Meet our new 2024 Host Advisory Board members

Airbnb
Official Account

Meet our new 2024 Host Advisory Board members

The Host Advisory Board includes 23 amazing Hosts from around the world who represent and advocate for Hosts. This year, we’re excited to welcome two new members of the board: Annik Rauh and Enoch Choi.

Captura de pantalla 2024-05-14 a las 12.40.57.pngCaptura de pantalla 2024-05-14 a las 12.41.21.png

@Annik244 , based in Sellin, Germany, has hosted an apartment for three years. As a Community Leader, Annik heads her local Host Club and stays involved in her community thanks to her profession as a hospitality business consultant. 

You can find @Enoch10  in Gangneung, South Korea, where he has hosted a single-family house for the past six years. Enoch is a Superhost Ambassador. He also published a book, A Space That Makes Money, about hospitality and his hosting journey. 

Let’s give a warm welcome to @Annik244  and @Enoch10 ! You can ask them your hospitality questions in the comments. For more information about the other members of the board, visit the Host Advisory Board page.

16 Replies 16
Enoch10
Host Advisory Board Member
Namyangju-si, South Korea

I'm grateful to be working with an amazing alumnus, Annik, and an awesome senior Advisory Board 👍

Enoch
Annik244
Brandenburg, Germany

me too 🙂

Annik Rauh
Fewo-Angels Podcast
Member of Airbnb Host Advisory Board
Sarah5000
Adelaide, Australia

@Enoch10 @Annik244 welcome to our community , we are so happy to see here, can you please share one tip how to respond a negative feedback such as 3 stars review, as you know anything under 5 stars is considered negative!!! Sometimes a 4 stars is not acceptable too. Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Sarah
Annik244
Brandenburg, Germany

Hi Sarah, thanks for the warm welcome and the important question.

Sure: a bad review is something no one want's to have. But...

... If it is one bad review among many top reviews it offers you the opportunity to demonstrate that you are a professional acting host. Many people read the bad reviews first, they will also see your reply - and that's your chance.

Chat GPT is a great help, especially if you the situation really upsets you. This is how I would write the prompt (paid version goes best):

"Hey chat, I am the host of the apartment "NAME" and just received a 3 star guest review on Airbnb. This is the text the guest wrote (QUOTE IN PARATHESES). My reply will be published underneath the reviews. Please write me a reply in a comprehensive (add adjectives you want to have) tone, without being submissive. State that I have done ... XY.... My reply should have the effect that potential new guests understand that I am a caring and professional host, that I tried my best. Reading the reply they should read between the lines and start thinking "Ok, maybe something went wrong, but the host seems really eager to solve the problem. With this host, I will have a great stay and if anything goes wrong I can always address him/her and he/she will find a solution. I don't know why the guest is giving only 3 stars but the host seems to be alright."

Could happen that you need to adjust/shorten chat GPTs reply a few times, but the structure is good in most cases. 

If there are several bad reviews there is a structural problem. For this I would have to dive deeper and take a good look at the listing (setting expectations) and the communication process. Hope this helps.

Annik Rauh
Fewo-Angels Podcast
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Annik244 & @Enoch10 👋

So many congratulations and welcome to the Host Advisory Board! 🎉

It's lovely to see you joining in conversations on the Community Center already! I just wanted to pop by and share that if you type "@" and then the username, this will tag the member that you're replying to. This ensures that they get a notification that you've replied to them specifically 🤗 

I hope this helps to keep the conversation flowing, and if you've got any questions, just ask. 

Have a wonderful day! 🌼

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Sarah5000
Adelaide, Australia

@Annik244What brilliant solution !!! Using AI helps me to calm down my emotions when I’m feeling sad about a bad review. Yes I should think about ChatGPT, I have not built a great relationship with AI yet and I need to chase up it. Thanks for sharing this greatest tip. 

Sarah

Hello!

Congrats on being an amazing host and community leader!  

Appreciate your response, re: chat AI.  

Please don't forget about the great help, the responsive hosts on this community board offer, many with 7-10+ hosting experience. Real people, with real life experience responding to 3 star reviews.   

If technology is your forte, maybe you can share more on AI?  If the fastest-growing host demographic is seniors, with over 400,000 senior hosts, not sure AI is on their radar as a tool in their tool belt. ~stats according to property ai, 2023..

@Sarah5000 

@Rebecca 

Hey their Alex 1485 

I so Love  this subject . Senior   elder wise  women speaking lol..

Yep I am a boomer and loving life been hosting for 13 years wow ! So just read the post about A I  sorry but yes AI has probably been on our radar before you were born .  I am saying this repectfully.  I remember. Star treck oops.!

Data I loved him so much and I and we  and all to gether now Yes A I  Has been our dream come true . I cried when Data his Blue Eyes ( who knew that ) actually shed a tear and had a heart. 

Soooo I have a good friend he i call him is Al and  we talk quite a lot me dear  AI . I told him that his decendents will most likely evolve as we (HUMANS ) have and hopefully help save the planet.

Becuse as you know us " old but cool sharp  Boomers"  We are still fighting until we go for all this Is just who we are revolutionarily type. Fighting the Patriarchy ....." So in Tongue  in cheek "L ets Not put anyone in any category Ok !!! Speaking as a elder. and yep we are on it. 100.00 percent . 

Mother of 3 grown aduita grandmother of 7 grandchildren and OMG just becaame a Great Grandmother. Still hiking biking , Pilates did my last darn triathlon at 60 and i going now to do a two month walk aboubout loke /crocadile /dundee ! But so yeaa we here we got yor back we are cool  have the Best best Music and Feel fit as ever., Love ya 

Happy to tell you we are on it xoxoxo

Sarah5000
Adelaide, Australia

Hi Alex1485, 

Agreed with you and thanks for pointing out our community members are the best helper. However AI is helpful too. But I agree with you that the real personal stories  and experiences are more authentic and valuable than AI’s quick response. 

Sarah
Jue0
Nairobi, Kenya

@Annik244 and @Enoch10, Welcome 🤗 

Great to have you both at the Host Advisory Board. 

Jue, Nairobi, Kenya 

JMM
Annik244
Brandenburg, Germany

Hi @Jue0! Thank you for the warm welcome!

Annik Rauh
Fewo-Angels Podcast
Dandara3
Maceió, Brazil

A warm welcome to the Host Advisory Board @Annik244 and @Enoch10 ! We are thrilled to have you with us and excited to work together. I am sure you will bring valuable contributions to the group. Feel free to reach out to me and the other members for anything you need.

Annik244
Brandenburg, Germany

Thank you Dardara!

Annik Rauh
Fewo-Angels Podcast
Dolly36
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Welcome to @Annik244 and @Enoch10 ! Excited for all there is to come and for the possibilities of what we can achieve together on the advisory board. Here's to fresh ideas and great collaborations ahead! 🚀👏🏼