Maximise your listing: The perfect listing title

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Maximise your listing: The perfect listing title

Stephanie_0-1631633055571.jpeg

Hiya,

There’s many different facets to preparing your listing for the Airbnb website, all of which can impact how guests discover you. In this series Maximise your listing we are looking at things that can affect your SEO - your search engine optimisation (the search engine being the Airbnb platform!) 

Your listing title and description act as keywords - the former having more weight in the search results. You’ll want to make a clear and legible title that also has a lot of keywords in it to get a nice read and top search ranking. Don’t fall into the trap of having a series of keywords instead of a title but also don’t make your title too light that it doesn’t hit anything your guests might be looking for, e.g. “Comfy cottage in the Malverns.”

Have you thought about how your listing title impacts your search optimisation? Any tips you’ve learnt worked well?

It’s important to review that title regularly to make sure you’re getting your bang for your buck! 

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

17 Replies 17
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Stephanie This is a good topic. I wish Airbnb would expand more on this. For example, I am confused by your post ... is "Comfy cottage in the Malverns" a good or weak listing title? What are some of the best "keywords" that impact search rankings?

It is difficult to ask us (the hosts) if we have "any tips that have worked well" because we know so little about the Airbnb search alorgthism. We are blindly creating listing titles and hoping that we are placed high enough in searches. How would I know if my title is impacting bookings/searches?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Emilia42 

Oh, that is my fault for not being clear (I wrote this one myself.) The example has value with the location proximity and cottage but could also maximise the title opportunity by using more keywords that may be relevant like "hiking" or "dogs welcome" (the Malverns is in the UK and is perfect for rambling). That's not to say the shorter one can't still get a ton of bookings and doesn't describe the listing well enough - it's more thinking about extra points to amplify on guest search. 

Like all search engines, there's not one set algorithm but many applied to many different criteria; all of these are subject to change dependant on performance data. The info I shared is common SEO/ASO practice if that helps paint a broader picture.

Having said that, would you like us to see if we can share more information on this topic?

Thanks

-----

@Stephanie Yes! Any information to improve our listings search ranking would be helpful 🙂 Thanks!

I would also love to see more about this topic!

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Stephanie admittedly I know next to nothing about this. I just added that we are pet friendly in the listing description as it won't fit in the title. We never seem to have trouble getting noticed-- maybe its the combination of "unique" and "schoolhouse"? 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Laura2592  This comes from a position of giving those new to the hosting adventure some more tools in their getting started arsenal. A Superhost with a 4.7 average rating like yourself absolutely sounds like they won't have any trouble at all getting booked! 

-----

@Stephanie  yes I understand 🙂 But the even seasoned hosts may not know a lot about this topic. So I am curious to see what others have to say. Never too late to learn. 

Antoinette151
Level 3
Mandeville, Jamaica

I’m also very interested in getting some guidance as to how to create a perfect title! 

Stephanie1933
Level 10
Christchurch, New Zealand

@Stephanie yes, a list of great titles would be interesting and informative. 

Tom934
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Always useful to know how the search works as the title length is quite limited.

@ Stephanie Hello! This is a great topic. I too would like to know what makes the algorithms kick into high gear. Thank-you for your input. 

Hello, if you need someone to do your listing SEO pls let me know.

Stephanie1933
Level 10
Christchurch, New Zealand

I would love to know how to get my listing to the top 🙂 Due to Covid I haven't had enough stays to be a Superhost... hopefully in the next round. 

Hello, if you need someone to do your listing SEO pls let me know.