[Meetup] February 4th, 2021 - Community Social

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Meetup] February 4th, 2021 - Community Social

Meetup.jpg

Hello everyone,

After a little break from our social meetups in January, I hope many of you are excited to get back together and catch-up. I know I am looking forward to seeing you all. 

Our next online meetup will take place on Thursday, February 4th (10PM, UK time). This week we are on an America friendly timezone. 🙂 Hopefully this is enough time to plan, sorry this is a little late notice. Do let me know if this doesn't work for many of you.

Timezones:

Thursday February 4th, 4PM (Kansas City / Pensacola, Florida)

Thursday February 4th, 5PM (New York / Toronto)

Thursday February 4th, 11PM (Spain)

Friday February 5th, 7AM (Seoul)

Friday February 5th, 7:30AM (Darwin)

Friday February 5th, 8:30AM (Adelaide) 

Let me know if you are unsure of the timing in your area. 

[Updated each event] Please register using this link: https://airbnb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0qdO-prTwvE9Jdwx_6oUGUDS6NNI-cXj-c 

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

Tagging some of you who are regulars, but anyone who is new to the CC or EN socials we would love to see you:

@Cathie19@Lawrene0@Clara116@Christine615@Jessica-and-Henry0@Ann72@Roberta2, @Quincy, @Sandra126,  @Marissa107@Suzanne302@Ann489@Yadira22@Alexandra316@Nick@Debra300 @Yuan100 @Robin4@Katie@Inna22@Lisa723@Till-and-Jutta0@Kemi6@Marj2 

It would be lovely to see as many of you as possible. 

Thanks so much and do let me know if there is anything in particular you would like to chat about. 

Lizzie

New to CC socials: For anyone new to the socials, it's a weekly online meetup where CC members come together to connect with each other and have a bit of positivity along the way. It's not specifically Airbnb focused and anyone new is very welcome.  

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

85 Replies 85
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is pretty much a lie in from some of the other meetup time @Robin4. Time for breakfast and several cups of tea before too perhaps? 🙂 

See you then. 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Time to sip on a glass of wine - at 11 p.m.!

Till-and-Jutta0
Stuttgart, Germany
Till-and-Jutta0
Stuttgart, Germany

It’s been so great to talk with members face-to-face, in a friendly manner, positive, struggling with the different time zones as this is a real global community. And it’s important to realize, that we are members, not hosts only or guests only. We (Jutta and Till) personally love hosting, and we love travelling. As changing the perspective helps us to improve our listing and our hosting skills.

Like to see you next time! Now I start my working day with a nice cup of tea:

Institutional Rules & Regulations U.S. Penitentiary AlcatrazInstitutional Rules & Regulations U.S. Penitentiary Alcatraz

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie  Hello everyone that was on the zoom yesterday....great to see and exchange with all of you. 

What a treat.....nice to have buddies all over the world. 

Here's the Trevor Noah link about Happy Birthday song: its #2.....also, #1 is pretty funny 911.

Enjoy everybody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoBJOkhtDQQ

Be well and be safe - till next time, hugs and warmest greetings to  you all, Clara

@Cathie19 @Clara116 

This is a K-pop song that is popular as a *romantic* birthday song for your significant other if their birthday is in winter  😘 😀 😍 😊 

Cathie I know it's actually summer for you and Clara I will assume you don't get snow in Florida  😂 🤣 😅 but we got a lot of snow last week in Korea 😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kcPB6Qt7JY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ng8mYvP_dQ

KakaoTalk_20210203_235915202.jpg

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

@Clara116@Till-and-Jutta0@Katie@Cathie19@Ann72@Paul1255@Debra300@Lawrene0@Robin4@Bez8@Jessica-and-Henry0@Marissa107@Alexandra316@Jason1470

It was amazing to see you all last night (or morning or middle of the day). 🙂 

Here is our customary photo, although we are missing a couple of you who had to dash a little earlier than I could get my photo skills together! But, we know you were there. 

Screenshot 2021-02-04 at 23.02.44.png

It was a really fun discussion (with many unexpected topics!) and it was so lovely to see some new faces, Bez, Louisa and Jason (and to meet Jutta) and of course Paul to our social meetups. I hope you will join again.

Bez it was very nice to meet Clark and here is the topic I mentioned, if you have a spare 10 minutes I recommend looking through our community pet family there–you will not be disappointed. 🙂 

If anyone ends up making any interesting condiments, tomato sauce for example, please do share how you get on (Marissa, you looked keen?!?). 

Lastly, thank you to Cathie and Clara for having birthdays, it was great to hear everyone sing. hehe 

I hope you all enjoyed it. 

Looking forward to the next one, in a couple of weeks. 

Thanks again,

Lizzie

@Roberta2@Inna22@Christine615@Yuan100, we missed you–hope all is well. Hopefully see you at the next one.

--------------------

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for hosting us @Lizzie  I’m happy I came along 🙂 

A much-needed dose of kindness, understanding and good humour!

Hope the cake was okay @Paul1255. Well maybe I’ll have to do something more savoury, next time, if the time zone alternates.

@Lizzie  It was great to see you and everyone last night.  A wonderful gathering and a good reminder of how much we need face-to-face contact as well as words-on-the-page contact.

@Robin4 and @Cathie19  no gathering is complete without you, so I'm glad you both made it!

@Lawrene0 I love your romantic pandemic hair!  @Alexandra316 I can't wait to travel again and see you on the other side of the Atlantic.

It was so nice to meet @Paul1255 in person, to see @Till-and-Jutta0 again and to meet @Bez8.

Here's the recipe I mentioned - not tomato ketchup but tomato jam.  Unbelievably yummy.  @Marissa107 @Clara116 @Debra300 I expect a full report if not an actual jar :):):)

tomato_jam.jpeg

"Romantic pandemic hair" was combed because I had a previous meeting... 

If otherwise, you would have seen the usual raggedy toque, @Ann72 . These meetups are more forgiving than my workplace. 🙂

It was wonderful to see everyone! 

It was lovely to see you @Lawrene0.  😊

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Ann72,

I just happen to have all of the ingredients on hand, will give the recipe a try in the next few weeks, and let you know how it turns out.

I knew I could count on you, @Debra300  🙂

@Ann72 , I’m also intrigued by the pickled cherries!