has booked. I can't see how to do this on my lap top.

I would also like this and look for a solution.